Author Topic: NAB Cup 2012  (Read 25557 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: NAB Cup 2012
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2012, 02:57:30 PM »
I would just like to see us play well and at least progress to the next round of the NAB Cup....one year. I think it would give the players more confidence going into the season proper thats all.

The'y ve changed the format of the NAB cup this year WAT

It's not a "knock out" comp like previously. After round 1 where we play N0rt & hawthorn all clubs play another 2 rounds at (in most cases) proper AFL venues. With the top 2 teams payling off in the Grand Final

We play Freo in round 2 & Geelong in round 3. Out of all of those games the one I am lookng forward to the most is the game agaisnt Geelong, that will be a really good hitout/test leading into the season

I would like us to win as many as we can but if we don't then we don't and I am not going to blow a valve in the process because ultimately I'd rather win round 1against the Blues than the NAB cup & IMHO that's what we should gearing ourselves for not winning glorified praccfy matches.. :thumbsup ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2012, 03:34:55 PM »

Ok, sorry, we could beat the Roos and Hawks, hows that, but more pesimistic than optimistic for mine....while yes I agree there are "so many contrary factors involved" if we go in with just about a full side other than Riewoldt, gee we should win....wouldn't you think??

I would just like to see us play well and at least progress to the next round of the NAB Cup....one year. I think it would give the players more confidence going into the season proper thats all.

You certainly would hope that a full side would see us very very competitive against the Roos especially.  And I do agree with you re: boosting the player's confidence - that is one possible benefit from a couple of practice match wins, just so long as it doesn't have the same effect on their egos!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2012, 03:49:41 PM »

The'y ve changed the format of the NAB cup this year WAT

It's not a "knock out" comp like previously. After round 1 where we play N0rt & hawthorn all clubs play another 2 rounds at (in most cases) proper AFL venues. With the top 2 teams payling off in the Grand Final

We play Freo in round 2 & Geelong in round 3. Out of all of those games the one I am lookng forward to the most is the game agaisnt Geelong, that will be a really good hitout/test leading into the season

I would like us to win as many as we can but if we don't then we don't and I am not going to blow a valve in the process because ultimately I'd rather win round 1against the Blues than the NAB cup & IMHO that's what we should gearing ourselves for not winning glorified praccfy matches.. :thumbsup ;D

God am I that far away I cant even keep up with format changes......who is our Captain again..... :lol

All good then, at least as you say we will get to play at proper AFL venues regardless... :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2012, 03:52:22 PM »

Ok, sorry, we could beat the Roos and Hawks, hows that, but more pesimistic than optimistic for mine....while yes I agree there are "so many contrary factors involved" if we go in with just about a full side other than Riewoldt, gee we should win....wouldn't you think??

You certainly would hope that a full side would see us very very competitive against the Roos especially.  And I do agree with you re: boosting the player's confidence - that is one possible benefit from a couple of practice match wins, just so long as it doesn't have the same effect on their egos!

I would like to think that after last years ego boosting games that then saw us brought down to earth the players would of learnt something....Lets hope so eh!!!

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2012, 07:15:29 PM »
Richmond has no major injury concerns at this stage of the campaign, and will look to give all of its star players a hitout during the pre-season competition, which kicks off on February 17.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/128315/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2012, 03:31:58 PM »
Not the most reliable source but here it is anyway:

HAWTHORN could wheel out their biggest guns early into the annual NAB Cup summer series with projection to a confronting start to the AFL premiership season.

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2012/01/31/hawks-to-wheel-out-their-big-guns/

Sounds like a few more sides are planning to treat the NAB Cup as a more serious hitout this time around. The Lions plan to play near their best side as well after coping floggings in the NAB Cup last year...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/128357/default.aspx

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2012, 06:45:35 PM »
I don't think it's to do with treating the NAB Cup seriously this year, it's probably more about getting games into the players earlier and getting the round one squad playing together earlier.

"Rucks:

gerkin greg

« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2012, 09:19:11 PM »
Agree big fella. We should do the same, need to be up and running early with our horror draw

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2012, 09:30:17 PM »
Agree big fella. We should do the same, need to be up and running early with our horror draw

Dead right, also should make the NAB a bit more exciting if most clubs have the same forethought.

We do need to it though, with Maric, Ellis, Morris etc.... coming in they need to be worked into the game plan and see how they cope. Should be the side Hardwick expects to field RD1, or close enough to it.

"Rucks:

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2012, 09:43:58 AM »
Feb is here. Footy is close. :)

gerkin greg

« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2012, 08:41:23 PM »
So is Dookie's parole
Just needs to get registered then watch him goooooo

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2012, 08:58:37 PM »
So is Dookie's parole

I love being inside especially with you

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2012, 10:21:08 PM »
Feb is here. Footy is close. :)

16 days to NAB Cup
57 days till we play the filth.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2012, 10:23:41 PM »
So is Dookie's parole

I read the other day Dooks is trying to sue the judges because they are going to deny him?
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2012, 11:13:46 PM »
Dookie loves a crooked judge...especially one that's on the take under the table style.