Author Topic: 9th...NO WAY  (Read 18427 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: 9th...NO WAY
« Reply #120 on: June 10, 2011, 04:07:02 AM »
Sportsbet is at it again ....

... sportsbet.com.au is offering $7 about 10-placed Richmond finishing ninth. Since the inclusion of the final eight in 1994, the Tigers have finished ninth on six occasions (2008, 2006, 2000, 1998, 1996, and 1994).

After 2008, then Richmond coach Terry Wallace declared it a ''good ninth''. As it turned out, it was a bad ninth and his time at the club ended the following year.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/its-elementary-my-dear-lyon-20110609-1fuz1.html#ixzz1OnsEPB4P

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #121 on: June 10, 2011, 08:43:45 PM »
 :lol

so to those who will absolutely spew if we finish 9th, ask yourself how much you would pay for it not to happen?

Now take that amount of money and bet at 7-1 to finish 9th.

If we don't finish 9th you win

If we do you still win.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #122 on: June 12, 2011, 06:35:48 PM »
Still reckon we are one, well maybe two decent drafts away from getting good compared to average players. After the Swans performance........we really need to finish between 13-16th IMO. We have really deluded ourselves, yes we have improved but clearly not that much.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #123 on: June 12, 2011, 08:14:10 PM »
We have improved in some respects as we can see we have a young core of half-a-dozen or so to build around but we are still a bottom 4 side in terms of quality which we already knew even if the ladder so far this year doesn't show it. We've played to our maximum for most of the season so far with a decent run with injuries while other sides expected to do better have struggled and are below us on the ladder. It's hard to see us now finishing any lower than 12th now. Brisbane and Gold Coast are clearly bottom 2. Port will most likely finish bottom 4 as well. Crows and Dogs will play youth now (tank). So that's the bottom 5. At "best" will be 6th bottom with North jumping ahead of us. The only way I see us finishing lower is if one of those sides gets on a mini-run-on like we did in the second half last year and gain a few cheap meaningless wins against other bottom sides to jump ahead of us. 12th place will leave us with pick 14 at best and just two picks inside the top 50 of the draft which isn't ideal where our list is at  :-\. We haven't been smart as a club (hello Craig Cameron) using the draft system to our maximum advantage to add more and more class to our list. We have gained half-a-dozen top players at the top end of the draft being a crap side but missed out on priority picks to gain more freebie high picks along the way in recent years. Effort alone won't make up for a lack of class and polish. We still need way more class and polish as well as address our structural issues (rucks and tall backs).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #124 on: June 18, 2011, 11:10:02 PM »
Back to ninth with a bullent lol and only % behind the free-falling Bombers.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #125 on: June 25, 2011, 03:36:37 PM »
Well now it should show many people that we are far away....very far from mixing it up consistently with the top.

We must finish lower than 9th to get better picks....believe it or not.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #126 on: June 25, 2011, 04:58:17 PM »
I believe we will finish around 11-12th probably 12th with melbourne, st kilda and nth in front of us
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #127 on: June 26, 2011, 12:48:38 AM »
After next week we'll most likely be 2 wins and % outside the Eight so 9th is probably the highest we can finish  :P. On the other hand North, Bulldogs and maybe even the Saints with their easier draw can/could still easily finish above us. So 13th is probably the lowest we can finish (pick 12). A bottom 5 finish would be a truer reflection of where our list is at. We'll most likely finish with 7-8 wins IMO.

Carl - loss
Ess - 50/50
GC - probable win
Geel - loss
BYE
Eagles - loss
Swans - 50/50
Melb - loss
Adel - 50/50
North - 50/50

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #128 on: June 26, 2011, 01:20:30 AM »
Carl - Loss
Ess - Win
GC - Win
Geel - Loss
BYE
Eagles - Loss
Swans - Loss
Melb - Loss
Adel - 50/50
North - 50/50

I'll say we'll beat Essendon, I think Hird will hit alarm bells and tank the be-Geez out of the list and make sure they get lowest draft pick as possible.

We'll win 1 of our last 2 games I feel. I think the Adelaide one will be a good win on the road and will lose to North.

So 3 wins. MT for mine.

Go Tigers!

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #129 on: June 26, 2011, 01:52:11 AM »
After next week we'll most likely be 2 wins and % outside the Eight so 9th is probably the highest we can finish  :P. On the other hand North, Bulldogs and maybe even the Saints with their easier draw can/could still easily finish above us. So 13th is probably the lowest we can finish (pick 12). A bottom 5 finish would be a truer reflection of where our list is at. We'll most likely finish with 7-8 wins IMO.

Carl - loss
Ess - 50/50
GC - probable win
Geel - loss
BYE
Eagles - loss
Swans - 50/50
Melb - loss
Adel - 50/50
North - 50/50

Depends what GC turn up but I would be swapping the Ess 50/50 to the probable win and marking GC down as 50/50.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #130 on: July 02, 2011, 02:00:32 AM »
Unless we cause a massive upset today, we could be 13th by the end of the round if the Saints knock off North yet still only a game outside the top 8.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #131 on: July 02, 2011, 02:14:41 AM »
Unless we cause a massive upset today, we could be 13th by the end of the round if the Saints knock off North yet still only a game outside the top 8.

Ok, so we will be 13th then!! Not really fussed about the 8 this year now. Next year is the year we must and should be IN the 8...... No excuses.

"Rucks:

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #132 on: July 02, 2011, 02:30:49 AM »

Ok, so we will be 13th then!! Not really fussed about the 8 this year now. Next year is the year we must and should be IN the 8...... No excuses.
13th on the ladder would give us pick 12 in the draft. I bet Dimma would love another Rioli to be available at that pick.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #133 on: July 02, 2011, 02:34:04 AM »

13th on the ladder would give us pick 12 in the draft. I bet Dimma would love another Rioli to be available at that pick.

Wouldn't that be great MT, that would be the difference next year wouldn't it.

"Rucks:

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #134 on: July 02, 2011, 02:42:33 AM »

Wouldn't that be great MT, that would be the difference next year wouldn't it.
Yep the more potential A-graders the better  :pray given shallowness in quality and class on our list after the first half-dozen or so Tigers. Better to finish lower and build a list looking at 2013-14 that will be up staying near the top for 4-5 years in a row rather than overachieving and pinching a finals spot now and stalling the rebuild thanks to no early picks.