Author Topic: Tigers vs Freo game thread  (Read 52542 times)

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
Re: Tigers vs Freo game thread
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2011, 09:30:37 PM »
Haven't had much opportunity to get to games for the past three years and only really lurked here of late, but managed to get to the last two games. Fantastic atmosphere today. Really like the style of play being implemented. Hope to get to a few more games soon. Been impressed by Rance these past two weeks, and of course our band of exciting young midfielders and forwards. Good times ahead it appears.

Go Tiges!
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2011, 09:54:25 PM »
That was a good game, so many were good today but I want to point out that Bachar Houli is awesome, he sets up a lot of stuff, got a great kick on him and that beard is pimp.  Freo were scoring a lot of soft frees in the first three quarters, this made me angry, things were broken in the loungeroom, voices raised, neighbours disturbed.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline dizza

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2011, 10:15:34 PM »
Fantastic performance by the lads today. Nahas and Cotchin were both on fire, and you know things are going well when even Graham and Vickery are converting their set shots! Some disgraceful umpiring decisions, mainly in the first 3 quarters (seemed to even up a bit in the last when the result wasn't going to be easily changed), so to win despite that shows how much we're improving.
Push up!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2011, 10:57:19 PM »
great game glad we pumped them in the end.

I was at the game and couldnt find a single negative in any player.

The forward press we put on freo today was unbelievable. Tackling by the likes of nahas, King,  was sensational. Very Collingwood like we were today.

Thought it was good to see Houli back up last weeks effort. Good solid game. Grigg was ok.

Grimes great effort and good to see him start taking marks instead of the spoils. He will make it.

Liked the game of my favourite player Edwards today. He must continue to run and handball and avoid the kick. Consistency is the key.

Rance played a solid game, apart from that kick on the full right in front of us but hey mistakes happen Jackson made at least 3 today and dusty a few also.

He is at times clumsy and sometimes rushes his decisions but we need to persist.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

tony_montana

« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2011, 11:03:58 PM »
We have arrived

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2011, 01:07:27 AM »

Rance played a solid game, apart from that kick on the full right in front of us but hey mistakes happen Jackson made at least 3 today and dusty a few also.

He is at times clumsy and sometimes rushes his decisions but we need to persist.

I've always liked Rance but I watched him closely today and I was very frustrated. His endeavour and persistance are without question. His guts and determination are exeptional traits BUT it's his undisciplined acts that disturb me.
He cost us atleast 3 goals today with just stupid fundamental errors most notably standing defensive side at a stoppage especially when it's near their goal. Dumb dumb dumb
The club that keeps giving.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2011, 01:39:10 AM »
4 weeks ago I would've said the game against the Dogs will be a good test for us as a developing club.

Sure we are still a fair way off the Collingwoods Geelongs Hawthorns of this world yet the development growth increased maturity confidence unity desire effort  persistence and competitiveness is something I have not seen at this club since I was a small boy. Benny has the off field going well and Dimma has the on field going along nicely also.

I actually think now next week we'll test the Dogs and their credentialls to being a top 8 side while the RFC start saying how far how long how high and we start getting some well deserved applause. Credibility is not that far away and I for one am enjoying the ride. :thumbsup :clapping :gotigers

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2011, 01:59:25 AM »
What I also loved today was that our best players were our kids and mid tier players.

I was wrapped with Batchelor and Conca's game and thought Nahas and Houli were terrific all game

with little input from DUsty and some other better credentialled blokes in the team.

Best win in years and the development of our boys is slowly starting to take shape as the results are starting

to take care of themselves and we are starting to get the confidence up thus making the win more significant

long term. I just feel real good being a RFC supporter. Being a fan at our games now you can feel the winds

of changing sweeping through leading us to better times ahead with more prosperity and success. There is

definentely now an air of expectation and that nauseating happy feeling in your stomach rather than the

resignation of failure we have been so used to. Kudos to Dimma Benny and the boys for believing in us and

turrning the place around. :gotigers

Ox

« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2011, 02:03:58 AM »
I feel like I've just read a Dr Seuss book.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2011, 02:11:18 AM »
I feel like I've just read a Dr Seuss book.

Green eggs and ham?
One fish two fish red fish blue fish?
The cat in the hat?
Fox in Socks?
Hop on Pop?
How the Grinch Stole Christmas?
Horton Hears a Who?
 :lol :rollin :lol

Ox

« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2011, 02:20:09 AM »
Green Eggs,most assuredly  ;)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2011, 02:25:56 AM »

I've always liked Rance but I watched him closely today and I was very frustrated. His endeavour and persistance are without question. His guts and determination are exeptional traits BUT it's his undisciplined acts that disturb me.
He cost us atleast 3 goals today with just stupid fundamental errors most notably standing defensive side at a stoppage especially when it's near their goal. Dumb dumb dumb
The kid has still only played under 30 games, is holding down a key defensive spot along side a bloke with only 6 games to his name. He's improved massively this year and can't be expected to win every contest and not make a single mistake, especially at his level of development.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2011, 08:20:13 AM »

The kid has still only played under 30 games, is holding down a key defensive spot along side a bloke with only 6 games to his name. He's improved massively this year and can't be expected to win every contest and not make a single mistake, especially at his level of development.
look like I said I've always liked him but it was his fundamental basic errors. His spoil late in the game was fantastic. But he did cost us 3 goals from very basic fundamental errors though.

I really hope he turns out to be as good as a young geelong recruit that was maligned by their supporters week after week in his early years.... That was a young Scarlett who became an all austalian defender and a champion full back.
I really hope he can be that good..... But he got a long way to go.  :pray

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2011, 08:27:29 AM »

look like I said I've always liked him but it was his fundamental basic errors. His spoil late in the game was fantastic. But he did cost us 3 goals from very basic fundamental errors though.

I really hope he turns out to be as good as a young geelong recruit that was maligned by their supporters week after week in his early years.... That was a young Scarlett who became an all austalian defender and a champion full back.
I really hope he can be that good..... But he got a long way to go.  :pray
He is not a scarlett type and will never be. His development thus far reminds me of Ben Reid from collingwood.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2011, 08:42:52 AM »
According to the media this week, sounds as if Hardwick really wants to win this one.
I'm not going in confident at all and we will probably lose.

It would be fantastic if we played like tigers of old and absolutely smashed them. But I'd also take a 1 point win. I'm not fussy.
The boys should just back themselves in and have a crack, fight and fight to win and make a statement to all......

THE TIGER IS STIRRING!!!!!!

Eat 'em Alive!   :gotigers 

and they did.  :gotigers