Author Topic: Tigers vs Demons game thread  (Read 10770 times)

Jackstar is back again

Re: Tigers vs Demons game thread
« Reply #105 on: August 21, 2011, 09:26:27 PM »
I don't want to be labelled as homophobic, but gee wiz, I hate Watts.

So true.

Is he the idiot with the beautiful hair?

Aka Rapunzel

I was having visions of grabbing those luscious locks and smashing his head into my thigh!

Thigh or Groin ?lol

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #106 on: August 21, 2011, 09:27:09 PM »
They really are a luscious set of locks aren't they. They're quite becoming.....

Do you think he soaks them in father of pearl?

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #107 on: August 21, 2011, 09:35:02 PM »
Fabio, the most beautiful player in MelbourneFC.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #108 on: August 21, 2011, 09:59:52 PM »
3 decent quarters of footy and one lazy pathetic one which almost cost us the game. Dimma gave them an absolute spray at 3/4 time and deservedly so. Basically our classy top half-dozen or so got us home after half-time. We really struggled with Melbourne's pace and spread especially in the second half. They were playing us on the rebound and our midfield didn't push as hard back as they did forward which exposed our open backline if we didn't hold it in our forward 1/3 and enabled the Dees run it down and get easy shots on goal and kick something like 14.2 at one stage. I haven't checked the stats but for mine our midfield had the better at winning the footy (except for the 3rd qtr) but defensively we still don't work hard enough as a team. Also we really lack quality elite smalls/crumbers up forward. Being front and square to the fall of the ball seemed a foreign concept especially after half-time.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #109 on: August 21, 2011, 10:04:51 PM »
You will find that Jones .Sylvia and Maloney killed us

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #110 on: August 21, 2011, 10:05:33 PM »
Yeah the third quarter effort was poor, we turned off the pressure bigtime.  A good win nonetheless and another step forwards in the learning curve.  We would of dropped that game last year when they turned it around on us.  They didn't let them psych us out and learned to win tight.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #111 on: August 21, 2011, 10:10:21 PM »
Except they lost.  Jones is a good player, hard to stop.  I think he was given a lot more attention this game than last time and was not as effective.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #112 on: August 21, 2011, 10:13:34 PM »

And you will find that when it counted Cotch, Tuck and Lids killed them ;D

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #113 on: August 21, 2011, 10:15:31 PM »
Damn straight TFT.  They took their lumps today, coz Melbourne was pushing the envelope with dirty hits, but our blokes kept their eyes on the pill.

tony_montana

« Reply #114 on: August 21, 2011, 10:19:17 PM »
3 decent quarters of footy and one lazy pathetic one which almost cost us the game. Dimma gave them an absolute spray at 3/4 time and deservedly so. Basically our classy top half-dozen or so got us home after half-time. We really struggled with Melbourne's pace and spread especially in the second half. They were playing us on the rebound and our midfield didn't push as hard back as they did forward which exposed our open backline if we didn't hold it in our forward 1/3 and enabled the Dees run it down and get easy shots on goal and kick something like 14.2 at one stage. I haven't checked the stats but for mine our midfield had the better at winning the footy (except for the 3rd qtr) but defensively we still don't work hard enough as a team. Also we really lack quality elite smalls/crumbers up forward. Being front and square to the fall of the ball seemed a foreign concept especially after half-time.

agree with all of that. Also noticed melbourne get front and square all over the ground, we got smashed on the rebound when countless times our defenders would spoil the ball at chb or the wing or the centre and there'd be melbourne players front and square every time. Its part of their game plan as they spread from defence with runners sprinting to get to the fall of the ball of the hitup forward just in case he doesnt mark it. Simple stupid football and its embarrassing we let them get away with it all game.

If I was dimma I would be ropeable that after total domination we only beat them by a kick - shouldve been 10 goals if we put more scorebaord pressure on them when we were supposed to.

Foley was bloody good today. Best game back.

Really liked the way Lids stood up when the game needed to be won. For some reason I was more impressed with Cotchin today than in any of his many better classier performances. He willed himself at the contest and threw himself at the ball with a ferocity Ive never seen from him - noticed this especially in the 3rd quarter when they were murdering us out of the centre square.

I liked our fwd press for large parts of the game, best structures Ive seen from us but still needs tweaking, once it gets broken down we give away the simplest of goals - counted about 6-7 goals through the back door. Some players were a split second too late in leaving their space for a man -  but you can accept these things bc today for the first time I can honestly say I saw a well structured fwd press.

edit: forgot to add I get so stuffing angry when out of form cheats like Jurrah get brought in for games against us bc everyopne knows we'll play your duds back into form.  :banghead :banghead :banghead

Ox

« Reply #115 on: August 21, 2011, 10:26:33 PM »
All i know is Jack Watts is a beautiful man

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #116 on: August 21, 2011, 10:55:36 PM »
Need to win these games when we should and next year, no real benefit now. :scream
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #117 on: August 21, 2011, 10:59:14 PM »
Need to win these games when we should and next year, no real benefit now. :scream

yep the only reason i wanted to win was to poo some of the Dees fans up at the game.

personally, the result means SFA i couldnt give a flying stuff.

Yeah they played with heart whatever. I dont buy this crap.

we did it last year we did it year before when all is done and dusted and teams have relaxed a bit we start to play good footy but for most of the season we crumbled like the scared little bunnies that they are

Edit: avoiding the swear filter
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 11:03:20 PM by one-eyed »
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #118 on: August 21, 2011, 11:00:09 PM »

That's right, we really need to hammer home the " it's ok to loose mentality" at the end of this season so we come out firing with the same mentality for next season :wallywink
You make about as much sence as half the other dip stick loony's that post hear....

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #119 on: August 21, 2011, 11:04:02 PM »

That's right, we really need to hammer home the " it's ok to loose mentality" at the end of this season so we come out firing with the same mentality for next season :wallywink
You make about as much sence as half the other dip stick loony's that post hear....

the only fool on here is you.

"loser mentality" hahahahahahaha yeah where was the loser mentality against the GC suns and Port.. Ooh thats right it didnt exist.

give me a spell. We beat the dees big stuffin deal.

The clubs wins pathetic meaningless games when the season is done and dusted and you expect people to get excited when you see players like Farmer and Edwards still in the team.   :banghead
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.