Author Topic: Any Father sons to look out for?  (Read 200692 times)

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
Re: Any Father sons to look out for?
« Reply #570 on: October 16, 2023, 09:48:37 PM »
Lol

“Scoop”

Just like the time you weren’t going to meet at Port Adelaide ?

And then magically lobbed there to meet Hinkley and the crew

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #571 on: October 16, 2023, 10:30:31 PM »
Who knew of the meeting first?  :shh

Jack flash would do well not to question me again, I know his movements...and they are always slow... :shh :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #572 on: November 03, 2023, 01:09:19 PM »
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 07:14:30 PM by one-eyed »

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #573 on: November 03, 2023, 01:19:34 PM »
Either hasn't got the heart for it or RFC has told him they'll take him as a rookie.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #574 on: November 16, 2023, 07:14:18 PM »
Four players have been nominated under father-son rules. Three - Calsher Dear and Will McCabe at Hawks and Jordan Croft at Dogs - are national nominations. Kynan Brown has been nominated but can't be matched - meaning Demons can automatically list as a rookie if he gets through.

https://twitter.com/CalTwomey/status/1724940265318957283

Confirmation of no Charlie Naish.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #575 on: November 17, 2023, 10:56:18 PM »
Paul broderick’s son Harry re-signs for 2024? Any OERites have any insights whether he could make the jump from vfl to afl?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #576 on: November 18, 2023, 07:22:54 PM »
Paul broderick’s son Harry re-signs for 2024? Any OERites have any insights whether he could make the jump from vfl to afl?
The junior Broderick is 18 going on 19 (in Dec), so there's still time for extra development as a footballer. He's a small half-forward (178cm, 76kg). At that size, unless he has exceptional pace as well as footy smarts, then he won't have a chance of reaching AFL level. He played 4 games for our VFL side this year averaging 8 disposals, 2 marks, 1 tackle & no goals. We would need to see some significant growth in his game at VFL level next season before knowing if he has what it takes to step up to AFL level.   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #577 on: November 18, 2023, 11:15:17 PM »
Man we really lost out on the father son lottery. Like I guess there’s more to life than football and following in your dad’s footsteps but I can’t believe non of the stars we had in the 80s/90s

Like there’s zac knights, andrew Raines, Tom roach who none became elite. Maybe Joel bowden’s son might become something ? And of course it’s not too late for mrj to find his feet at afl level

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #578 on: November 19, 2023, 12:51:35 AM »
The Kellaway boys are apparently one's to watch....which mean they'll probably drift into obscurity come their draft year like Charlie "star of the family" Naish has...but hey at at least we have KB's two gun grandsons coming through.....oh wait..... :banghead
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #579 on: November 19, 2023, 02:16:26 AM »
The Kellaway boys are apparently one's to watch....which mean they'll probably drift into obscurity come their draft year like Charlie "star of the family" Naish has...but hey at at least we have KB's two gun grandsons coming through.....oh wait..... :banghead
Andrew's twin boys. Hopefully they haven't got their uncle Duncan's kicking technique  :help.

ps. They could also follow their cousin Campbell (son of the third brother Lachlan) into state cricket.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #580 on: November 19, 2023, 12:56:05 PM »
We should seriously think about deleting this thread  :whistle
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #581 on: November 19, 2023, 10:34:31 PM »
If the kellaway boys are good expect the afl to announce no discounts on F/S and if they are rated first round and you don’t have a first round you have to pay 50% extra tax or something like that

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #582 on: November 20, 2023, 08:30:08 AM »
If the kellaway boys are good expect the afl to announce no discounts on F/S and if they are rated first round and you don’t have a first round you have to pay 50% extra tax or something like that

They will just suspend it for 1 year as part of some BS equalisation rule then reinstate it the following year with more income tax on the top 4 earning sides to support the rest.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #583 on: November 26, 2023, 01:23:49 AM »
12. LOUIS KELLAWAY
(Sturt)
Midfielder/forward, 16, 182cm, 66kg
Son of former Richmond star and Crows physio Duncan Kellaway, Louis isn’t particularly quick but he’s a smart footballer who sees the game well and makes very good decisions with ball in hand. Plays with composure and is a fine link player. Showed he could hit the scoreboard with two goals from his 26 disposals in a standout performance against the Eagles in Round 16, where he also had six clearances and laid six tackles, illustrating his strong all-round game.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl-draft-2025-20-sanfl-juniors-who-are-on-the-recruiting-radar/news-story/Face1b40172f461810b2523c7aebea767

Eligible for the 2025 draft.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #584 on: November 29, 2023, 10:38:18 PM »
So apparently they interviewed Greg Swan on SEN today and he said Geelong have no less then 25 father/son prospects coming through over the next 5 years......25....get stuffed...... >:(
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.