Author Topic: Any Father sons to look out for?  (Read 200870 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Any Father sons to look out for?
« Reply #315 on: July 08, 2017, 12:50:19 PM »
Ali Fahour.

Does Houli have a son?

Caracella and Balmey.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #316 on: July 08, 2017, 02:39:27 PM »
At no stage we can afford to give up either of our 2 first rounders for this kid. We simply don't need the type of player he is that much unless it's for a bit of a gift, which is what the father and son pick should be IMO.

I liked Chris Naish as much as the next tiger supporter but I like the RFC more and if that means we miss out on him so be it.
We need KKP more than HBF'ers

What if Geelong win the flag, pushes that first rounder out to about 22/23. Would you take a potential top 10 pick for 22?
No. We don't need FBF'ers as I've said.
Just my opinion.

Plays hbf, wing, hff. Proven goal kicker. Proven defensively.

A 10-15 ranked pick we can snare for one of our picks which will probably be later.

Let free agency and the other pick address our second tall fwd option.
He hasn't proven poo yet.
He wasn't ranked this high until the Champs, all of a sudden he is a first round pick?? I'm
sure if he wasn't the son of an ex player you wouldn't want us to draft him at pick 15 odd.
I wouldn't use a first round pick ever on a HBF, wingman or HFF.
Draft genuine mids or KPP and the wingman, HBF and HFF will take care of themselves.

Hes proven enough to be rated where he is. And i think we need damaging outside players with straight line penetration - run and carry with long kicking. We dont have enough of em.

Weve had a pretty good run with injuries but look at blokes like Hunt and Lloyd getting games. Naish could play either role and be more accountable.

To load up on talls with both of our first two picks and free agency would be foolish when theres only 1 spot available.

By all means grab a couple but Naish will be a very good player and fit well into outmr side.
Pretty sure we have more flankers and wingman than KPP.
What if one of our keys went down?

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #317 on: July 08, 2017, 02:42:33 PM »
At no stage we can afford to give up either of our 2 first rounders for this kid. We simply don't need the type of player he is that much unless it's for a bit of a gift, which is what the father and son pick should be IMO.

I liked Chris Naish as much as the next tiger supporter but I like the RFC more and if that means we miss out on him so be it.
We need KKP more than HBF'ers

What if Geelong win the flag, pushes that first rounder out to about 22/23. Would you take a potential top 10 pick for 22?
No. We don't need FBF'ers as I've said.
Just my opinion.

Plays hbf, wing, hff. Proven goal kicker. Proven defensively.

A 10-15 ranked pick we can snare for one of our picks which will probably be later.

Let free agency and the other pick address our second tall fwd option.
He hasn't proven poo yet.
He wasn't ranked this high until the Champs, all of a sudden he is a first round pick?? I'm
sure if he wasn't the son of an ex player you wouldn't want us to draft him at pick 15 odd.
I wouldn't use a first round pick ever on a HBF, wingman or HFF.
Draft genuine mids or KPP and the wingman, HBF and HFF will take care of themselves.

Hes proven enough to be rated where he is. And i think we need damaging outside players with straight line penetration - run and carry with long kicking. We dont have enough of em.

Weve had a pretty good run with injuries but look at blokes like Hunt and Lloyd getting games. Naish could play either role and be more accountable.

To load up on talls with both of our first two picks and free agency would be foolish when theres only 1 spot available.

By all means grab a couple but Naish will be a very good player and fit well into outmr side.
Pretty sure we have more flankers and wingman than KPP.
What if one of our keys went down?

Thats where we pick up a free agency tall and a first rounder tall. And if necessary another later in the draft. Which is probably what will happen. Plus you have Chol Garthwaite and Broad who would have had 3, 2 and 3 years in the system by then. Plus Callum Moore.

We dont have enough damaging flankers and wingmen who can run and carry. Getting a guy like Naish at around pick 20 is a steal. Will walk into the side round 1.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Father-son hot form could force Tigers to pay high price (afl site)
« Reply #318 on: July 11, 2017, 02:22:19 PM »
Father-son hot form could force Tigers to pay high price

afl.com.au
11 July 2017

PATRICK Naish's impressive season sees him likely to become Richmond's first father-son pick since 2003, but the classy midfielder's form has also created an interesting situation for the Tigers.

Richmond has a strong hand at this year's draft, holding two first-round selections – its own (currently pick No.13) and Geelong's first-round pick (currently No.16) which was on-traded to the Tigers last year from GWS to secure Brett Deledio.

Should the Tigers hold on to their two first-round picks during the trade period, they will be desperate for a bid to come on Naish after they have already used their early selections on other players. 

But the 18-year-old's excellent season – he was last week named in the NAB AFL Under-18 All Australian team – has seen him rise into top-10 contention for some clubs.

If, for instance, a bid for Naish came at pick eight (worth 1551 points under the AFL's draft value index) at November's draft in Sydney, the Tigers would need to match the bid with 1241 points after their 20 per cent discount.

They could do that with their next pick (No.13 is worth 1212 points) which wouldn't impact the place of their next pick (No.16 is worth 1067 points).

However, if a bid was to come earlier than No.8 and the Tigers' first pick didn't have enough points value, their second first-round pick would get pushed back to make up the difference.

Under the live father-son and academy bidding system, if the Tigers used their two first-round picks before matching another first-round bid on Naish, their first-round pick for next year would be pushed back equal to the points they owed to bring him in.

The Tigers don't have a second-round draft selection at this stage having traded it last year, but that won't restrict their ability to nab Naish.

Naish is the son of former Tigers forward Chris, who played 143 games for the club between 1990-97 and kicked 212 goals.

The Northern Knights prospect averaged 21 disposals across the carnival, including a stellar finish to the championships against the Allies last Wednesday at Simonds Stadium, when he gathered 26 disposals.

He has spent plenty of time at the club in recent years as part of its father-son program, with recruiting manager Matt Clarke telling the Road to the Draft podcast earlier year the club wasn't too fussed about how high his form might have pushed him.

"We probably don't look at [where he sits in the order] too much at the moment, that's for sure," Clarke told AFL.com.au in May.

"We're probably just tracking all the areas of his game that he needed to improve on. Others may be able to give you a bit more of an insight into where he sits, we're just more concerned about the small things in his game he needed to work on and if he's ticking those boxes.

"He tends to be doing that at the moment."

The Tigers haven't had a father-son pick since they took Tom Roach, the son of former champion Michael, in 2003. Their most successful father-son has been Tigers legend Matthew Richardson, while former defender Joel Bowden also joined as a father-son in the 1990s.

AFL DRAFT VALUE INDEX
ROUND ONE      ROUND TWO    ROUND THREE    ROUND FOUR    ROUND FIVE
Pick/Points    Pick/Points    Pick/Points    Pick/Points    Pick/Points
1. 3000    19. 948    37. 483    55. 207    73. 9
2. 2517    20. 912    38. 465    56. 194    74. -
3. 2234    21. 878    39. 446    57. 182    
4. 2034    22. 845    40. 429    58. 170    
5. 1878    23. 815    41. 412    59. 158    
6. 1751    24. 785    42. 395    60. 146    
7. 1644    25. 756    43. 378    61. 135    
8. 1551    26. 729    44. 362    62. 123    
9. 1469    27. 703    45. 347    63. 112    
10. 1395    28. 677    46. 331    64. 101    
11. 1329    29. 653    47. 316    65. 90    
12. 1268    30. 629    48. 302    66. 80    
13. 1212    31. 606    49. 287    67. 69    
14. 1161    32. 584    50. 273    68. 59    
15. 1112    33. 563    51. 259    69. 49    
16. 1067    34. 542    52. 246    70. 39    
17. 1025    35. 522    53. 233    71. 29    
18. 985    36. 502    54. 220    72. 19    

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-07-11/fatherson-patrick-naishs-hot-form-could-force-tigers-to-pay-high-price

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Father-son hot form could force Tigers to pay high price (afl site)
« Reply #319 on: July 12, 2017, 03:54:06 PM »
However, if a bid was to come earlier than No.8 and the Tigers' first pick didn't have enough points value, their second first-round pick would get pushed back to make up the difference.

Really? I though we could use our second pick plus (for example) our 3rd to make up the points.

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #320 on: July 12, 2017, 06:10:51 PM »

Really? I though we could use our second pick plus (for example) our 3rd to make up the points.

No need to use next pick now for points value, subject to 20% discount

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #321 on: July 12, 2017, 06:27:55 PM »
Keep in mind we traded our 2nd round pick last year as part of the Prestia trade.

I doubt he will go earlier than pick 8. I'd call the bluff and let him go at this stage.

tony_montana

« Reply #322 on: July 12, 2017, 08:48:34 PM »
Keep in mind we traded our 2nd round pick last year as part of the Prestia trade.

I doubt he will go earlier than pick 8. I'd call the bluff and let him go at this stage.

absolutely

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #323 on: July 12, 2017, 11:36:58 PM »

No need to use next pick now for points value, subject to 20% discount

I realised I quoted the wrong bit :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #324 on: July 13, 2017, 09:22:35 PM »
#5 Patrick Naish's edits from the Round 5 Under 18's championship game against the Allies.

VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Jlb5buLFYY

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #325 on: July 13, 2017, 09:59:44 PM »
Hit 2 targets by foot in the whole package, is looking more like a third round pick at the moment.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #326 on: July 13, 2017, 11:18:07 PM »
Hit 2 targets by foot in the whole package, is looking more like a third round pick at the moment.
Yep. I counted 2. Looks like another Hunt type.
The club that keeps giving.

tony_montana

« Reply #327 on: July 14, 2017, 12:19:05 PM »
Hes certainly no Grigg, his kicks have penetration and length - more a tivendale  ;D

The mechanics are good, in the right environment his kicking 'should' be a weapon

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #328 on: July 14, 2017, 01:45:22 PM »
Hes certainly no Grigg, his kicks have penetration and length - more a tivendale  ;D

The mechanics are good, in the right environment his kicking 'should' be a weapon

Tivendale  :facepalm
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #329 on: July 15, 2017, 09:41:42 AM »
Yep. I counted 2. Looks like another Hunt type.

Yep, of course he looks like Hunt Greg Miller. I'd make that assessment from a highlights package too.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.