Author Topic: Sam Blease to Richmond  (Read 14114 times)

the claw

Re: Sam Blease to Richmond
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2011, 08:48:49 PM »
its funny those who want blease in one breath  think our compensation pick will do it yet blease was a pp at 17 had what 2 yrs development and state our compensation pick is worth something between 19 and 35 where is the reality.

keep the pick until next yr its supposed to be even stronger than than 2010.  has anyone even bothered to look at the quality of kids taken between 19 and 40 last yr.
sheesh next yr our third rounder could get us another helbig yet people want to trade the cs and a third rounder for blease.
we lack depth  as much as anything. yet people want to trade out of picks for one player and here i was thinking all of us surely had learnt something from  yrs of mediocrity.

You can't buy a house with peanuts claw. You need to pay what is expected.

10 Helbigs for depth wont win us a premiership. We need more A Graders. Blease will be close to one.
10 helbigs or 10 batchelors is exactly what we need.  good solid footballers is what we lack we have our fair share of potential very good to elite players. but we have an abundance of below standard types who need to be replaced with those batchelors helbigs etc. 2nd 3rd rnd picks are extremely valuable.
in all honesty im so gun shy with our club trading picks for players im totally against trading picks on unproven players. sam blease is exactly that, unproven. id rather use the picks we have and get a similar result in 2012 as what we got in 2010.
i still think we are in no position to be trading out of picks in fact i think for where the rebuild is at we need  to trade into them. to get sam blease it will cost pick 14   or  a decent player and draft pick or 2nd rnd and compo pick. we are in no position to be trading away our picks. if we fail to participate  in a nd again i will be disappointed. ffs you would think we were top 4 instead of bottom 4 or 6 the way people talk. to me it smacks of a total lack of patience and an unwillingness to go thru the proper processes.

the claw

« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2011, 08:55:54 PM »
You can put this rumour to bed now  it wont happen

Damn. Oh well I guess we're stuck with Webberley, Nason & White for a while yet. :-\
white anyway hes contracted sheesh why do people continually ignore the contractual status of players. bloody hell very few players are ever delisted  and paid out of contracts.
sometimes trades are done but who in their right mind truly believes any of white nason and webberley are tradeable.

as it stands it is very likely both nason and webberley will be delisted. as for finding upgrades on them i could do it with my eyes closed.
we are not i repeat we are not going to find 6 very good players each draft. what we can do is find 3 or 4 good to very good players and hopefully upgrade on a few others.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2011, 09:01:37 PM »
its funny those who want blease in one breath  think our compensation pick will do it yet blease was a pp at 17 had what 2 yrs development and state our compensation pick is worth something between 19 and 35 where is the reality.

keep the pick until next yr its supposed to be even stronger than than 2010.  has anyone even bothered to look at the quality of kids taken between 19 and 40 last yr.
sheesh next yr our third rounder could get us another helbig yet people want to trade the cs and a third rounder for blease.
we lack depth  as much as anything. yet people want to trade out of picks for one player and here i was thinking all of us surely had learnt something from  yrs of mediocrity.

You can't buy a house with peanuts claw. You need to pay what is expected.

10 Helbigs for depth wont win us a premiership. We need more A Graders. Blease will be close to one.
10 helbigs or 10 batchelors is exactly what we need.  good solid footballers is what we lack we have our fair share of potential very good to elite players. but we have an abundance of below standard types who need to be replaced with those batchelors helbigs etc. 2nd 3rd rnd picks are extremely valuable.
in all honesty im so gun shy with our club trading picks for players im totally against trading picks on unproven players. sam blease is exactly that, unproven. id rather use the picks we have and get a similar result in 2012 as what we got in 2010.
i still think we are in no position to be trading out of picks in fact i think for where the rebuild is at we need  to trade into them. to get sam blease it will cost pick 14   or  a decent player and draft pick or 2nd rnd and compo pick. we are in no position to be trading away our picks. if we fail to participate  in a nd again i will be disappointed. ffs you would think we were top 4 instead of bottom 4 or 6 the way people talk. to me it smacks of a total lack of patience and an unwillingness to go thru the proper processes.

Hmm, I cannot agree with this at all. Sure 10 Helbigs and Bachleors will certainy improve us no doubt, no doubting that at all. It won't win us anything, we will turn into an Essendon who have a stack of C Grade players. We will make up the numbers every 2nd year come finals and waste many years there. All our club has had for 20 years is a stack of average players. Other than Richo, name a top 5 brownlow finisher in the last 30 years? Top 10 even?

A Graders win you premierships, depth just gets you finals appearances. Ask St.Kilda.

Get A Graders first then worry about depth and topping up the list with triers from 3rd and 4th round picks + State leagues.
Go Tigers!

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2011, 09:08:47 PM »
You can put this rumour to bed now  it wont happen

Damn. Oh well I guess we're stuck with Webberley, Nason & White for a while yet. :-\
white anyway hes contracted sheesh why do people continually ignore the contractual status of players. bloody hell very few players are ever delisted  and paid out of contracts.
sometimes trades are done but who in their right mind truly believes any of white nason and webberley are tradeable.

as it stands it is very likely both nason and webberley will be delisted. as for finding upgrades on them i could do it with my eyes closed.
we are not i repeat we are not going to find 6 very good players each draft. what we can do is find 3 or 4 good to very good players and hopefully upgrade on a few others.

You've got all the answers claw.

RFCO you should hire this guy. Makes it sound so easy. ;D

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2011, 09:39:06 PM »
so according to an A grade source, both nic nat and andy krakeour were seen at punt rd?

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

10 FLAGS

« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2011, 09:54:32 PM »
so according to an A grade source, both nic nat and andy krakeour were seen at punt rd?

that is correct  ;D

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2011, 11:56:41 AM »
I'm with claw on this one - I believe that it's not so much how many A graders you have, but how few D graders you have that determines how successful you will be.

tony_montana

« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2011, 01:15:35 PM »
The pies are a classic case in point. 2 years ago we kept hearing they were a very even side with no real A-graders. They kept at it, kept developing and then all of a sudden they had a good half a dozen a graders magically appear out of their group. Get an even contribution from 22 out there and then the A graders will start to shine.

Geelong were similar 6 years ago. Known as an even team full of soldiers and no real A graders, all of a sudden they developed and a-graders sprung up from everywhere from that solid B grade group. Bartel, Gaza, Corey, Ling, Enright, Kelly, Chapman & co were known as a one paced midfield lol

Build foundations with less weaknesses, that builds consistency and from that the group gain confidence and from their the big talents start to shine

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2011, 06:23:14 PM »
The last 2 posters seem to be making the most sense
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2011, 06:28:07 PM »
Are you kidding me? Geelong and Collingwood not having any A Graders?

What do you call brownlow medalists Bartel and Swan? Norm Smith Pendlebury? Match winner Thomas? 25 time All Australian Full back Matthew Scarlett. Gary Ablett Jnr? Mircale worker Steve Johnson? Paul Chapman?

I've never heard so much crap in my life. A side full of B and C graders goes no where. If you want to support a team like that go support Essendon they have the perfect list for you.

Unbelievable.  :rollin :rollin :rollin
Go Tigers!

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2011, 06:32:59 PM »
Pope, you might want to read that back, I think TM is referring to the ability of the B and C graders to make an even contribution and do the "team acts" that enables the A graders play like A graders and not permanently harassed B graders.
BTW, calling that post crao when your OP uses  :shh as the basis for a Sam Blease to Richmond thread?

I'm not sure if you're  the pot or the kettle but you definitely black!
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2011, 06:42:22 PM »
Pope, you might want to read that back, I think TM is referring to the ability of the B and C graders to make an even contribution and do the "team acts" that enables the A graders play like A graders and not permanently harassed B graders.
BTW, calling that post crao when your OP uses  :shh as the basis for a Sam Blease to Richmond thread?

I'm not sure if you're  the pot or the kettle but you definitely black!

In terms of list management if you can turn a B Grade and a draft pick (C grade potential) into an A Grade, it improves the list but dimishes depth. Depth filled with average players wont bring success.

Believe what you want to believe Y&B I'm happy to be wrong over something I heard that was pretty solid. Just feeding it through to fellow supporters, if its crap - its crap. I wont lose sleep over it.
Go Tigers!

tony_montana

« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2011, 07:52:10 PM »
Are you kidding me? Geelong and Collingwood not having any A Graders?

What do you call brownlow medalists Bartel and Swan? Norm Smith Pendlebury? Match winner Thomas? 25 time All Australian Full back Matthew Scarlett. Gary Ablett Jnr? Mircale worker Steve Johnson? Paul Chapman?

I've never heard so much crap in my life. A side full of B and C graders goes no where. If you want to support a team like that go support Essendon they have the perfect list for you.

Unbelievable.  :rollin :rollin :rollin

read the post again  before u go shooting from the hip Pope  :lol i said 2 years ago for collingwood and geelong 6 years ago not now... :whistle

Point is dont be so hasty about A graders. Sometimes they take a while to shine and players u thought were just b graders can turn into matchwinning a-graders.  Which supporter 4 years ago thought swan would be elite? lol he was a deadset dribbler!!! Thomas I always rated but most thought he was nothing more than a flashy type, Cloke was considered a bust, Reid a dud who couldnt kick, Johnson a one trick pony, H.Shaw couldnt defend - i could go on and on, NOW MOST OF THEM ARE DEADSET A OR B+ GRADERS.

Geelong wanted to trade out Bartel, Kelly and Corey players who were ALL considered nothing more than solid one paced plodders Richmond rejected Bartel and Stevie J for Otto!!! lol. My point is sometimes with some patience you can unearth matchwinners from within that you may have thought werent there.

lets get in more solid contributors bc its easier to find solid performers than out and out matchwinners in every draft.

cheers Y&B at least some understood my point  ;D

the claw

« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2011, 09:22:59 PM »
this is gold and shows just how little some understand what actually is needed.
lets see
nick maxwell c
n brown  c
a toovey barely a c.
h obrien c/ b
b reid c/b
h shaw c/b
s wellingham c
d swan b yep i dont think him an elite footballer.
b johnson c
a didak c used to be borderline b/a
t cloke b/a im reluctant to place him in the elite bracket for two reasons.
l ball c last two yrs b
d beams c/bs
c dawes c/b
s sidebottom c
d jolly b
s pendulbury a
d thomas b/a
t goldsack c
l brown c/bs
b mccaffer c
j blair c
thats the 2010 premiership side. it may be a little harsh but people are not grasping what really needs to be done. ffs if we can get our hands on 22 elite players im all for it but it doesnt work that way.
at richmond we are riddled with chronically deficient players or b/s, get em out and replace em with c and b rated players and we will get better.with the potential a graders we have we could go to the last day in september. seems we not only over rate our own but others as well. we potentially have more a graders than collingwood already. cutting b/s players building some depth and importantly good structure these are the things we lack in. lets go into games like collingwood with no b/s players in the team.
its not the strength of your top 6 that wins you games but the strength of the bottom 6 and what depth you can build.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2011, 09:25:35 PM »
It's your foot soldiers that get you to the granny, but often it is the cream that wins it for you.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI