Author Topic: How did we rate Richmond's trade week?  (Read 2440 times)

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: How did we rate Richmond's trade week?
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2011, 05:45:46 PM »
Yep was my only disappointment = we didn't trade Connors  ;D

Is it true he failed a medical in Adelaide?

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2011, 06:37:30 PM »
I'm happy because we didn't pay overs for anyone.

Clever trades for Morris and compo pick.

Morton pick was pointless but we shipped out dead wood, even tho he is worth a pick in the 50s IMO..

Think it was a success without getting to excited.. Biggest test is our delistings..
Go Tigers!

Offline tigtuff12

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2011, 07:11:05 PM »
...happy with our work overall...effectively got Morris & Maric for nix, with that sneaky last minute deal managed to upgrade our draft status and at least got something for Morton (who we were obviously going to pee of for naught)...agree that it would've been nice to get rid of a bit more dead wood but it's pretty tough to achieve when other clubs recognise they are said dead wood (we'd all love to trade nuffers for stars but it doesn't always work....)plus we've still got the "delisting period"...overall as far as "trading" goes another good year by BH & co..
...the fighting fury...

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2011, 07:15:39 PM »
Highly doubt we'll be using pick 79.  Doubt we would have used pick 60 either (their next lowest pick).  We basically just gained good favour with Sydney.

Rated the trade period as good.  If we managed to get a 2nd rounder for Connors or McGuane, it would be excellent.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2011, 07:29:30 PM »
Highly doubt we'll be using pick 79.  Doubt we would have used pick 60 either (their next lowest pick).  We basically just gained good favour with Sydney.

Rated the trade period as good.  If we managed to get a 2nd rounder for Connors or McGuane, it would be excellent.

and we looked after a player. It gives mitch certainty and he can get on with it..
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Gigantor

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2011, 07:35:33 PM »
pick 79 for fev??..lol

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2011, 07:41:19 PM »
We did very well i thought.

Can't mark us down for not trading spuds. We know they are spuds odds are other clubs experts know they are spuds.

Downtrading our comp pick by a few places to gain a first rounder who we can bring in immediately is a win.
Getting rid of Morton for pick 79 may not seem like a win now but if a Sydney player wants out in later years that they no longer require the goodwill may be returned.
Maric for pick 37 is a win. I base this off the fact Adelaide really didnt want pick 37 at all so we must have paid unders in a weak draft. Was effectively our 3rd pick as it turned out.
Morris for practically free is a win too.

Now to nail draft time. 1 gun mid and 1 good solid mid would be very nice. We have slightly better picks than what north had last year and they got Atley and Harper. Darling went 26 last year too. ;D

Offline Jobba

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2011, 07:49:17 PM »
Yeah I would rate it as shrewd. Especially when I glanced over Blair Hartley's chat on the Tigers website. The reality was, even though we wanted a big name, none were prepared to offer it as the reality was no-one was prepared to offer us the big names.

Anyway, my pick by pick analysis:

Pick 14 for Morris and Pick 15 (GWS) = A grade move. Take one spot back, which still should produce a player we've targetted. You would think/ hope its netted us two players who should be in the best 22 by the end of either this year, but certainly the year after next. (BTW does anyone think that with the rumours surrounding Thursfield indicate that a KPB is high on the agenda... Talia?)

Pick 37 for Ivan Maric = B+ move. I like the look of Maric but proof will be in the pudding. At the end of the day, he has given us a ruckman who can at least even up the chances for our midfield. Could be a better stop gap whilst the club either a) chace a ruckman through the draft or free agency or b) stockpile enough assets to trade for a better ruckman.

Morton for Pick 79 = D+ Grade Move. Get a higher pick 4. Again, the proof will be in the pudding in terms of what we do. I wouldn't think that they would upgrade a rookie listed player but will take an ex-AFL player, like a Pratt or someone. Depends on who gets delisted between now and the draft really. But if he was going to get pre-listed might as well get something back for him.

Compo pick (Bock) for Compo pick (N.Krakour) and pick 26 = A grade move. Give us 5 picks in the first two rounds in the next 5 years. Again, this is vitally important I think for a team that hopefully in three years time will be in a position to play deep into finals and also to be a club of preference for those who want to be traded. Like Hawthorn was this year.

Overall happy. Thinks it sets us up well asset wise for the coming years, and doesn't detract at all from the current list. I would give it a nice B+ overall. Solid effort.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2011, 07:59:08 PM »
Nice summery Jobba :thumbsup :thumbsup

dwaino

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2011, 08:06:51 PM »
I feel as if we walked away with more than we came with. So I'm happy with how we went :)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2011, 09:16:11 PM »
Good. :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2011, 01:32:43 AM »
RICHMOND
The Age's report card

IN: Ivan Maric (Adel), Steven Morris (SANFL), picks 15, 26, 79, second-round compensation selection.

OUT: Mitch Morton (Syd), picks 14, 37, end of first round compensation selection.

Minor players. Got the deal done they wanted bringing in grunt ruckman they were after before trade week - Maric. Not a huge ruck in modern terms, but a good aggressive competitor and will give good protection for Ty Vickery for the next few years. Brought in Morris and only moved one spot in draft. Basically did a deal to help Morton get where he wanted to go. No love for Luke McGuane from others.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/that-was-the-week-that-was-20111017-1ltj2.html#ixzz1b38PYJtX