Author Topic: Tigers vs Port game thread  (Read 29278 times)

Dubstep Dookie

Re: Tigers vs Port game thread
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2011, 09:51:09 PM »
I wonder what tipped him over the edge?

Maybe he got sick n tired of watching the communal bat smoking sessions...

gerkin greg

« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2011, 11:04:55 PM »
what the stuff are you kid flickers on about? has there been a breakout from castlemaine prison? lmao

The Big Chad  :cheers

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2011, 11:16:14 PM »
Cornesy isn't even playing and by eff do I have something to show you LMFAO. PM on its way

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2011, 11:43:02 AM »
Looking forward to this contest. Port are down and out and we are full of confidence plus heavy favourites - exactly the sort of game we have tradtionally dropped in recent years. How we perform in the heat and ground size of Darwin will give us all a better picture of how much we have progressed.

The biggests difference for mine this year is the players understanding of their roles in the team and the game plan for the side. Makes such a huge difference for individual confidence when you know what to do at any given stage. The next largest factor imho is the additional development the club has injected into the young players to lift each players performance. Lastly the third factor would be the depth we now seem to have in the center much of which I credit the recruitment of Houli and Grigg for but also the inclusion of Foley, fitness of Cotchin and natural development of Dusty.

Post seem to want to make the game a tight knit affair with plenty of tackling, stoppages and accountable footy. I don't think we will mind this as we tend to run teams off their legs in the latter portions of games once they are tied from trying to execute the zone and this type of taxing strategy against us. Once again, it all comes down to the midfield battle. I just hope we can finally win some contested possession for once this year.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2011, 11:48:15 AM »
If we come out hard and smash them in contests early I think they'll lose confidence really quickly.

We can't let Motlop, Gray or Ebert get off the leash and kick a bag.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Deledio looking forward to Darwin trip (NT News)
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2011, 12:44:19 PM »
Deledio looking forward to Darwin trip
Grey Morris
NT News
May 26th, 2011

AFL club Richmond is back in the Top End for the first time in 12 years and Tiger utility Brett Deledio could not be happier.

Richmond's round 10 clash with Port Adelaide at TIO Stadium on Saturday night comes on the back of an upset 16-point win over Essendon in the Dreamtime Game at the MCG.

Deledio, the No. 1 pick in the 2004 national draft, knows a win and the four premiership points that come with it will help his Tigers to pounce into the top eight.

"Absolutely, it's what we're after," Richmond's two-time best and fairest said. "But no team in the AFL are easybeats, so we're going to have our work cut out for us.

"We're confident with our structures and whatever else, which makes for a good game in the heat up there, which will be a little bit different.

Deledio is yet to kick a football in anger anywhere in the NT after missing Richmond's pre-season game against the Power in Alice Springs earlier this year.

"It will be a new experience for a lot of us and we're looking forward to it, knowing Port is just as keen to win" he added.

"They'll be out to prove a point after playing up there a few times, particularly when they played a pretty good brand of footy against us in round 22 last year."

Deledio has promised a strong and hungry Tiger outfit, complete with big names Jack Riewoldt, skipper Chris Newman, speedster Robin Nahas and rising stars Dustin Martin and Reece Conca.

"Everyone will be playing, you can't afford to rest blokes in any game," Deledio said.

"So everyone who is fit will be playing, which means only Dylan Grimes will miss with a hamstring."

Richmond will be regular visitors to the Top End for premiership matches in the the next few years, continuing a three-way "home" team rotation with Melbourne and the Bulldogs.

http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2011/05/26/235621_ntsport.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2011, 02:04:54 PM »
The forecast for Darwin on Saturday is for 30 degrees and 55 per cent relative humidity.

Salopek, Surjan and Ebert won't be playing for Port.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/114793/default.aspx

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2011, 02:16:27 PM »
The forecast for Darwin on Saturday is for 30 degrees and 55 per cent relative humidity.

Salopek, Surjan and Ebert won't be playing for Port.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/114793/default.aspx

It's a magnificent day up here today.  Sunny, cool breeze, no heat in the day at all, and last night was quite cool (slept under a doona).  I don't think it will be anywhere near as hot and draining as the players appear to be getting themselves primed for, especially as its a night game.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2011, 06:09:47 PM »
Cheers smokey. Every time i read about the heat i kept thinking that, but thought perhaps it was just relative.

By the starting time for the game  the temp will be down to 20-25% and you can feel a definite chill in the air. (must be all those long Melboune winters, but i still sleep better under a doona.

From experience, once the sun gets low on the horizon playing footy is a lot more comfortable. You can feel the difference as it happens.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Ox

« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2011, 06:15:15 PM »
fox?

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2011, 06:50:18 PM »
Concerned about Gray and Brogan. At least Chad Cornes is not playing

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2011, 07:44:33 PM »
fox?

If you mean TV coverage

Then yep it's one Foxtel
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2011, 09:18:11 PM »
Reckon we needed to play another tall. Wouldn't surprise me if Dan Stewart is a late inclusion, would stretch our backline.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2011, 09:58:59 PM »
Sportal tipping us by 21 points...

Preview: Richmond v Port Adelaide
25/05/2011 11:06 PM
Gregor Mactaggart
Sportal

Darwin's weather is perfect from a lifestyle perspective at this time of the year – expect conditions to be around 24C when the ball is bounced. The Tigers will arrive in the NT capital at Friday lunchtime, not a whole lot of time to acclimatise, whereas regular visitors Port headed up on Thursday.

Having made huge strides so far this season, Richmond can't really afford to drop this one against a Power side certainly lacking confidence generated by five successive losses.

Does history play a factor? Port Adelaide has won 13 of the 19 lifetime clashes between these two clubs, including four of the past six.

Richmond will do enough to get the cash, but only after a fright from the Schulz-inspired Port Adelaide line-up .

Richmond by 21 points.

Full article at:
http://www.sportal.com.au/afl-news-display/preview-richmond-v-port-adelaide-123868