Author Topic: Deledio vs Roughead - who have performed better over their careers so far?  (Read 4414 times)

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
was beck still there in 04 im not sure he was. without a doubt the man responsible for recruiting at that time was miller.

Looks like he was but as you say, who was responsible for the final decisions is open to conjecture:

The Craziness Of The 2004 AFL Draft - Richmond
1 Brett Deledio

4 Richard Tambling

12 Danny Meyer

16 Adam Pattison

20 Dean Polo

36 Luke McGuane

52 Dean Limbach

65 Mark Graham

72 Pass

From The Age: Who your team picked
THE CLUB SAYS "We went in aiming to get a variety of players

http://www.aflinsider.net/the-craziness-of-the-2004-afl-draft-richmond/
Well we did get a variety of players....unfortunately they were all ****ing s.hithouse  ;D   
we got Lids out of it though hey  :thumbsup
Pass has been serviceable too

Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
This thread is depressing me.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
What's happened to Danny Meyer at Port?

Seem to recall many thinking he had talent to burn.

lol :lol

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Probably because I never am wrong

Telling the story differently 4 (now 7) years on does not change the truth of what happened on the day
You're the one that said that Hawthorn knew that Franklin would be a superstar when the link you provided explains exactly why he slipped

As for calling the brainstrust stupid, well in 2004 the only recruiter we had was Greg Beck who had been sacked so there wasn't exactly ANY brainstrust to blame. Still don't know why the Bulldogs don't cop more flack for passing on Buddy, they probably would have two premierships by now if they'd taken him.

I reckon you just like sticking the boot into the club.
ok Fonzie. Dermie, Buckenara, and the entire Hawthorn football club  were wrong when they said right after the draft one thing but revealed their actual plan years later.  And I was wrong for giving you facts from an article written by Dermott Brereton himself.
As for sticking the boot in. Well like you I've invested alot of Time, emotion and money into supporting this great club and I can praise them and critisize them as I see fit. That's why were on here isn't it?  To offer opinion, to vent etc.
 :gotigers 
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
was beck still there in 04 im not sure he was. without a doubt the man responsible for recruiting at that time was miller.
Was still Beck, he was told towards the end of the year that he wouldn't be required next year, but he was still the head of recruiting at the draft and the one reading out the names on the day.
Due to lack of funds they hired Francis Jackson part time for 2005 while Miller did a lot of the leg work that Jackson couldn't do due to him coaching the Brighton Grammar football side on weekends. This details of this were told at the FTF gala speeches prior to the dinner.

ok Fonzie. Dermie, Buckenara, and the entire Hawthorn football club  were wrong when they said right after the draft one thing but revealed their actual plan years later.  And I was wrong for giving you facts from an article written by Dermott Brereton himself.
I still don't see the point, after you have the players you wanted why not announce that you went into the draft wanting to build the spine first. There is no reason for lying after the players names have been read out.

As for sticking the boot in. Well like you I've invested alot of Time, emotion and money into supporting this great club and I can praise them and critisize them as I see fit. That's why were on here isn't it?  To offer opinion, to vent etc.
That's all well and good, but I hardly see how that is any different to everyone on this forum. Bag the club when it is justified, however the selection of Tambling over Franklin was the right one at the time. If you want to stick the boot in, put all your efforts into the selection of JON. That selection can't be defended.

gerkin greg

Tom Williams was doing Angus Graham impersonations in the ruck on Saturday
Maybe he thinks Brad Ottens is really really really good looking  :lol
Williams was ok last year in a good side, still think he has questionable footskills and decision making, rugby background, poor man's LRT
GWS? His old man played for Parramatta

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Tom Williams dad played for Parramatta?
Tom is from England, he came to the country 18 months before he was drafted, so not sure how that could have happened

gerkin greg

Tom is from England, he came to the country 18 months before he was drafted, so not sure how that could have happened

well Fonzie, his dad Steve played for the Eels in the 70s, co-founded the Broncos as well
Tom played under 18 rep union for QLD as a teenager before taking up AFL, have never heard anything about England
his old man is a Queenslander through and through so not sure how that makes Tom a Pom, maybe his mum is from there

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Fonzie  :lol

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Sorry, confused him with Brad Moran

the claw

this

the claw

Sorry, confused him with Brad Moran
then this. im sorry but something is wrong here. ;D
sorry fonz er i mean infamy just having a bit of fun.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
this
I was being a touch facetious
Serves me right for going off memory and not double checking. To be fair they were both converts to AFL around 18 months prior to getting drafted, both in the same draft and both talls.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Deledio  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame

hahahahahahahaha Fonzi you been owned yet again
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.