Author Topic: Sam Blease to Richmond  (Read 14133 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Sam Blease to Richmond
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2011, 07:46:52 PM »
There obviously is big difference between worst case and best case scenario with these compensation picks. More than likely every club will hold on to them for a few years waiting to use it when no1 else does so it's higher than otherwise would be.

Its impossible to put a price on the compo picks IMO. It could be pick 19 or it could be pick 35.
Go Tigers!

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2011, 07:48:59 PM »
There obviously is big difference between worst case and best case scenario with these compensation picks. More than likely every club will hold on to them for a few years waiting to use it when no1 else does so it's higher than otherwise would be.

Its impossible to put a price on the compo picks IMO. It could be pick 19 or it could be pick 35.

Can only be pick 19 if no one uses a mid first round and no priorities happen. ALl the clubs with mid first rounders will use theirs except maybe Geelong who would get more value if they drop down the ladder.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2011, 07:54:13 PM »

Can only be pick 19 if no one uses a mid first round and no priorities happen. ALl the clubs with mid first rounders will use theirs except maybe Geelong who would get more value if they drop down the ladder.

Very very good point.
Go Tigers!

tony_montana

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2011, 07:54:24 PM »

Realistically most will use their picks in next years super draft, which means we'll probably have a pick between 19-25. For mine thats a valuable pick when your talking about the most vaunted draft in history. Add to that a top 20 pick as our 1st rounder and our second rounder around the 30ish mark I think it puts us in a reasonably strong draft position. Each to their own but i dont think Blease is worth a pick 19-25 in the super draft.

FTR Geelong have already used 1 of their picks last year and pretty sure another club used their PP too. Realistically we're talking pick 19-25

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2011, 08:02:36 PM »

Realistically most will use their picks in next years super draft, which means we'll probably have a pick between 19-25. For mine thats a valuable pick when your talking about the most vaunted draft in history. Add to that a top 20 pick as our 1st rounder and our second rounder around the 30ish mark I think it puts us in a reasonably strong draft position. Each to their own but i dont think Blease is worth a pick 19-25 in the super draft.

FTR Geelong have already used 1 of their picks last year and pretty sure another club used their PP too. Realistically we're talking pick 19-25

I certainly wont be 19, can't see Port improving much and will be rewarded with a 2nd round priority pick. GC may improve and GWS will most likely get a priority pick aswell. So thats 19 and 20 gone in the super draft. Other clubs will contemplate using their 1st rounders Melbourne you'd think surely will use one they acquired from Scully next year in the 'super draft so thats another pick.

You're looking at pick 21 minimum next year if we finish lower than other clubs that want to use their start of 2nd round picks.

You'd think Dogs will use the Callum Ward pick next year aswell. Pick 22.

Can anyone confirm if the compo pick is actually at the beginning of the 2nd round?
Go Tigers!

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2011, 08:03:19 PM »

Geelong gave one to GC. Hence the GC one. Like i said best case if we finish lowest of the teams with end of first round and no more mid 1st's are given out then next year its 27ish. But more will be given out and we won't finish bottom. I also don't agree it should be traded for Blease.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2011, 08:05:51 PM »

I certainly wont be 19, can't see Port improving much and will be rewarded with a 2nd round priority pick. GC may improve and GWS will most likely get a priority pick aswell. So thats 19 and 20 gone in the super draft. Other clubs will contemplate using their 1st rounders Melbourne you'd think surely will use one they acquired from Scully next year in the 'super draft so thats another pick.

You're looking at pick 21 minimum next year if we finish lower than other clubs that want to use their start of 2nd round picks.

You'd think Dogs will use the Callum Ward pick next year aswell. Pick 22.

Can anyone confirm if the compo pick is actually at the beginning of the 2nd round?

Compo pick comes after the 18 1st rounders, any priority picks (GWS/PA are certainties IMO), any mid 1st round compos (currently 6 floating around) and after any other team's end of first round priority that finishes below us. There will be more given out after next year's GWS raid and FA. 18 + 2PP + 6 compos (mid 1st round) = 26 picks before we get a sniff.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2011, 08:46:52 PM »
Sam who the fi-ik is that

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2011, 10:56:26 PM »
Blease please. :thumbsup

the claw

« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2011, 11:41:12 PM »
its funny those who want blease in one breath  think our compensation pick will do it yet blease was a pp at 17 had what 2 yrs development and state our compensation pick is worth something between 19 and 35 where is the reality.

keep the pick until next yr its supposed to be even stronger than than 2010.  has anyone even bothered to look at the quality of kids taken between 19 and 40 last yr.
sheesh next yr our third rounder could get us another helbig yet people want to trade the cs and a third rounder for blease.
we lack depth  as much as anything. yet people want to trade out of picks for one player and here i was thinking all of us surely had learnt something from  yrs of mediocrity.

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2011, 12:01:43 AM »
its funny those who want blease in one breath  think our compensation pick will do it yet blease was a pp at 17 had what 2 yrs development and state our compensation pick is worth something between 19 and 35 where is the reality.

keep the pick until next yr its supposed to be even stronger than than 2010.  has anyone even bothered to look at the quality of kids taken between 19 and 40 last yr.
sheesh next yr our third rounder could get us another helbig yet people want to trade the cs and a third rounder for blease.
we lack depth  as much as anything. yet people want to trade out of picks for one player and here i was thinking all of us surely had learnt something from  yrs of mediocrity.
Blease has not had 2 years development. Ravaged by injury

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2011, 09:17:05 AM »
Funny how this priority pick becomes insignificant and doesnt really matter when a player comes along that some consider to be worth it.....

We can't trade this pick away, unless it's for a Judd type of player, keep it and use it wisely IMO.
So if we cant trade it unless for a judd type player, does that mean we must pick a judd like player when we utilise it?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2011, 09:21:41 AM »
we lack depth  as much as anything.

We lack quality outside runners claw. Blease looks like a good fit to me.
Happy for us to pursue this young player.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2011, 11:44:52 AM »
we lack depth  as much as anything.

We lack quality outside runners claw. Blease looks like a good fit to me.
Happy for us to pursue this young player.

Outside runners are easier to find and the game is won in winning collisons these days.  Not that I know Blease from a piece of cheese, but if he is an outside runner, dont bother.  We need more heavy collision based midfielders.

Look at how Geelong won this year, they hardly did the short kick kick to a free man, they kicked long to contests and won them.  They have also for the last few years had bigger players who can stand up in a tackle, just think of how many times you've seen Ling standing in a tackle and getting a kick or hand ball away.

This is where strong bodied players like Dustin Martin are crucial to our future sucess.  If he's an outside player we have lots of them already in Nason, White, Webberley we dont need any more.  I agree none of them are A graders but its not where the game is won, we should focus elsewhere with our top picks.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2011, 11:48:45 AM »
just think of how many times you've seen Ling standing in a tackle and getting a kick or hand ball away.

Tuck actually gets criticised for this.

The difference though, (in previous years anyway) is that geelong players were smart enough to play in front and good enough to take advantage, whereas with tuck it was the opposition players who were smart enough to play in front and good enough to win the ball.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI