Author Topic: Sam Blease to Richmond  (Read 14137 times)

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
Re: Sam Blease to Richmond
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2011, 03:08:40 PM »
Sam is a beauty anyone know of his contract at the Dees?

The details of why this may happen are irrelevant, but it's a chance. I'd be over the moon if Sam came to us next year for what he's worth. Was a high first round draft pick that has developed well but with some injuries (broken leg at school). Would think the compo pick may not be enough but if he's out of contract I think it may.

*Crosses fingers*

lol......you and your bloody draft picks, why don't we just forfit next season and hope the AFL give us the first 5 picks the season after, then if we only try and win a couple of games that season we might get pick 1 and 2 that year as well, maybe even get a priority pick if were lucky!

I hope you are not talkling about the compo pick that we recieved from the Crows.......That compo pick must be used at the right time in the draft, not to trade.

Give them bloody Edwards, Jackson and a last rounder, if they dont take that then forget it.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2011, 03:14:50 PM »
Funny how this priority pick becomes insignificant and doesnt really matter when a player comes along that some consider to be worth it.....

We can't trade this pick away, unless it's for a Judd type of player, keep it and use it wisely IMO.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2011, 03:33:46 PM »
Sam is a beauty anyone know of his contract at the Dees?

The details of why this may happen are irrelevant, but it's a chance. I'd be over the moon if Sam came to us next year for what he's worth. Was a high first round draft pick that has developed well but with some injuries (broken leg at school). Would think the compo pick may not be enough but if he's out of contract I think it may.

*Crosses fingers*

lol......you and your bloody draft picks, why don't we just forfit next season and hope the AFL give us the first 5 picks the season after, then if we only try and win a couple of games that season we might get pick 1 and 2 that year as well, maybe even get a priority pick if were lucky!

I hope you are not talkling about the compo pick that we recieved from the Crows.......That compo pick must be used at the right time in the draft, not to trade.

Give them bloody Edwards, Jackson and a last rounder, if they dont take that then forget it.

Oh good the power is back on in Tassie, your response does not relate to my comments in any way, but thats expected.

Season is over mate, we have the picks we have, thats it, but to trade away our priority pick this year for......what.... when the "super draft" is next year.......um....gee.....let me think......Are you still lighting fires with sticks over there.... :thumbsup :wallywink
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline The Mole

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2011, 04:06:50 PM »
I can tell you as fact that sam has just moved to richmond to live, sams father was a massive richmond supporter, so i will do some digging to find out what i can on this

What would it have meant if he had moved to Malvin then?

That hes got plenty of cash to spend  ;D
    im working on finding out  as sam is a facebook friend and i worked with his dad ...........so ill try find out what i can

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2011, 05:48:15 PM »
Funny how this priority pick becomes insignificant and doesnt really matter when a player comes along that some consider to be worth it.....

We can't trade this pick away, unless it's for a Judd type of player, keep it and use it wisely IMO.

You are aware that this compo pick is a 2nd round compo pick that depending pon where we finish and who else use it could be anywhere between pick 20 and 35.

How on earth do you expect to get Chris Judd for that lol?  :rollin :rollin :rollin
Go Tigers!

10 FLAGS

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2011, 05:54:06 PM »

You are aware that this compo pick is a 2nd round compo pick that depending pon where we finish and who else use it could be anywhere between pick 20 and 35.

How on earth do you expect to get Chris Judd for that lol?  :rollin :rollin :rollin

Please dont ask sensible questions - this is OER! Mr Pope  ;D

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2011, 06:05:51 PM »
I'd expect RFC and MFC to both lock horns with a:

Same Blease for Compo Pick + 4th rounder (What RFC will offer)
Sam Blease for Compo Pick + 2nd/3rd Rounder (What MFC will want)
Go Tigers!

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2011, 06:33:52 PM »

You do realise the compo pick is a glorified pick 30 with a special name?

dwaino

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2011, 06:38:41 PM »
They should just give us Blease. After all, according to Ralph's logic, it would only be fair since they got Craig.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2011, 06:41:04 PM »
They should just give us Blease. After all, according to Ralph's logic, it would only be fair since they got Craig.

Eggsackly :lol 

tony_montana

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2011, 07:33:40 PM »

I thought it was an end of rnd 1 pick, in other words about a pick 19. Pretty decent pick for mine.

Blease has got a bit of toe and would be an asset with his outside run, but if he's contracted he will cost too much - if he's out of contract convince him to walk or give offer melbourne a take it or leave it late token draft pick

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2011, 07:42:00 PM »

I thought it was an end of rnd 1 pick, in other words about a pick 19. Pretty decent pick for mine.
This year the compo pick would be around pick 30 but you're right TM that in any of the 2012-14 drafts (depending when we use it) the compo pick will be pick 19 or thereabouts. Very valuable and not something to waste on a 3rd string ruckman like Maric.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2011, 07:43:34 PM »
I'm not 100% sure what sort of 2nd round pick it is but with the amount of compensation picks foating around in the 2nd round, if other clubs use it the same year we want o use it it could go from anywhere between 19 to 25. If 2 clubs have priority picks plus 4 other clubs use a higher rated 2nd round compo pick it could balloon to pick 25.

If that is true with it being at the beginning of the 2nd round. Its obviously higher if the pick is mid or late 2nd rounder compensation.
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2011, 07:44:13 PM »

This year the compo pick would be around pick 30 but you're right TM that in any of the 2012-14 drafts (depending when we use it) the compo pick will be pick 19 or thereabouts. Very valuable and not something to waste on a 3rd string ruckman like Maric.

I'm 100% confident the club wont use this pick to get Maric. If they used it to get Blease I'd be much happier.
Go Tigers!

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2011, 07:44:33 PM »

Roughly 3 teams will get a priority pick. WHich would be 19, 20, 21. Making it 22. Then there are mid first round picks. Melb x 2, GC x 1, Adel x 1, Geel x 1, WB x 1. Thats 6 of them making it 28. Then there are any team who has one and finishes below us. There would be at least 2 pushing it out to 30. Then there are any teams that get a compo next year. Sounds like Goldstein, Pendles and Boak are the targets. That's at least 5 or 6 compo's ahead of ours id imagine. Then there is FA compo picks. Realistically going to be a very late pick. It just has a special name  ;D