Author Topic: Hardwick's contract to be extended before Round 1 (Herald-Sun)  (Read 5340 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Hardwick's contract to be extended before Round 1 (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2011, 03:44:43 PM »
I can see what people are saying but every circumstance is different.   Clarkson had won a premiership (with Dimma's help) and they were in a different situation than us.  From a premiership there is only one way and that is down (unless you win another of course).  So they were on the decline and Kennet wanted to make sure that the ship was again steering in the right direction (top four) before re-signing him.  The tiges however have started from rock bottom, a brand new side almost, and have shown improvement under Hardwick, albeit incremental.  The board realise how hard it is to improve dramatically with the two expansion clubs taking most of the elite talent.  Dimma has earnt an extension because the side has improved and he will have a difficult enough job as it is without the media circling around the club if we string a couple of losses together next year.  I know Wallace was given five years but he had lost the players totally!  Does everybody forget the player meetings and the media leaks?  He deserved not to be re-signed.
Can't anyone see the insurmountable pressure on Dimma and the team to perform if a few losses are posted?  The media loves blood.  Coaches blood in particular.  They'll stop at nothing to get it.  It would become another Richmond circus.
I'm sure the board would not extend Dimma's contract unless he fulfilled key permanence indicators that were set out for him to achieve.  I for one can easily see how he would have reached them.  I think he is doing a good job, not brilliant but solid.

Go Tiges!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2011, 03:54:57 PM »
It was interesting to see robbie deans get his contract as the australian rugby coach extended before the world cup.

ARU must be run by the same buffoons as RFC  ::)
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2011, 07:31:41 PM »
we aint in the world cup and we havent played finals in years ::)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2011, 07:45:40 PM »
No but they too are in a rebuilding phase.

It's a case of knowing where you are at and if it's about where you expected to be.

It meant that deans went into the world cup with no added pressure.
Considering that early loss made it very hard, they went deeper into the tournament than most would have expected.

They then beat wales with largely a second side (wales 2nd as well?) for 3rd so overall not a bad world cup for the wallabies.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2011, 07:48:04 PM »
Damien Hardwick should coach the Wallabies.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2011, 11:28:13 PM »
Legals are done, website will be launched next week to vote.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Balmyarmy

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2011, 01:00:44 AM »
Oh, good luck. Club is finally united, wins trending upwards, list being constantly churned, kids getting games, record memberships, off field improvement and you want to turn things upside down. Right or wrong, I think most supporters are encouraged by the last two years

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2011, 07:24:52 AM »

It's a case of knowing where you are at and if it's about where you expected to be.

Considering that early loss made it very hard, they went deeper into the tournament than most would have expected.

They then beat wales with largely a second side (wales 2nd as well?) for 3rd so overall not a bad world cup for the wallabies.

WE have been in a rebuilding phase for 30 years ::)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2011, 08:20:48 AM »

WE have been in a rebuilding phase for 30 years ::)

Crap.  But what is FACT is that you've been in a in a bitter phase for the past 6 or so years.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2011, 08:33:22 AM »
Its a myth the instability of coaches.
Spud 5 years , Wallet 5 years.
Now we are going to give a coach an extension when he still has a year to run. :banghead :banghead ::) ::)
Thats why we are where we are.
This is INSANE !
If this keeps up, I will nominate for a position on the board, wouldnt do any worse than some of the ''parasites"" there at present

Apart from the last sentence, this post is spot on. I believe we are insecure when it comes to publicly dealing with media scrutiny of our coaches. our paranoia is well founded, If we didn't re-sign Hardwick the media would be like a pack of hyenas.
Re-signing Hardwick when he has done a lot of good but achieved little in tangible on field results is a weak decision.
Holding on until the end of next year is real courage and is backing the club to manage the inevitable spotlight.

Hardwick has been a good coach but Clarkson, Worsfold and even Eade/Craig were/are all good coaches with much better records than Hardwicks and those clubs showed a strong resolve to wait.

It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2011, 08:37:37 AM »
we "'hand out "" contracts at Punt Road.

Hasn't always been the case, eh Jack?

:bow
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

tony_montana

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2011, 09:10:04 AM »
They(Benny and co) have brought it forward to cover their own arses - the very public goal of 3 finals series by 2014 means it starts next season, if it looks like we wont play finals by midseason the vultures in the media will pounce. Once again we shot ourselves in the foot with stupid public comments and now are running scared to cover for the potential public backlash if we dont fulfill those very public comments.

This club hasnt changed. Clubs should not back themselves into a corner for an all or nothing season, too many variables that can throw an individual season off course.. but we have done that all for PR all for the moment back then.

TBR you have my signature

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2011, 09:58:19 AM »
Sign him up, the day the club starts doing what Jackstar wants is when I start wearing black and white.
Lots of people name their swords......

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2011, 10:38:33 AM »

Hey Cho,

A few questions

1) What do you believe is the % chance of getting enough signatures, and what is your timing?

2) What is your/the platform at this stage.

3) What do you believe your % chance is of getting enough votes to be in a position to achieve this?

4) What do you believe is the % chance of us playing finals this coming season, and if you knew that we were going to, would it change your/the platform position?

Offline tigtuff12

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2011, 10:55:55 AM »

Hey Cho,

A few questions

1) What do you believe is the % chance of getting enough signatures, and what is your timing?

2) What is your/the platform at this stage.

3) What do you believe your % chance is of getting enough votes to be in a position to achieve this?

4) What do you believe is the % chance of us playing finals this coming season, and if you knew that we were going to, would it change your/the platform position?

^ cheers mate - was going to ask the same sort of questions but you saved me the hassle of typing them :)

...interested to hear/read the answers to these...
...the fighting fury...