Author Topic: No Excuses  (Read 85745 times)

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
Re: No Excuses
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2011, 07:04:32 PM »
so you are categorically saying that what happened to them would not be a valid reason for missing the finals?

No, I said I don't care what happend to them or any other team. We are talking about the RFC making the finals in 2012 with no excuses, not any other team.

The team went down in an plane crash.

The problem isnt your stuffing opinions. You are as entitled to an opinion as any of us. IT'S HOW YOU DELIVER IT. You shove it down peoples throats .

You say that pope might be "in for it" on your silly thread. Why would he be???????????

If he posts it like a raving lunatic 173 times in two days, people might have a go at him.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 08:37:52 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2011, 07:18:54 PM »
I think we should win 12 - 15 games next year. 12 as a minimum, 15 we have played out of our skins.

That assumes an average run with injuries.

Now that probably means finals, but if we won 12 games and it was a freak year when 12 didn't get in I wouldn't consider it a failure.

If we won less than 12 given a fair run with injuries I would end Hardwick's tenure.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #92 on: November 15, 2011, 07:34:41 PM »
O.K WAT, List the games here and now we should Win next season and why. After there played we can then debate wher it all went wron (If it does) ;) ;)

Give me a list of the games then.

Huh :huh :huh Re read my post......Can you please list the games you think we "SHOULD" win so we can make sense of this quote.
I am interested in the RFC making the finals in 2012 without making excusesevery time we lose games we should win.

Is that clearer for you :lol :lol

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #93 on: November 15, 2011, 07:38:11 PM »
Ok here we go, found this list...

Richmond's 2012 draw.

R1 Carlton H (Win, don't rate Carlton do I WP, never have, they cant get past the same final every year we were so close last year, we have a better midfield and forward line and now we have an extra ruck man and hard nut to go with Tuck. Want  to talk improvement then this is the game to win))

R2 Geelong A SS (Loss, mentally weak against this team, just cant ever get the business done.)

R3 Collingwood H (Win, really had a decent crack at them last year and could of easily won, need to believe in themselves here, could actually be a decent win.)

R4 West Coast A (Win, we play well at Subi, belief again, we have a much better midfield then them and once the crowd is shut up and we stay focused a win is on)

R5 Hawthorn H (Win, really for some reason other than Buddy we seem to get stage fright when playing this team, have beaten them against the odds and lost when we should of won. Must harden up in this game, Grimes on Buddy, beat them early in the season)

R6 Essendon A (Win, seriously where are this team at...playing on emotion from James Hird, get over it Tigers and harden up again. smash them through the centre and run the legs off them.)

R7 Sydney A (Loss, hate playing Sydney at the best of times, in particular in Sydney, they are one team that never gives up and we cant handle that fact mentally, would be an astounding win if....)

R8 Port Adelaide H Darwin (Win, NO EXCUSES dont be silly, dont win this, they are in front of everyones so called development and they shouldn't be)

R9 Adelaide A (Win, Improve you say then we have to win this..better team all round then the Crows)

R10 Gold Coast H Cairns (Win, we should be at least 2 years ahead of this team, really looked liked fools against them last year)

R11 Brisbane A (Win, honestly are they still in the AFL, worst recruiting since us a few years ago, simply do not have the class of our midfield.)

R12 Geelong H (Loss, should get closer this time, hopefuly within the 20-30 point range, but alas they are a great team.

R13 Collingwood A (Loss, the Pies will be on top of their game at this stage of the seasin ind hard to beat, could pull it off but I doubt it.)

R14 Hawthorn A (Loss, things will be falling into place for the Hawks around now, they will win but this is the time of the year they can be easily beaten)

R15 StKilda H Dome (Win, should have beaten them last year, another no excuse game, we are a musch faster side and should clean them up easily)

R16 Bulldogs H Dome (Win....Please, this was the game this year that started the rot, the loss of self confidence etc.....the Dogs period is over, has been for a while. should do this one easily.)

R17 Melbourne A (Win, way better team than Melbourne, way better, they can't cover Scully, their youth is not that good and their older players will not have anything left in the tank.)

R18 Carlton H (Loss, carlton will be preparing to make it to the finals to lose again, prime time to take them but a game we could go in as favourites and blow like we usually do)

R19 Fremantle A (Loss, while we play well against them I think they will be up and about next year, very hard to beat them at home when they are like this.)

R20 North Melb H (Win, they beat us too easily and its payback time, our youth is better than thiers and Boomer can't keep that pace up all year again...surley)

R21 Essendon H (Win, falling appart for the Bombers by now, everyone will be onto Hirds game plan and our players should have the game time in their legs....shouldn't they...)

R22 West Coast H (Win, simple, they still find it hard to play and win away in Melbourne and we love playing them there. Might be too cocky if they are in the top 6)

R23 Gold Coast A (Win, No Excuses)

R24 GWS A (Win, No Excuses)

So there you go, 17 wins out of 24 for me.....yep call me what you will but we can do it.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: November 15, 2011, 07:40:17 PM »
so you are categorically saying that what happened to them would not be a valid reason for missing the finals?

No, I said I don't care what happend to them or any other team. We are talking about the RFC making the finals in 2012 with no excuses, not any other team.

The team went down in an plane crash. .

The problem isnt your stuffing opinions. You are as entitled to an opinion as any of us. IT'S HOW YOU DELIVER IT. You shove it down peoples throats .

You say that pope might be "in for it" on your silly thread. Why would he be???????????

If he posts it like a raving lunatic 173 times in two days, people might have a go at him.

Yep good on you champ!!!!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 08:38:27 PM by WilliamPowell »

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #95 on: November 15, 2011, 07:42:54 PM »
Not a bad assessment, WT. Not sure about rounds 1 and 3 but I'd fancy Sydney away, so I see a good chance for 16 at best.

Certainly 12 - 16 should be minimum and that should mean finals.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #96 on: November 15, 2011, 07:46:18 PM »

So there you go, 17 wins out of 24 for me.....yep call me what you will but we can do it.

We play 22 games.

Not 24.

There are only 23 rounds, and we have a bye

http://www.afl.com.au/2012%20fixture/tabid/10586/default.aspx

Try again
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 07:51:42 PM by WilliamPowell »

dwaino

« Reply #97 on: November 15, 2011, 07:47:53 PM »

A moron.

We play 22 games.

Not 24.

Try again

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #98 on: November 15, 2011, 07:50:41 PM »
 :lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #99 on: November 15, 2011, 07:51:23 PM »
Ok here we go, found this list...

Richmond's 2012 draw.

Hate to break it to you WAT but what you listed that isn't our draw as pointed out by damo

Only 22 rounds next season with 1 bye

FWIW this is our 2012 draw:

1. Carlton              MCG                      Home         
2. Collingwood       MCG                      Away         
3. Melboune           MCG                      Home       
4. Geelong            Simonds Stadium    Away         
5. West Coast       Etihad Stadium        Home         
6. Port Adelaide     AAMI Stadium          Away         
7. Sydney              MCG                       Home       
8. Essendon           MCG                       Away       
9. Hawthorn           MCG                      Home       
10. St Kilda            Etihad Stadium        Away       
11. Fremantle        MCG                      Home         
12. GWS                Skoda Stadium       Away       
13. Bye
14. Adelaide           AAMI Stadium         Away         
15. Melbourne        MCG                       Away       
16. Gold Coast       Cazalys Stadium      Home       
17. North Melb       MCG                       Home       
18. Carlton             MCG                      Away       
19. Brisbane           'Gabba                   Away               
20. Bulldogs            MCG                     Home         
21. Fremantle         Patersons Stadium  Away       
22. Essendon          MCG                     Home               
23. Port Adelaide     MCG                     Home           

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #100 on: November 15, 2011, 07:52:10 PM »

We play 22 games.

Not 24.

Try again

Thats not very nice Damo??  :banghead
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 07:52:38 PM by WilliamPowell »
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #101 on: November 15, 2011, 07:53:55 PM »
Well thats te list of games I got off the 2012 game thread on this forum.....so take out the ones that are not there and thats my list.

"Rucks:

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #102 on: November 15, 2011, 07:54:05 PM »
And BTW we had another thread going with how many games people thought we'd win in 2012

See:

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=14363.0
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 08:39:11 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #103 on: November 15, 2011, 07:57:13 PM »
Well thats te list of games I got off the 2012 game thread on this forum.....so take out the ones that are not there and thats my list.

I think you found the "dummy" draw that some put up as a joke

There is stand alone thread for the 2012 draw that is "stickied" on the first page othe Richmond Rant Forum

See: http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=14362.0

And BTW what you are suggesting wont work there are teams we play twice in the "real" draw that aren't in the list you did

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #104 on: November 15, 2011, 07:57:51 PM »

The team went down in an plane crash.

Gee if the RFC was taken down in a plane crash would that affect their finals chances....um, , do you think it would affect their chances..... How many other examples of pure stupidity do you wnat to use????
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 08:42:52 PM by WilliamPowell »

"Rucks: