Author Topic: Any Father sons to look out for?  (Read 200769 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Any Father sons to look out for?
« Reply #330 on: July 15, 2017, 10:44:31 AM »
Well you'd hope in a highlights package, they'd be able to pick out more than just two good kicks....I've seen better highlights from kids who turned out to be complete duds.

Having said that I've also seen three full matches of him and whilst he's not quite as bad as Hunt at this stage I wouldn't give up any more than a third rounder ...only thing I'll say in his defence is that there weren't that many others who really stood out and looked like first round material either and it does appear to be a below average year for talent.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 12:55:31 PM by Diocletian »
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #331 on: July 15, 2017, 12:45:38 PM »
Hit 2 targets by foot in the whole package, is looking more like a third round pick at the moment.
Yep. I counted 2. Looks like another Hunt type.

Yep, of course he looks like Hunt Greg Miller. I'd make that assessment from a highlights package too.
You complaining?  That's how our trusty recruiting manager ol' "Betamax" Jackson has been doin' it since JON.  :rollin :lol
But our club rewards incompetence and mediocrity. And let's not ever criticise the club!   :shh
The club that keeps giving.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #332 on: July 15, 2017, 05:46:13 PM »
The kid can play which is confirmed by full time under 18 experts - Twomey and Ablett. So get around him :gotigers

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #333 on: July 15, 2017, 06:11:03 PM »
The kid can play which is confirmed by anti-Richmond flogs trolling us in the hope we'll pay overs and squander yet another first round pick on a soft & mediocre skinny flanker. :gotigers

e.f.a

- Gustav Mahler

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #334 on: July 15, 2017, 08:21:48 PM »
We are so short on KPP's that our first 2 picks need to be used on those needs. If we can get him later on in the draft all good and well.
We can go a long way in fixing our KPP needs this off season if we are smart. A couple of FA and draft smart and we get back in the game.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Clubs circling Richmond father-son prospect Patrick Naish (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #335 on: July 19, 2017, 01:35:29 PM »
Clubs circling Richmond father-son prospect Patrick Naish

Herald Sun
July 18, 2017

RICHMOND looks set to pay a high price for potential father-son pick Patrick Naish as clubs circle for the gun son of former goal machine Chris.

Sam Landsberger revealed on the SuperFooty Podcast that “there are clubs in the lower regions of the ladder which really, really like Naish” and that could force the Tigers to give up more than just a first-round pick.

“They’ve got their first father-son since Tommy Roach about 15 years ago,” Landsberger said.

The Tigers will have two first round picks, their own and another from Geelong, thanks to the trade that sent Brett Deledio to GWS.

“I think it’s a good thing they’ve got two, because not only will Naish cost them one, I think he might bump back their second first-round pick, because they’re going to have to pay a really high price,” he said.

Landsberger said other clubs love Naish’s ball use.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/superfooty-podcast-clubs-circling-richmond-fatherson-prospect-patrick-naish/news-story/1748758a13b6ee5884af664f21506e7f

tony_montana

« Reply #336 on: July 19, 2017, 01:37:58 PM »
stuff off Sam, if any club wants to use a top 5 or top 10 pick for Naish they can have him, laughable that we'd use both

what a stirring fwit

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #337 on: July 19, 2017, 11:33:33 PM »
Interesting that Brett Anderson said on SEN today that someone would have to bid for him in the top 10 to force us to give up a first round pick and he doubted very highly that any one would.
Brett has him rated somewhere between 17 and 25 with his biggest deficiency being his decision making.
He said as long as he wasn't nominated within the top ten we could make up the points outside of using our first round picks and even go into points deficit next season if we had to.
I'll see if I can find a link to the conversation but he was on air with Francis Leach just after one o'clock.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #338 on: July 20, 2017, 12:01:26 AM »
...or we could just pass on him altogether..... :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #339 on: July 20, 2017, 12:07:20 AM »
Fits in well decsion making  lol.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #340 on: July 20, 2017, 01:00:31 AM »
Interesting that Brett Anderson said on SEN today that someone would have to bid for him in the top 10 to force us to give up a first round pick and he doubted very highly that any one would.
Brett has him rated somewhere between 17 and 25 with his biggest deficiency being his decision making.
He said as long as he wasn't nominated within the top ten we could make up the points outside of using our first round picks and even go into points deficit next season if we had to.
I'll see if I can find a link to the conversation but he was on air with Francis Leach just after one o'clock.

I'd take him with the combination 3rd and 4th round picks for sure.

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #341 on: July 20, 2017, 07:34:36 AM »

we have to use our next pick so BA is incorrect

tony_montana

« Reply #342 on: July 20, 2017, 09:23:23 AM »

nah its points accumulation now

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #343 on: July 20, 2017, 11:53:51 AM »

nah its points accumulation now

points accumulation after using the next pick though I believe

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #344 on: July 20, 2017, 12:53:50 PM »
https://www.sen.com.au/programs/sen-afternoons/

I found the link, the Naish talk starts at 16.15.
Click on the link and scroll down the list to "Brett Anderson on Afternoons"

After listeneing to it again Brett said if I bid comes in before our first pick we have to use our first pick regardless.
What I heard yesterday was him saying ideally no one bids on him before us and we can then make up the pints through later draft picks ect.
Apologies for the confusion.