Author Topic: No Excuses  (Read 85742 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: No Excuses
« Reply #360 on: April 08, 2012, 09:09:15 PM »
This year we have a very good team IMO, apart from one player.......what are your thoughts??

But IMHO we don't have a "very good team" we are still a long way off against the top teams in the comp and newsflash, C'wood are a very very good team, even when they are playing crap.

So last night's result was no great surprise, we lost a game in the space of 7 minutes. Only positive is that we didn't drop our heads and get blown away. the other thing last night showed is that we cannot afford to have a good players playing badly agaisnt top opposition - that aint no excuse that is reality

What it showed is what the Tigers need to aspire to be and get too.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #361 on: April 08, 2012, 09:29:11 PM »
This year we have a very good team IMO, apart from one player.......what are your thoughts??

But IMHO we don't have a "very good team" we are still a long way off against the top teams in the comp and newsflash, C'wood are a very very good team, even when they are playing crap.

So last night's result was no great surprise, we lost a game in the space of 7 minutes. Only positive is that we didn't drop our heads and get blown away. the other thing last night showed is that we cannot afford to have a good players playing badly agaisnt top opposition - that aint no excuse that is reality

What it showed is what the Tigers need to aspire to be and get too.

Well WP, when will we have a very good team mate.....what year....if ever?

And our good players have done nothing so far, that is a problem and has made us look like an average side, which I don't think we are.....IMO.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #362 on: April 08, 2012, 09:50:45 PM »

And our good players have done nothing so far, that is a problem and has made us look like an average side, which I don't think we are.....IMO.

WAT - I agree with you about our top players, as I said last night proved we cannot afford for those players to play badly.

When will we have a good side? I would think based on the age and experience of our list I would say 2013-2018 are the years when we should be playing finals. IMV we have the nucleus of a good side but we still have far too many holes that need to filled. Just for starters we have 2 key backs in Rance & Grimes (who hasn't started 2012 well btw). Again IMV we need at least another one possible 2. We covered off on "in & under" mids but need a couple of outside mids who can kick

I know you don't want to hear this but we really don't have great depth because we have a young squad, hence why we still have too many list cloggers like Jackson & Connors.

I've said it before you are expecting kids in their 2nd & 3rd years to carry us to the holy grail. It aint going to happen in 2012 and probably wont happen in 2013. Finals are possible in 2012 but so many things need to go right. Losing players like King & Helbig for extended periods don't help the cause

Reece Conca is going to be a very good player but it is only his 2nd season and simply because it his 2nd season he is going to have good games and he will have shockers, ditto Batchelor. Morris has started really well but it is his first season and he will have shockers; ditto Ellis. Dusty Martin is going to be a gun but what we have learnt 2 games into his 2nd season is he still has a lot to learn especially when it comes to defensive pressure. there's not a doubt in mind that opposition clubs have worked out that they can attack through Martin because the defensive side to his game has glaring holes. But as I said 3rd season in this deficiency isn't a great surprise

Want me to go on? Or are you just going to throw back at me I am making excuses. 

I ask you this out of our entire list how many players would get games as "first picked players" at Geelong, Hawthorn or the Pies? Answer that honestly and you may start to acknowledge that we still have a fair way to go

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #363 on: April 08, 2012, 10:03:16 PM »

WAT - I agree with you about our top players, as I said last night proved we cannot afford for those players to play badly.

When will we have a good side? I would think based on the age and experience of our list I would say 2013-2018 are the years when we should be playing finals. IMV we have the nucleus of a good side but we still have far too many holes that need to filled. Just for starters we have 2 key backs in Rance & Grimes (who hasn't started 2012 well btw). Again IMV we need at least another one possible 2. We covered off on "in & under" mids but need a couple of outside mids who can kick

I know you don't want to hear this but we really don't have great depth because we have a young squad, hence why we still have too many list cloggers like Jackson & Connors.

I've said it before you are expecting kids in their 2nd & 3rd years to carry us to the holy grail. It aint going to happen in 2012 and probably wont happen in 2013. Finals are possible in 2012 but so many things need to go right. Losing players like King & Helbig for extended periods don't help the cause

Reece Conca is going to be a very good player but it is only his 2nd season and simply because it his 2nd season he is going to have good games and he will have shockers, ditto Batchelor. Morris has started really well but it is his first season and he will have shockers; ditto Ellis. Dusty Martin is going to be a gun but what we have learnt 2 games into his 2nd season is he still has a lot to learn especially when it comes to defensive pressure. there's not a doubt in mind that opposition clubs have worked out that they can attack through Martin because the defensive side to his game has glaring holes. But as I said 3rd season in this deficiency isn't a great surprise

Want me to go on? Or are you just going to throw back at me I am making excuses. 

I ask you this out of our entire list how many players would get games as "first picked players" at Geelong, Hawthorn or the Pies? Answer that honestly and you may start to acknowledge that we still have a fair way to go

Yeah, would have to agree, we just aren't there yet are we, I really thought we had a better team and with the good players we have playing average at best, we are in a world of pain at the moment.

Even if we beat the Dees I won't be taking anything out of it. :-\

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #364 on: April 09, 2012, 08:29:47 AM »
keeping your expectations realistic will reduce your disappointments.

1-4 is not unexpected, but we do need a big win over melbourne to help our %, which will most likely take a pummelling against the hawks
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #365 on: April 09, 2012, 08:47:13 AM »
keeping your expectations realistic will reduce your disappointments.

1-4 is not unexpected, but we do need a big win over melbourne to help our %, which will most likely take a pummelling against the hawks

I reckon Ross Smith will help us be more competitive vs Hawks.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #366 on: April 09, 2012, 09:05:03 AM »
i hope your right Y&B. I have great trepidation of the that game.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #367 on: April 29, 2012, 05:49:45 PM »
Fire away.....weather, youth, umpires, Mars circling Venus...

Honestly, we are stuffing weak, mentally, we just don't have it, nothing has improved....

NO EXCUSES, none anymore, accept if you want, I don't.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

stuff I have just about had enough of this club....Really...WTF

"Rucks:

Offline The Mole

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #368 on: April 29, 2012, 05:51:43 PM »
ditto

Offline The Mole

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #369 on: April 29, 2012, 05:55:53 PM »
i bet my balls we will get pumped next week   :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #370 on: April 29, 2012, 05:56:48 PM »
thanks WAT, i needed a laugh about now

Offline Balmyarmy

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #371 on: April 29, 2012, 05:58:53 PM »
Agree 100%.  Another year down the gurgler. A win today or last week could have changed the culture of the club. Fact is, players like matty white butchered his inside 50 in last minute and missed set shots to our guns yet again failed to get us over the line.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #372 on: April 29, 2012, 06:08:06 PM »
thanks WAT, i needed a laugh about now

The only laugh you should be having al is at our supposed team, mate if you can't now see it and have excuses perhaps you should play for us.

Really, what a pathetic response, why don't you comment on the pee weak team instead of replying like a fool......

Idiot!!!!! And stuffing insipid team!

"Rucks:

Offline Hank44

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #373 on: April 29, 2012, 06:09:21 PM »
Agreed, White is not up to AFL standard. Nahas is a trier but lacks composure and polish for a small forward. Also, can anyone explain why we weren't allowed to take advantage with a few minutes to go and the ball spilled to Deledio in the centre square???

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #374 on: April 29, 2012, 06:10:45 PM »
and again. :lol
not a lot of point in trying to engage in a sensible conversation as you seem hell bent on looking for someone to take your frustrations out on.