Author Topic: 2011 Draft thread [merged]  (Read 41115 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: 2011 Draft thread
« Reply #90 on: October 25, 2011, 09:30:53 PM »
FFS not another bloody small, I couldnt give a crap how much potential he has.....NO MORE SMALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2011, 10:42:21 PM »
FFS not another bloody small, I couldnt give a crap how much potential he has.....NO MORE SMALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!

By 'small' i mean midfielder. Are you saying that you dont want any more mids drafted?
Or do you mean no more skinny/weak players? if so, then we are in agreement.

I just think we need a quality inside mid.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: October 25, 2011, 11:41:53 PM »

This one.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2011, 11:55:34 PM »

This one.

:thumbsup

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: October 26, 2011, 12:44:09 AM »

This one.

Kid is a little tank.

If he lasts we will be ecstatic IMO. We have actually delisted a few of our shorter guys this year and our problem hasn't been the fact we have short players its that we have had untalented short players.

dwaino

« Reply #95 on: October 26, 2011, 12:47:19 AM »

But I was sweating on an oompa loompa...

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: October 26, 2011, 01:27:19 AM »
Still reckon we need a decently built backman, Conca should get a crack in the midfield next year, that is what he was recruited for. Yes he is still young but he already has the smarts to play in the mid, just needs a bigger tank.

"Rucks:

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #97 on: October 26, 2011, 03:40:46 AM »
Conca should (should) be noticeably better this coming season purely on the grounds that he had stuff all of a preseason for the season past.

But I still reckon Batch will turn out to be a better player in the long run.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #98 on: October 26, 2011, 10:29:09 AM »
ClarkyHeraldSun Jay Clark twitter:

"How would this bloke Toby Greene go at Richmond @RalphyHeraldSun Or Tiges midfield complete now?"

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #99 on: October 26, 2011, 01:08:34 PM »

This one.

Kid is a little tank.

If he lasts we will be ecstatic IMO. We have actually delisted a few of our shorter guys this year and our problem hasn't been the fact we have short players its that we have had untalented short players.

Reminds me of a young Boomer Harvey. Question over his leg speed though....quick off the mark but top speed looks slow. Draft combine results look to support this.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #100 on: October 26, 2011, 03:23:08 PM »

This one.

Kid is a little tank.

Disagree in part. Yes we have many short players who are untalented  :P but overall we are too small over the whole ground. Line us up one-on-one against a Geelong, Carlton or Hawthorn and we are undersized. We need strong body mid who are mid-180cms. From memory in the AFL spiel about Taylor Adams they compare him to Jimmy Bartel. The problem is Bartel is 187cm tall compared to Adams who is only 179cm. As much as footy has evolved, finals are still won by being bigger, stronger and faster. Sides that have relied on simply a quick running game such as the Bulldogs have flopped in September. There's less time and space in finals so it's more contested footy. IIRC all but one final this year was one by the side that won the contested possessions.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #101 on: October 26, 2011, 08:07:28 PM »
For those interested the draft edition of Inside Football is out today.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #102 on: October 27, 2011, 01:14:52 AM »

Feedback if you can please OE.. cheers mate.

"Rucks:

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #103 on: October 27, 2011, 03:09:58 AM »

Inside Footy has a top 15 with us selecting Taylor Adams at #15 as posted within the last page or so. The rest is very much done in the style of previous years where they provide a brief spiel on about 100 kids with detail articles on some of the ones expected to go early in the draft. I'll use it as part of setting up a draft resource thread as I've done over the past couple of years.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #104 on: October 27, 2011, 04:50:03 AM »

Inside Footy has a top 15 with us selecting Taylor Adams at #15 as posted within the last page or so. The rest is very much done in the style of previous years where they provide a brief spiel on about 100 kids with detail articles on some of the ones expected to go early in the draft. I'll use it as part of setting up a draft resource thread as I've done over the past couple of years.

Good on you bud cheers.

"Rucks: