Author Topic: Official Team for Round 17  (Read 4628 times)

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Official Team for Round 17
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2011, 07:27:23 AM »
Play players who are in form. It is critical to develop a culture in the club that you win your spot on merit and that if you play well in the reserves on a consistent basis you will be rewarded. Agree should have not dropped post. Agree should have brought in Tuck and Morton. Bringing Tuck into the side would not damage the young players' development. Remember winning breeds confidence if Tuck's inclusion means we win a few more games then let him play.

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2011, 07:29:08 AM »
Well it is looking like 2006 all over isn't it. Big defeats.poor efforts etc

lol. ...and your wonderfully uplifting posts.

Are you ADHD? You've got the least patience of anyone I've met.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2011, 07:51:09 AM »
...and on this forum that is saying something.
 :lol
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2011, 09:14:19 AM »

You posters love ignoring the facts.we have been terrible over the last 6 weeks

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2011, 09:15:00 AM »

Jack, wasn't this to be expected?

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2011, 09:18:57 AM »

I guess a bad run or two is to be expected but losses to the tune of 103 points and 39 points after conceding ten straight goals are probably less expected!

I believe we have improved but the level of improvement across the board, apart from a few clubs,  has been greater than ours!

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2011, 09:42:30 AM »
Except in 2006 the average playing age of the list was 30 and now its 22 years. You are comparing apples with oranges. Lets look at now compared to Round 1, 2010. We have come a long way from last year, and have been a lot better to watch then what a lot of people predicted at the start of the season. Have faith, if you can, it will pay off in the end.  :gotigers

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2011, 09:56:25 AM »
I agree with rewarding players on form but under certain provisors. Firstly the form needs to be consistent and not simple from one game. Secondly the player needs to be part of the long term future of the club or be filling a hole. Tuck certainly covers my first provisor but not the second. Tuck is a tremendous accumulator of contested ball but hasn't the desposal or decision-making skills that are paramount in Dimma's selection criteria. Opposition coaches used to instruct their players to zone off Tuck, cover the other midfielders closely and allow him to turn the ball over. I love Tucky's toughness and ball winning ability but including him would be only a stop gap measure, delay our young midfielders the opportunity to learn how to win their own ball and structure up around stoppages. Additionally him may hinder our chances during games by turning the ball over.

Post should have been included but not at the expense of a ruckman. We saw what happened last week without a ruck and Post was the most expendable of our talls based on last week's performance so was therefore replaced. We have missed White's pace, defensive pressure around the forwardline and with the additional threat of Gold Coasts pacey side, he is a given.

Players such as Morton will need more than one good game at Coburg to fight their way back into the side given our structures and the knock on his denfensive side of his game.

I think the selections make sense to be honest given the players to choose from, match ups and looking towards the future. I still think there are more than a few players who are effectively warming the place of future talent - Browne being the most notable one - but overall I think calls for the coaches head's ect is a little short sighted and premature imho.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2011, 10:45:30 AM »
you people are missing the point.
There are players getting games that shouldnt and one that arent getting games that should
Why not give Post 3 games in a row and see if the kid can play.
been there for 3 years now and nobody knows if he can play :banghead

the claw

« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2011, 11:01:43 AM »
Looks like a good side for the future imho. I wouldn't necessarily place Browne or Thursfield in that category plus a few others but overall our side is made up of developing youth. Looking at our side we have Newman and King as our elder statesmen with everyone else little more than babies. We will be pushing the GC for age  :o

I think the club has acknowledged that finals or not, we are miles off the pace and we need to keep true to the over goal of the year which is play the kids and teach the structure. All the calls for Tuck are short sided. Sure he may help lift us slightly compared to someone such as a Helbig or Conca but he will not be there in a few years time.

It's hard to see past the present but we have to build for the future which is why Tuck, Hislop etc are not priority selections.
looks an exceptionally ordinary side to me future or no future.

on tuck he does not have to take conca or helbigs spot ffs they dont even play midfield, or any future players spot for that matter. there are plenty in that side who are not for us in the future and of them tuck is easily the form player.
im starting to wonder if tuck is not going to gws the way its going atm.lets face it they get him for nothing and like josh fraser at gc good for the kids for a yr or 2 while they develop.

i wonder who else thinks gc will win.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2011, 11:06:27 AM »
There are players getting games that shouldnt and one that arent getting games that should
WP could comment on that statement about Postie easy enough! :lol

the claw

« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2011, 11:11:01 AM »
agree pretty hard to argue with that. half the selected side i would hope is not earmarked as part of the future yet people argue we cant play tuck because hes not a part of the future.
he should be more of a part of the short term future than many who get games. we are about actually raising the bar at the club not going backwards.
whats even more funny we are currently getting smashed at clearances most certainly have a huge hole there and we cant bring in a form player who will fill that hole at no expense to development.

people are kidding themselves if they think we dont need to draft at least 2 very good inside mids and a shedload of outside junior mids from the nd.

the claw

« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2011, 11:15:53 AM »

we havent been good all yr just a lot of supporters hyping up some ordinary wins against mainly mediocre sides or injury depleted sides.
at the start of the yr we knew there was a good chance that at least 20 23 players would have to go. at round 17 nothing has changed we know we have to get rid of a shedload of very ordinary players over the next few yrs.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2011, 11:17:10 AM »
and what is also a problem which reflects the current form slump, for us to be competitve and win games , we need most players to play at 100% , currently we have players who cannot perform  to there  max ability thus we arent competitve.
Houli and Grigg are perfect examples of this.
we need most players up !
The good teams can carry passengers, we cant !

the claw

« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2011, 11:17:38 AM »

of course its to be expected with a list full of glass half fulls of course its going to happen. it will happen next yr as well yet people hide from the obvious.

I guess a bad run or two is to be expected but losses to the tune of 103 points and 39 points after conceding ten straight goals are probably less expected!

I believe we have improved but the level of improvement across the board, apart from a few clubs,  has been greater than ours!