Author Topic: Trade week targets & rumours? [merged]  (Read 226690 times)

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
Re: Trade week targets & rumours? [merged]
« Reply #1485 on: October 16, 2011, 08:21:09 PM »
Any news on the McAffer <-> Graham trade? Or any trade chasing McAffer? Heard that the dees are interested and are front runners.. Sick of the demons go away..

Lions still interested in McGuane? If we don't trade this year he may go for nothing next year in PSD?

He has agreed to a new contract with Collingwood.

Wasn't that Toovey?

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #1486 on: October 16, 2011, 08:29:38 PM »
I thought I read Macaffer was signing a contract as well but now i can't seem to find where I did read that.

Maybe I am thinking of Dawes. All of those people look the same to me.  ;)
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #1487 on: October 16, 2011, 08:31:42 PM »
lol..... :rollin :rollin

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1488 on: October 16, 2011, 09:01:08 PM »
Raise the bat,100 pages up :clapping
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #1489 on: October 16, 2011, 09:05:22 PM »
100 of 180 (days).

A veritable mix of aggression, cutting and pulling.  :clapping

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #1490 on: October 16, 2011, 09:30:04 PM »
Boonie would be proud ;D ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1491 on: October 16, 2011, 09:45:27 PM »
Jon Ralph pushing the definition of "good players" lol

From his twitter:

"It's bargain basement day tomorrow: good players going cheap in Setanta/Bower/Gram/Ray/McGuane/Connors/Macaffer. Any takers?"/

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1492 on: October 16, 2011, 09:53:20 PM »
100 of 180 (days).

A veritable mix of aggression, cutting and pulling.  :clapping

The strength of the thread is that it knows where it's off stump is and has put the hook shot away.
No chances given in 100 pages, kiss the coat of arms.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1493 on: October 17, 2011, 02:17:10 AM »
Trade Week - Day 7

Jason Gram could today join Carlton. The Saints are entertaining the prospect of losing Gram for a satisfactory trade swap involving at least one high draft selection.

Brisbane is almost certain to use a low draft selection to trade in veteran Western Bulldogs ruckman Ben Hudson.

Brisbane will also complete a deal for Hawthorn's Jordan Lisle to move north for a second-round draft selection - pick 29.

The Lions had told Adelaide on Friday they were prepared to offer a first-round pick - either 8 or 12 - and an end of first-round compensation pick for Kurt Tippett. The Crows said they were not interested in a trade unless it involved either of South Australians Jared Polec or Jack Redden. Brisbane is unprepared to entertain either of those players in a trade. Adelaide believe they can turn Tippett into a long-term Crow. Brisbane will have another crack at Tippett next year when he is out of contract and knowing he has a clause to be traded to his club of choice for a second and third round draft pick.

Brad Ebert is expected to cross to Port Adelaide from West Coast.

The Eagles remain confident of getting out-of-contract Western Bulldogs forward Josh Hill. Pick 49 remained the best offer the Western Bulldogs would get.

Geelong, angry that the Hawks have tentatively offered its back-up defender Tom Gillies, 21, a three-year contract while under contract to the Cats, have refused to negotiate with the Hawks.

St Kilda may convince Irishman Tommy Walsh that he should remain at the club. Walsh has told the club he wants a trade to Sydney but the Saints have so far indicated they want to retain him.

Melbourne could still make a late move to off-load Matthew Bate to the Bulldogs. They are asking for a first-round draft pick for the contracted player. The Bulldogs were not prepared to trade at that price.

Gold Coast will also probably complete a deal with Melbourne late today over defender Matthew Warnock.

The Bombers are likely to find rookie-listed ruck Josh Jenkins a new home, with both Adelaide and Gold Coast having offered him a contract and spot on their senior list.

Carlton pair Paul Bower and Setanta O'hAilpin are also yet to find new homes.

Collingwood pair John McCarthy and Brent Macaffer remain unmoved. McCarthy is understood to be likely to nominate for the drafts if a trade is not done today.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/tigers-morton-may-join-sydney-20111016-1lrjo.html#ixzz1axPk0piU
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/saints-weigh-up-gram-trade/story-e6frg7mf-1226168006825
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/essendon-search-for-top-pick-to-win-josh-caddy/story-fn69a32t-1226167924789

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1494 on: October 17, 2011, 04:09:58 AM »
Brisbane will also complete a deal for Hawthorn's Jordan Lisle to move north for a second-round draft selection - pick 29.
The Hawks have done very well getting a top 30 pick for a guy who played the VFL Ressies Grand Final against Coburg. Sheesh Vossy you could have got McGuane for cheaper than that and done us a favour lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1495 on: October 17, 2011, 07:43:49 AM »
I reckon Martin St James does the negotiating at Hawthorn. Apparently Vossy will also cluck like a chicken whenever Lisle gets a touch
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1496 on: October 17, 2011, 11:35:31 AM »
5 trades done so far today:

Trade No.14

Fremantle: Second round draft selection (29), third round selection (58) and fourth draft selection (71)

Hawthorn: Second round draft selection (38), third round selection (56)  on-traded to GWS Giants

Trade No.15

GWS Giants: Third round draft selection (56)

Hawthorn: Jarrad Boumann

Trade No.16

GWS Giants: Chad Cornes, Dean Brogan and fourth round draft selection (69)

Port Adelaide: Third round draft selection (49), on-traded to West Coast

Trade No.17

Port Adelaide: Brad Ebert, second round draft selection (45)

West Coast: Second round draft selection (28), third round selection (49)

Trade No.18

GWS: gain Pick 47

Collingwood: gain Peter Yagmoor (Qld zone selection) and pick 50.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1497 on: October 17, 2011, 11:41:59 AM »
There's no real stand out between them all besides for Port picking up Brad

tony_montana

« Reply #1498 on: October 17, 2011, 11:50:44 AM »
The Hawks have done very well getting a top 30 pick for a guy who played the VFL Ressies Grand Final against Coburg. Sheesh Vossy you could have got McGuane for cheaper than that and done us a favour lol.

Just goes to show how poo mcguane really is.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1499 on: October 17, 2011, 12:00:42 PM »
More trades...

GWS: gain Luke Power
Brisbane: gain pick 69.

West Coast: gain Josh Hill (Bulldogs)
Western Bulldogs: gain pick 49.