Author Topic: $1 million wiped off our debt (RFC)  (Read 18844 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: $1 million wiped off our debt (RFC)
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2011, 12:52:15 PM »
Devils advocate.
Jeanie Pratt and the Blues seem to have it right

have they

The BLues want the pratt money and will dance with the devil or anything else to keep it. If that's the way they do business it doesn't make it right

Though I will say jeanie Pratt is a very smart business person so she would be an asset

also Freo seem to be cashed up by having people on the board from there Mining Sponsors eg Paying huge bucks for Lyon and paying out Harveys contract. etc

Bad example Freo have the integrity and morals of a dead cow after the last fortnight  ;D That's why Ross Lyon will fit right in

just maybe we havent got it right at Punt Road. think about it

there are certainly things that are wrong but in this making a decisions that is ethically sound is the right thing

And BTW my devil's advocate:

Where does it stop? Say you take the offer this time, what happens the next time? What if you give someone what they want this time what stops from demanding things all the time... a bit like being held to ransom isn't it?

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

FNM

« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2011, 12:59:54 PM »
there are certainly things that are wrong but in this making a decisions that is ethically sound is the right thing
Shame they couldn't have been ethical in their GF guarantee!

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2011, 01:07:49 PM »
yes the GF guarantee . mmmmmmmmm

FNM

« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2011, 01:21:19 PM »
yes the GF guarantee . mmmmmmmmm
Ppl have supported this club for years through thick and thin and then they do something like that to show just what they think of their loyalty
They can stick their ethics right up their you know what
Laughable what WP just said about Carlton dancing with the devil
Richmond would tango with Osama if it meant it could rip off supporters and make more money

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2011, 01:35:39 PM »
stuff off idiot.
Why dont u stfu!
Laggig do gooder.

Well done Jak

Lmao, call someone a lagger then congratulate the BIGGEST lagger on this forum  :scream

Edit: edited quote
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 02:14:02 PM by one-eyed »
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2011, 02:37:22 PM »
If people want to play games do the deal and reverse the decision.
Can't play the moral cowboy both ways.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2011, 02:39:48 PM »
Ppl have supported this club for years through thick and thin and then they do something like that to show just what they think of their loyalty
They can stick their ethics right up their you know what
Laughable what WP just said about Carlton dancing with the devil
Richmond would tango with Osama if it meant it could rip off supporters and make more money

FNM I agree with you about the GF Guarantee debacle. What they did to people with that was terrible. But it is one of the problems when you have a change in all areas of management. Decisions get made to implement changes in alot of areas eg membership & coterie that may impact unfairly on members. I think the way the did it was what was the most disppointing and I think the Club has suffered for it

But from where I sit this alledged "bribe" for want of a better word is a different beast IMHO as I don't view as ripping off supporters. This is about being a good corporate citizen in the business world

And I reckon a few years ago you may have been right about the club "dancing with Osama" but things are different now as I don't believe Beeny Gale does business that way and that IMHO is bloody good thing

tony_montana

« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2011, 03:21:54 PM »
depends what the conditions were - 2 million is a lot of money and brings is very close to our goal.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2011, 03:56:16 PM »
Apparently one was too bring Jackstar back as the director of recruiting

10 FLAGS

« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2011, 04:52:57 PM »
I understand that afew on here reckon that the club did the right thing but AFL footy is dog eat dog and because of that and our circumstances we should have taken the money. Money talks and rubbish ... We should have taken the $2 million IMHO.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2011, 05:14:02 PM »
we were a "dog eat dog club " during the 70,s etc.
Now, who knows

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2011, 05:31:48 PM »
I understand that afew on here reckon that the club did the right thing but AFL footy is dog eat dog and because of that and our circumstances we should have taken the money. Money talks and rubbish ... We should have taken the $2 million IMHO.

Disagree

So you are you saying we should've taken the money at any cost?

As I asked and no ones bothered to answer. Where do you draw the line? You do it this time then you do it everytime and then you get the lunatics running the asylum

And btw in a "dog it dog world" to succeed it really at times it depends on what sort of dog we're talking about.  ;D

Ox

« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2011, 05:40:25 PM »
just maybe we havent got it right at Punt Road. think about it

Hardwick is stuffen hopeless.
Was supposed to bring a hardness to the club.
L M A O !

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2011, 05:46:52 PM »
The way I see it is that a donation is monetary gift given to yo with no strings attatched . Therefore you are not obliged to provide a favour or favours for it. Nor are we obliged to do something a certain way or another way so that the ends justify the means.
Many of us have mortgages, we wouldn't accept them being paid off for us if it meant our domestic life at home would be run by an external person or peoples merely because they are lifting a burden off our shoulders. That's not what a donation or gift is. You wouldn't give money to the Royal Children's Hospital Appeal and then say to the Hospital that they can only deal with patients in this way or that way when the paediatricians know best.......

I say kudos to the club for standing their ground. This to me shows that the club has a plan and whether it be right or wrong and at this point in time lets be honest we don't have the answers but they have their plans and they will stick to it and not allow anybody or anything to compromise their principles.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2011, 05:48:39 PM »

Disagree

So you are you saying we should've taken the money at any cost?

As I asked and no ones bothered to answer. Where do you draw the line? You do it this time then you do it everytime and then you get the lunatics running the asylum

And btw in a "dog it dog world" to succeed it really at times it depends on what sort of dog we're talking about.  ;D

Whether you take the money or not is dependent upon what is requested. In this instance, if Jackos info was correct then I would think taking the $2 million would have been worth it.