Author Topic: No Excuses  (Read 85713 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: No Excuses
« Reply #285 on: December 22, 2011, 07:30:03 PM »
You'll be glad to know WAT that your slogan "no excuses" got a run at the AGM last night  ;).

Please MT....do tell ....US ALL!!!!! :lol

Can't.  All those who attended were sworn to secrecy.   :shh

:rollin :rollin not this time

When Dimma was speaking he said that the year of transformation is over, over the last 2 years we sacrificed results for getting games into the kids but that is now over. Games wouldn't be given they would no be earnt because now it's about result ...... wait for it..................

NO EXCUSES

****At this point I cracked up  ;D

I bet you and the rest of the members on this forum that attended thought of me didn't you.... :lol, go on you can say it.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #286 on: December 22, 2011, 10:22:43 PM »
I bet you and the rest of the members on this forum that attended thought of me didn't you.... :lol, go on you can say it.

Yeah I did ... I thought thank goodness WAT isn't here, his gloating would be unbearable  ;D :rollin ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #287 on: December 24, 2011, 02:35:14 PM »
WAT had no excuse NOT to be there and gloat  :rollin
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #288 on: December 24, 2011, 06:46:22 PM »

Appart from the fact I live and work in Africa......No no excuse whatsoever.... :wallywink

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #289 on: December 24, 2011, 06:49:43 PM »

Appart from the fact I live and work in Africa......No no excuse whatsoever.... :wallywink

You should have done a "Gary March" and sent through a video message; a video gloat  ;D

Have a good Xmas WAT
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #290 on: December 24, 2011, 06:51:48 PM »
WAT

My PA is from Nambia

She still raves about the place.

Only trouble is she got to the stage where she would get home, lock the kids in the car, take her gun out of her handbag and check the house for intruders.

She still can't believe how well we have it here in Australia.

'65

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #291 on: December 24, 2011, 08:28:14 PM »

C'mon WAT, you can't use that old chestnut!

Don't be a nambia pambia!
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #292 on: December 26, 2011, 05:06:17 AM »

Yeah I did ... I thought thank goodness WAT isn't here, his gloating would be unbearable  ;D :rollin ;D

I can't wait to have a beer with one day WP.......lots of laughs mate... :thumbsup

"Rucks:

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #293 on: December 26, 2011, 05:08:46 AM »
WAT

My PA is from Nambia

She still raves about the place.

Only trouble is she got to the stage where she would get home, lock the kids in the car, take her gun out of her handbag and check the house for intruders.

She still can't believe how well we have it here in Australia.

'65

I know mate, very different here....but fantastic as your PA said... Great to see you posting more too...hope all is well.. ;)

"Rucks:

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #294 on: December 26, 2011, 05:10:48 AM »

C'mon WAT, you can't use that old chestnut!

Don't be a nambia pambia! ;D

Hahaha.....merry Xmas y&b. ;D

"Rucks:

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #295 on: January 06, 2012, 05:18:18 AM »
Luv ya Gerks......

"No reason whatsoever we can't make the 8 next year, it's also not mutually exclusive with rebuilding the list. It is possible to win games and still draft, and trade, well.

There is not usually a lot - if anything - between the sides that finish 7-10, except 2 sides play in September and 2 sides make excuses.
What was our record against those sides this year? You only have to beat those below and around you to make it, you don't have to be knocking off Top 4 sides. That's not overrating the list, that's certainly close to where we should be at next year. We may not win a final but we should aiming to play one, bare minimum. That's not a false expectation either, I'm more than aware of how far back we've had to come from and how much further we have to go.

This whole can't make the finals for 4(+) years while rebuilding is new age rubbish and nothing more than an excuse for mediocrity both on and off-field. 2014 realistic? Setting the bar embarrassingly low there. Should have aspirations to be entrenched in the middle of the 8 by then."

FROM GERKS.....

"Rucks:

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #296 on: January 06, 2012, 05:50:19 AM »

gerkin greg

« Reply #297 on: January 06, 2012, 12:57:15 PM »
Luv ya Gerks......

"No reason whatsoever we can't make the 8 next year, it's also not mutually exclusive with rebuilding the list. It is possible to win games and still draft, and trade, well.

There is not usually a lot - if anything - between the sides that finish 7-10, except 2 sides play in September and 2 sides make excuses.
What was our record against those sides this year? You only have to beat those below and around you to make it, you don't have to be knocking off Top 4 sides. That's not overrating the list, that's certainly close to where we should be at next year. We may not win a final but we should aiming to play one, bare minimum. That's not a false expectation either, I'm more than aware of how far back we've had to come from and how much further we have to go.

This whole can't make the finals for 4(+) years while rebuilding is new age rubbish and nothing more than an excuse for mediocrity both on and off-field. 2014 realistic? Setting the bar embarrassingly low there. Should have aspirations to be entrenched in the middle of the 8 by then."

FROM GERKS.....

So I said in one post what took you 20 pages
No surprises there  :lol

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #298 on: January 06, 2012, 02:49:16 PM »
Luv ya Gerks......

FROM GERKS.....

So I said in one post what took you 20 pages
No surprises there  :lol

The Gerkster is with me...NO EXCUSES...he just forgot. We Gerkman we have a big yerar ahead buddy, its ok, I will stick with you if we start losing mate.... :thumbsup :lol

"Rucks:

gerkin greg

« Reply #299 on: January 06, 2012, 03:07:24 PM »
This is great news WAT  :clapping