Author Topic: Positives from today's game?  (Read 7952 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Positives from today's game?
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2011, 05:00:30 PM »
Rance, Cotch and perhaps a couple of others at best.
Even second half on the scoreboard (although the game was over at half-time).

Any others?

tuck and nahas could be pretty pleased with their efforts...cotch was no better than ok in my books, rarely hurt the opposition...Foley and nahas would have been our most effective mids
Cotch has 13 clearances himself. About 40% of the whole side's clearances.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2011, 05:02:31 PM »
After today.I would have no hesitation trading lids.get pick 2 of GWS ?

You have had too many beers in the medallion club Jack. When its my shout I am the expert.

Lets say for the sake of this conversation we trade him or the one we had earlier in the week he goes there and is a gun in the midfield you would be the first on the back of the club and whoever let this happen but even forgetting that he has been our most consistent player in the last 4 years and he has been playing a variety of roles. Ludicrous IMHO.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2011, 05:05:56 PM »
 :lol
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2011, 05:09:02 PM »
Drinking beers in the medallion club with fellow supporters.all agree.lids has to be traded

Im not a Lids fan but I thought he put in 110% today.

Biggest issue IMO is providing options, we havent been working hard enough for 2 months and our uncontested possessins are way down.

So we always forced to kick to contests cause there is nothing else.

Lids tried all day IMO.

That being said if we can upgrade on Lids, I'd take it.

Be some ballsy moves trading Lids for compensation.

Look at Carlton, ballsy trade for Judd. Gave up Pick 3 and Kennady and a 2nd rounder.
Go Tigers!

TigerTimeII

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2011, 05:10:26 PM »
Rance, Cotch and perhaps a couple of others at best.
Even second half on the scoreboard (although the game was over at half-time).

Any others?

tuck and nahas could be pretty pleased with their efforts...cotch was no better than ok in my books, rarely hurt the opposition...Foley and nahas would have been our most effective mids

most of his clearance disposal was pisspoor
Cotch has 13 clearances himself. About 40% of the whole side's clearances.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2011, 05:13:31 PM »
Oh yeah and an "Ambassadorial Role" at Visy.

I thought Hawthorn trading with Freo for Croad to get Hodge was a ballsy.

Carlton's deal was just full of impropriety misappropriation and deceit.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2011, 05:35:59 PM »

You have had too many beers in the medallion club Jack. When its my shout I am the expert.

Lets say for the sake of this conversation we trade him or the one we had earlier in the week he goes there and is a gun in the midfield you would be the first on the back of the club and whoever let this happen but even forgetting that he has been our most consistent player in the last 4 years and he has been playing a variety of roles. Ludicrous IMHO.

sorry, he plays as a sweeper off half backed last time I looked. rarely plays midfield thanks to Dimma
Use the pick to get a big man

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2011, 05:37:57 PM »
I'm talking about midfield at GWS Jack. :thumbsup

tony_montana

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2011, 05:40:07 PM »

sorry, he plays as a sweeper off half backed last time I looked. rarely plays midfield thanks to Dimma

why on earth would you trade your best player for a number 2 pick? thats like moving sideways at work. If you're going to trade him make it for 2 x top picks then you have some  serious weighing up to do.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2011, 05:45:42 PM »

why on earth would you trade your best player for a number 2 pick? thats like moving sideways at work. If you're going to trade him make it for 2 x top picks then you have some  serious weighing up to do.

Don't you know TM, because the problems of the RFC are solved at the bar in the Medallion Club. :lol :rollin :lol

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2011, 06:03:31 PM »
 :laugh:
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2011, 06:05:39 PM »

why on earth would you trade your best player for a number 2 pick? thats like moving sideways at work. If you're going to trade him make it for 2 x top picks then you have some  serious weighing up to do.

BECAUSE YOU NUFFERS, WE TRADED OUR BEST PLAYER IN 1994 AND PLAYED FINALS IN 1995, YOU HAVE TO TRADE SOMEONE GOOD TO GET SOMEONE GOOD :banghead :banghead :banghead

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2011, 06:11:53 PM »
Trading lids... please, trading out a very good player for potentially a very good player, what a waste of time that would be. We need to cross our fingers lids wants be be a tiger when he is next out of contract. We cant afford to offload one of our best players who is nearing his peak.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2011, 06:12:15 PM »
and who would you experts trade? Mitch Morton  :help

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2011, 06:13:38 PM »
Trading lids... please, trading out a very good player for potentially a very good player, what a waste of time that would be. We need to cross our fingers lids wants be be a tiger when he is next out of contract. We cant afford to offload one of our best players who is nearing his peak.

hate to tell you all this, struggles against quality opposition
bad decision making today and turned the ball over