Author Topic: Richmond interested in hiring Dean Bailey as senior assistant to Hardwick [merged]  (Read 16898 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
all out or all in?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
all out or all in?

lol.....They could recruit Gus as there inspirational speaker :lol :lol

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Melbourne and Neeld will prove in just over 12 months what a joke Bailey was.

For Melbourne's sake you would hope so! Considering it has been widely documented that Bailey was there simply to nurcher the young players through and that SFA was spent on anything at that club during his time there, I would think it's fairly obvious that improvement will be shown now they seem to have gone all out.....

all out? True Leigh Brown and Neeld would've cost millions. They had ample assistants and coaching staff under Bailey. Issue was his game plan or lack of for the better word.

Bailey was a terrible coach not willing to understand the modern press. That my friend was well documented also.

Like ive said before under his leasdership good players went backwards and loses like the 180 point drubbing has got nothing to do with your assistant coaches, but everything to do with the playing list not wanting to play for the coach

We move on and i welcome the decision.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
$180,000 FOR A wacko WHO CANT COACH
JOBS FOR THE BOYS

$180k you know this for a fact  :lol :lol

Sounds like a pretty cheap base wage for a senior assistant (unless you are bomber thompson of course)  :rollin :rollin

Get over it Jack he isn't coming so who cares  ;D
I just hope we stayed true to your word...... And didn't do this thorough the media....... And said pretty, pretty please.
BORING!!!
Facts are we wanted both Craig and Bailey and didn't have the aggets..... again.

More than two years ago Collingwood came out and told us that Mick would stand aside as coach and let Bucks take over but Mick would be director of coaching. They new what a massive job it would be for rookie coach even with them being a very good side, so they thought help was needed. We hirer a rookie coach, let him coach for those two years without much help and now and only now we try to get a director of coaching to help him. It's taken us TWO years to work this out and now all we are left with are the Bailey's of this world.... Baffling!

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
Melbourne and Neeld will prove in just over 12 months what a joke Bailey was.

For Melbourne's sake you would hope so! Considering it has been widely documented that Bailey was there simply to nurcher the young players through and that SFA was spent on anything at that club during his time there, I would think it's fairly obvious that improvement will be shown now they seem to have gone all out.....

all out? True Leigh Brown and Neeld would've cost millions. They had ample assistants and coaching staff under Bailey.

A hell of allot more is being spent there now than was while Bailey was at the helm, Bailey himself is also being quoted as saying "Melbourne were reluctant to spend anything on there footy department until now"........

Anyway, i'm with you, who gives an eff anyway, I hope they all fall in a hole and implode ;D ;D

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
I think BT is making a lot of sense although the mighty $ may be why we haven't moved sooner. I still struggle with our decision at recruiting assistant after assistant without a sure hand to guide Dimma.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
JOBS FOR THE BOYS

Sounds like a pretty cheap base wage for a senior assistant (unless you are bomber thompson of course)  :rollin :rollin

I just hope we stayed true to your word...... And didn't do this thorough the media....... And said pretty, pretty please.
BORING!!!
Facts are we wanted both Craig and Bailey and didn't have the aggets..... again.

More than two years ago Collingwood came out and told us that Mick would stand aside as coach and let Bucks take over but Mick would be director of coaching. They new what a massive job it would be for rookie coach even with them being a very good side, so they thought help was needed. We hirer a rookie coach, let him coach for those two years without much help and now and only now we try to get a director of coaching to help him. It's taken us TWO years to work this out and now all we are left with are the Bailey's of this world.... Baffling!

Collingwood produced a position out of their ahs in an attempt to appease mick.
What was their alternative? Sack him?

This is about buckly getting the gig because eddie and his drogues did not want buckly to take a senior gig elswhere , not malthouse standing aside because he wants to.

according to the media reports bailey was offered an assistant coach role.
Same with craig...i think.

Perhaps we couldn't afford overpaid, overhyped assistants two years ago?

Perhaps there was more emphasis on player development from the coaches in the first two years and now, as we move into a phase more interested in winning games the coaching emphasis changes?

The bloke that has runs on the board came across with no media run around rubbish leading up to it. No one even knew it coming up till then :thumbsup

A leak from the hawthorn side the night before and that was the first anyone knew.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

tony_montana

JOBS FOR THE BOYS

BORING!!!

Collingwood produced a position out of their ahs in an attempt to appease mick.
What was their alternative? Sack him?

This is about buckly getting the gig because eddie and his drogues did not want buckly to take a senior gig elswhere , not malthouse standing aside because he wants to.

according to the media reports bailey was offered an assistant coach role.
Same with craig...i think.

Perhaps we couldn't afford overpaid, overhyped assistants two years ago?

Perhaps there was more emphasis on player development from the coaches in the first two years and now, as we move into a phase more interested in winning games the coaching emphasis changes?

The bloke that has runs on the board came across with no media run around rubbish leading up to it. No one even knew it coming up till then :thumbsup

A leak from the hawthorn side the night before and that was the first anyone knew.

you nailed it al, great response - 1) we didnt have the $$$ 2 yrs ago and 2) it wasnt required as development was priority number wins/losses werent high on the agenda. Improvement was measured in other areas

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond

So are you saying that because the Club refused to get drawn into a bidding war for these 2 blokes that they "didn't have the aggets again"

We offered them "senior assistant roles" It is clear that both have taken jobs that cover more than what we offered which by extension means more money. How is that the RFC fault exactly?

And I will repeat what I posted on another thread, we are not looking for a director of coaching, that's what the media has said; not the club but hey the media is always right aren't they.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 10:45:49 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
JOBS FOR THE BOYS

Everyone at the Desal Plant are on more than that. That doesn't seem much for an assistant coach.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame

So are you saying that because the Club refused to get drawn into a bidding war for these 2 blokes that they "didn't have the aggets again"

We offered them "senior assistant roles" It is clear that both have taken jobs that cover more than what we offered which by extension means more money. How is that the RFC fault exactly?

And I will repeat what I posted on another thread, we are not looking for a director of coaching, that's what the media has said; not the club but hey the media is always right aren't they.
Yes i am saying the the club has no balls because they didn't get who they wanted. Other clubs make things happen, we hope they happen. We need help as a club after 30 years as the laughing stock of the AFL. Sometimes we may have to pay overs for coaches or players but we need both. If you just think things will improve because time says they should than you are  as delusional as D. Jackson asking for more money.

And what makes you the expert on what position the RFC offered either of those two guys? You talk a big game WP but what exactly do you know about any of this. Do you think you are the only person who has contact with somebody that supposedly knows something???

And i don't care how many times you repeat yourself WP it doesn't mean it's true.

What makes me wild is tiger supporters continually making excuses for this club, no money, umpires, past coaches, poor lists, whatever,      I'm pretty sure Dimma doesn't want to hear it and neither do i.
It's time to STFU and start getting results!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
And what makes you the expert on what position the RFC offered either of those two guys? You talk a big game WP but what exactly do you know about any of this. Do you think you are the only person who has contact with somebody that supposedly knows something???

And i don't care how many times you repeat yourself WP it doesn't mean it's true.

OUCH!!!!!! Whackety Whack  ;D  ;D  :rollin :rollin :rollin

big tone - I don' think you are implying that I am a liar so I'll let the underlined bit go through to the keeper  ;D  But I will say this (I hope you undertand where I am coming from) at end of the day if someone you really respect who's as honest as the day is long tells you something then there's a fair chance you you are going to believe them, that's what I usually do  :thumbsup

Yes i am saying the the club has no balls because they didn't get who they wanted. Other clubs make things happen, we hope they happen. We need help as a club after 30 years as the laughing stock of the AFL. Sometimes we may have to pay overs for coaches or players but we need both. If you just think things will improve because time says they should than you are  as delusional as D. Jackson asking for more money.

Now am I allowed to ask a question? What would you have offered them? Seriously how far over the odds do you go?

What I mean is:

Hypothetically : If for example you really want someone in your employ as a senior executive in  marketing and you are prepared to offer slightly over the market rate of say $250k a year because you really want this person and they knock you back and you go back with a counter offer of say $260K and they knock you back again, do you keep going over the odds of what the market says? When do you walk away? Or do you just keep offering more and more until you get the marketing guru?

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
JOBS FOR THE BOYS

~$150k is actually the average wage for a coach in the AFL

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
JOBS FOR THE BOYS

You mean average for an assistant Mr RFC_O?

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
JOBS FOR THE BOYS

You mean average for an assistant Mr RFC_O?

Coach....development/assistant/head coach/DIRECTOR OF STRATEGY whatever the title is. I think theres just over 100 in the industry.