Author Topic: Ivan Maric [merged]  (Read 105612 times)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
Ivan Maric [merged]
« on: August 15, 2011, 10:38:49 PM »
From the Hun, another ruck man rumor.......

ADELAIDE ruckman Ivan Maric is looming large in Richmond's hunt for a top-line big man.

Maric, 25, is unsigned for next year and has put off talks on a new deal with the Crows until the end of the season.

It is understood the Tigers have flagged their interest in trying to lure the 200cm ruckman back home to Melbourne.

While he is not a big AFL name, Maric's ruck nous, work ethic and flexibility to play forward or back appeal to the Tigers.

Last season, he played 21 games and ranked seventh of all ruckmen in the competition for hitouts to advantage. He also finished fourth at the Crows for contested marks.

However, Maric fell out of favour this year and was overlooked by former coach Neil Craig in favour of new No.1 ruckman Sam Jacobs, back-up Brad Moran and key forward Kurt Tippett

Maric, taken with pick No.40 in the 2004 national draft, played only three games to Round 18 but has played all three games under caretaker coach Mark Bickley.

Maric kicked two goals and featured in six score involvements in Adelaide's 11-point loss against Geelong on Sunday.

He has not ruled out staying in Adelaide and the identity of the new, permanent coach is likely to be a key factor in his decision.

The Tigers want a ruckman to help lead an onball brigade that includes potential superstars Trent Cotchin and Dustin Martin.

Head of football Craig Cameron said Richmond wanted to be active in the trade market this year.

The Tigers have also been linked to ruckmen Mitch Clark (Brisbane Lions), Hamish McIntosh (North Melbourne) and Jonathon Griffin and Zac Clarke (Fremantle).

Maric, who made his debut in 2006, would be unlikely to command a high price but would be assured a long-term contract with the Tigers.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 02:56:46 PM by one-eyed »
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Adelaide ruckman Ivan Maric seen as long-term prospect at Richmond
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 10:51:22 PM »
Never really noticed a leap on him. We need a player who can outjump his opponent

Offline Fruity Morgan

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 10:53:31 PM »
Bit of a lumberer.  The Jack Dyer statue moves more quickly on a good day

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 11:12:53 PM »
We could do worse, I guess.

He's only 1 year younger than Apple.

Wouldnt want to give up much for him. Maybe poach him for nix houli style.

Ox

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 11:25:42 PM »
yebemti pitchku,Ivan!!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 04:03:00 AM »
Ivan Maric
No. 20
Height   200cm
Weight   102kg
DOB   04-01-1986
Recruited from: Keilor/Calder U18, pick 40 in the 2004 National Draft.
Debut   v Port Adelaide, round six, 2006
Games      77 (6 in 2011)
Goals           28 (3 in 2011)

http://www.afc.com.au/players/playerprofile/ivanmaric/tabid/4506/playerid/13958/category/senior/season/2011/selected/bio/default.aspx

Career stats:
http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pc-adelaide-crows--ivan-maric
http://finalsiren.com/PlayerStats.asp?PlayerID=1640&SeasonID=ALL

Surprise surprise his highest hitouts average is against us.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 06:56:32 AM »
I hear we are also interested in Dean Cox, Darren Jolly, Shane Mumford and ever other ruckman in the league  ::)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 07:32:10 AM »
All the other clubs seem to have older type ruckmen to teach and take pressure off the younger ones, we don't and we didnt last year and that is why our ruck stocks have stalled or not developed as well as we would have liked. Grab an experienced ruck and decide who out of Browne and Gus gets chopped and retain the other.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2011, 12:02:03 PM »
He sounds like Ben Marsh ???
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2011, 03:48:51 PM »
I know you are all getting excited about a new Ruckman.

How is Tom Derickx progressing??. It seems he is hitting the right age and if he is any good ???

Maybe if he comes right along with Tyrone Vickery and Angus or Browne will another ruckman just be superfluous to requirements.?

Shouldn't we be looking at another tall solid CHB/CHF/fullback type instead of rushing into another ruckman?
2010 National Draft - Tom Derickx Pick 63

Robert Hicks

DOB: 7/12/87
Height: 201cm
Weight: 100kg
Club: Claremont

What the recruiters say:
Tom is an athletic ruckman who is very creative with his tap work and has excellent mobility around the ground. His second efforts at ground level and his ability to chase and tackle are a real feature and his movement enables him to go forward and be effective as a lead up forward. He is also a good kick both in general play and goal kicking.

Tom is a late developer who was playing in Margaret River until the end of 2008 when he moved to Perth and signed with Claremont.  He played in the reserves in 2009 but blossomed this year after a strong pre season and a late growth spurt which saw him grow to over 200cm. Tom had a solid season as a ruck/forward playing all year in the league side and was a strong contributor in their narrow grand final loss.

While Tom is 22 we feel he is very early in his development phase and in a full time environment will blossom with his natural athletic and football traits and we look forward to him growing and improving at the Richmond Football Club.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2011, 04:14:58 PM »
as far as ruckman go hopefully we can trade graham and bring in someone like maric or seaby while young browne and derricx develop.

Both ( maric and  seaby ) should be pretty cheap and attainable, both would be an upgrade on graham.

No need for hamish thats for sure

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2011, 06:21:32 PM »
We need a ruckman who can take a contested grab. If Maric fits the bill go for him.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2011, 01:40:57 PM »
People being a bit harsh on Maric and really havent watched him.Before this season he was the crows number 1 ruckman and still is 25 so can develope further.Last 3 games under Bickley he has been good fell out with Craig as they got Jacobs.He can hold his own with out a problem

tony_montana

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2011, 02:02:35 PM »

These are his stats for his 2 best seasons to date

2010 Adelaide 21 3.4 6.9 10.3 3.0 0.2 0 2.0 17.6 1.1 1.0 0.05
2009 Adelaide 20 3.4 6.4 9.8 2.8 0.2 0.2 2.4 17.9 0.8 1.6   

Never averaged more than 10.3 possies a game. No deal. Seems very average!