Author Topic: Tigers vs Suns thread - Who's Going to Cairns??  (Read 27215 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers vs Suns thread - Who's Going to Cairns??
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2011, 10:50:32 PM »
where do they get 20 degrees from. I think they are confusing cairns with Sydney

Mid 20's onwards more like it

Im starting to become worried about this one. We drop this and Dimma will find out just what Richmond supporters are really like.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2011, 07:04:16 AM »
Michael and Fay go to all the games Shane plays at senior level...  :whistle

That's true but this was arranged (Tucky Snr going to Cairns) back around the Darwin game & Tucky Jnr was playing in the seniors then.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2011, 07:05:41 AM »
Im starting to become worried about this one. We drop this and Dimma will find out just what Richmond supporters are really like.

If he's been reading this forum or listening to the talkback wireless stations he'd already know  ;D ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2011, 07:31:30 AM »

If he's been reading this forum or listening to the talkback wireless stations he'd already know  ;D ;D

We should beat GC even in Cairns.
I don't know why people are expecting more from Dimma. His only been in the job for 2 years. Plus I think next year is the key year to see how our 2009 draft kids go. Besides for the obvious Martin. Im talking more for our later pick players. Like Webberley, Nason  and would say Taylor but we know how that has ended.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2011, 07:35:33 AM »
Who will they put on Jack?  Will laugh if its Karmichael Hunt.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2011, 07:56:58 AM »
where do they get 20 degrees from. I think they are confusing cairns with Sydney

that my first thought too but looking at the BOM site it's only getting into the low twenties

It's just as well not everyone realises this before they take the job on, or no potential coach would come within a mile of the club
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2011, 09:25:03 AM »

that my first thought too but looking at the BOM site it's only getting into the low twenties

It's just as well not everyone realises this before they take the job on, or no potential coach would come within a mile of the club
Not many coaches have coached Richmond and gone onto bigger and better things either!

gerkin greg

« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2011, 12:30:42 PM »
Tom Hafey is in a Jeep commercial

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Power loss spurs Tigers (RFC)
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2011, 12:48:59 PM »
Power loss spurs Tigers
By Adam McNicol
Thu 14 Jul, 2011

RICHMOND coach Damien Hardwick says the Tigers learned a number of lessons when they lost to Port Adelaide in Darwin earlier this season, and he is confident the same mistakes won't be repeated when they meet Gold Coast in Cairns on Saturday afternoon.

The Tigers were on the verge of breaking into the top eight when they travelled to the Northern Territory to play the Power back in May.

But they suffered an upset 15-point loss and have enjoyed just one win - over the Lions in Brisbane - in the weeks since.

"What we learned from Darwin was that the conditions, the humidity, were the things we didn't handle overly well with our use of ball," Hardwick said at the ME Bank Centre on Thursday morning.

"So we've put a few things in place to try and rectify that. We're going up a day earlier to help with our preparation and so we can train on the ground.

"We'll have a couple of training sessions up there, so that should do the job for us."

"It's a change of scenery and a change or temperature - I think it's 26 up there today.

"So it will be good to get out of the Melbourne cold for a couple of days and we're looking forward to an exciting challenge.

Like the match in Darwin, Saturday's clash in Cairns is also a Richmond home game that the club has sold for a sizeable return.

But unlike the contest with the Power, which was played at night, this one will take place in the afternoon because Cazaly's Stadium doesn't have AFL-standard lights.

It means the heat will be an even bigger factor.

"We'll pick the fittest team we can and hope to run out the game at full strength," Hardwick said.

With Gary Ablett a strong chance to shake off his knee injury and line up for the Suns, the Tigers know the AFL's bottom side won't be a pushover.

"They're a young football club, but they're certainly exciting to watch," Hardwick said.

"They're a side I enjoy to watch to see how the young talent of this country is going. It's still an enormous challenge for us."

Richmond is desperate for a good showing after suffering big losses to Essendon and Carlton in recent weeks.

The 39-point loss to the Bombers came after the Tigers had led by 23 points during the third quarter.

"We just couldn't get our hands on the ball in the last quarter," Hardwick explained.

"I think at one stage the possession-count was 32-2, and the game was done and dusted from there.

"We just have to make sure we get our hands on the ball and drive the ball forward.

"One of the key indicators in games at the moment is time spent in your forward half.

"One of the funny things is that we actually won that key indicators stat but a number of their goals came over the back because of our poor defensive set-up.

"So we learned a few things out of the weekend's game. As much as you can, you try and learn something from the bad results that you have."

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/118513/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2011, 12:50:30 PM »
For those living in or heading up to Cairns for the game....

OPEN TRAINING: The boys will be training at Cazaly's Stadium from 2.30pm tomorrow (Friday) in Cairns and will be signing autographs.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2011, 03:02:45 PM »
Sportal preview:

While both sides are experiencing moderate form, Richmond goes in as warm favourites by virtue of current ladder position and depth across the board.
This really looks the ideal game for the Tigers to find some much needed confidence after the poor losses to Carlton and Essendon in the past fortnight.
But Gold Coast will see it as a golden chance to end their eight match losing run and the Suns do boast a couple of hometown products in Jarrod Harbrow and Charlie Dixon.

Any hope the Suns have of notching win No.3 of the season rest on the knee of skipper Gary Ablett. If Ablett isn't fit, Gold Coast won't have enough to contain a Tigers line-up containing some match-winners in Dustin Martin, Jack Riewoldt and Trent Cotchin.

Richmond needs to take heed of the lessons learned by their Darwin disaster early in the season to handle what will be warm conditions in the Far North Queensland afternoon sun. As for a prediction, look for Riewoldt to exploit the Suns' inexperienced defence and kick eight in a convincing victory.

Tigers by 32 points.

Read more at: http://www.sportal.com.au/afl-news-display/preview-richmond-v-gold-coast-130089

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2011, 05:53:55 PM »
Gold Coast really believe that they can win this one, their desperate to get Ablett into the game. We are a side that they think they can take down because of mental and physical weaknesses. We are going to have to be right on the ball to win this one, lets hope the coaching staff have the side primed and ready for action. This is a must win game for us, no excuses.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2011, 05:58:08 PM »

What's that?

Patient, loyal, forgiving, willing to sit through 30 years of poo and still fork over their cash every year.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Roar preview: Round 17 (RFC)
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2011, 07:15:02 PM »
Richo and Leppitsch preview the Gold Coast match:

http://bigpondvideo.com/RichmondTV/371972/roar-preview-round-17/

Offline dizza

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2011, 07:52:28 PM »

What's that?

Patient, loyal, forgiving, willing to sit through 30 years of poo and still fork over their cash every year.

This is why it peees me off every time someone dares to call us "bandwagoners".
Push up!