Author Topic: DIMMA WHAT'S THE GO?  (Read 10687 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: DIMMA WHAT'S THE GO?
« Reply #75 on: July 07, 2011, 12:07:56 AM »
LMAO @ Dooks coming in here thinking he owns this joint. Mate, you better earn your stripes before you start chirping to me pal. I've done things that you wouldn't even dream of doing.

Just settle down.

had username suggested that " your turn to go" was the comment he had not lived up to rather than "can't kick" he maybe would have a point. There are a few who have shirked the issue and I'm not going to name names but one player whose name rhymes with Shaun Grigg springs to mind.

Yep I think anyone who watches the Tiges closely saw that. Houli does it too often also but at least when he does it you can see he tries hard to make up for it in other ways.
 That was so disappointing to see Grigg play like that. Thought we'd got a steal there but not sure now. Needs a week off maybe ?

Your man Houli  :clapping Going well is the bloke.

Where is that thinking man's orange Tim Flemming?

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2011, 01:10:29 AM »
I nominate TBR as the bearded lady  :thumbsup

And JT (midget clown) can ride the Shetland Pony (GG)

It's true, I do enjoy 'wearing the beard'.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Ox

« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2011, 01:55:33 AM »
Fast Forward,2011 - I don't know any bearded ladies.

It's largely a Beef Curtain slaughterhouse,in todays day and age.

gerkin greg

« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2011, 10:08:30 AM »
whoa nelly

more like mutton chops

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #79 on: July 07, 2011, 12:45:41 PM »
I've done things that you wouldn't even dream of doing.

Does this have something to do with the pony and a rubber idiot?

You sir, are a living douche.  >:(

Offline J Buckthorn

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2011, 01:19:42 PM »
What is a 'idiot'?

gerkin greg

« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2011, 01:21:08 PM »
imagine a 3ft tall Andrew Browne

the claw

« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2011, 02:28:10 PM »
He has to cull at least 8-10 to be fair dinkum on the path of the rebuild.
These 100 point drubbings with no competitiveness better not happen next year.
He'll be under pressure next year in the last year of his contract. If we cop a hiding like that in July or August the media will be circling like sharks on a school of tuna.
sheesh what a lack of patience. there is every likelyhood more hidings like  the one just gone will happen.this yr and next.
and unless we trade for a shedload of experienced players we are likely to at best tread water next yr when we delist 10 more as we should. when are people ever going to realise we are in early rebuild and you dont turn things around in two or 3 yrs.
imo we are up for at least two more heavy culls likely 3. that is 8 plus players for the next 3 yrs that will be over half the list.
one other reason why we are likely to struggle again next yr is the simple fact its our older types, the ones who should be leading the way are the ones who need to go the most.
personally i dont think we are a chance of being a genuine top 8 for two yrs. it probably wont happen until enough of the kids become consistent up to standard afl players and that takes time and patience theres also no guarantee that the majority will do that.   it has been shown lots of times yhat very ordinary sides can scrape into the 8.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2011, 02:32:36 PM »
Agree with claw.

Getting some genuine talent at the pointy end but building depth takes time after the Wallet clean out.
The recruiters cannot be expected to make every post a winner in a short space of time, its simply unrealistic.

We're at least 2-3 years away yet before weaker links are weeded out and players in key posts mature sufficiently.
Too many fell for the early season media hype hence the amount of anger around. Patient is obviously very thin in most Tiger supporters these days.

Ox

« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2011, 02:40:47 PM »
ur right Clawman.

That's whats gonna happen...but we can still speak our stupid,erratic minds in moments of frustration.
On that they can depend ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2011, 04:26:46 PM »
sheesh what a lack of patience. there is every likelyhood more hidings like  the one just gone will happen.this yr and next.
and unless we trade for a shedload of experienced players we are likely to at best tread water next yr when we delist 10 more as we should. when are people ever going to realise we are in early rebuild and you dont turn things around in two or 3 yrs.
imo we are up for at least two more heavy culls likely 3. that is 8 plus players for the next 3 yrs that will be over half the list.
one other reason why we are likely to struggle again next yr is the simple fact its our older types, the ones who should be leading the way are the ones who need to go the most.
personally i dont think we are a chance of being a genuine top 8 for two yrs. it probably wont happen until enough of the kids become consistent up to standard afl players and that takes time and patience theres also no guarantee that the majority will do that.   it has been shown lots of times yhat very ordinary sides can scrape into the 8.
Yep as Magic said we are 2-3 years away at least until our list matures and that's based on our recruiting and development being spot on. The comp. right now has about 4 top sides when at full strength (Coll, Geel, Carl and Haw) then a big gap to a large chunk of mediorce sides made up of a mixture of up and coming young sides (Melb) and teams on the slide (St K). Then there's another gap to the bottom 5 sides. We are in reality in that last bottom group based on where our list is at. We can on our day pinch wins against the mediorce types but we'll always cop a flogging from the top sides. We still have a long long way to go as frustrating as it is especially after sitting through annihlations like last week  :scream.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: July 14, 2011, 10:35:29 PM »
"In the forward half I thought Ben Griffiths and Jayden Post showed some encouraging signs. It was only Ben's seventh AFL game, and Jayden's 18th.
We simply have to get as much experience into these players as possible for us to develop a team capable of achieving sustained success."

Then you drop Post and don't give me the "team balance" BS.

Dimma, what is the go.  :help
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #87 on: July 15, 2011, 07:07:45 AM »
What is a 'idiot'?

A penis. One definition I have heard is a penis that is wider than it is long. Keeping that definition in mind gives a lot of satisfaction when calling someone a idiot.  :thumbsup

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2011, 07:42:00 AM »
"In the forward half I thought Ben Griffiths and Jayden Post showed some encouraging signs. It was only Ben's seventh AFL game, and Jayden's 18th.
We simply have to get as much experience into these players as possible for us to develop a team capable of achieving sustained success."

Then you drop Post and don't give me the "team balance" BS.

Dimma, what is the go.  :help

By 'as possible' I can only assume he doesn't rate Post much.