Author Topic: No Excuses  (Read 85662 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: No Excuses
« Reply #390 on: July 01, 2012, 12:20:47 PM »
Well maybe we will get there in 2050.... Why not look that ar ahead....when do the excuses stop....no other team or supporters accept it but w do..

I am over it. NO MORE EXCUSES! stuffing stand up Richmond, 30+ point lead.....please....NO EXCUSES!!!!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

the claw

« Reply #391 on: July 01, 2012, 12:39:45 PM »
Well maybe we will get there in 2050.... Why not look that ar ahead....when do the excuses stop....no other team or supporters accept it but w do..

I am over it. NO MORE EXCUSES! stuffing stand up Richmond, 30+ point lead.....please....NO EXCUSES!!!!!!
if you didnt have unrealistic expectations to start with you wouldnt be so disappointed.

if you can see the lack of quality, the lack of depth, the lack of expeience the lack of games played all kpi for finals teams,  then you would not be upset.
clearly you cant see these things and thus have unrealistic expectations and get all upset.

the simple truth is until we actually improve these things we will continue to lose just as many as we win if not more. i dont see excuses with a lot of posters but just a bit of realism.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #392 on: July 01, 2012, 12:46:08 PM »

if you didnt have unrealistic expectations to start with you wouldnt be so disappointed.

if you can see the lack of quality, the lack of depth, the lack of expeience the lack of games played all kpi for finals teams,  then you would not be upset.
clearly you cant see these things and thus have unrealistic expectations and get all upset.

the simple truth is until we actually improve these things we will continue to lose just as many as we win if not more. i dont see excuses with a lot of posters but just a bit of realism.

When Claw, when, how much longer?? Other clubs have done it in less time and more than once....30 years....when???

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

the claw

« Reply #393 on: July 01, 2012, 01:12:47 PM »

When Claw, when, how much longer?? Other clubs have done it in less time and more than once....30 years....when???
to be honest i cant tell ya.  but i can tell ya  im pretty sure it wont be until kpis like depth experience quality and games played are met. this yr we dont tick any of those boxes and if finals did happen it would be a bonus. it takes time to get enough players into those categories especially when you come from so far back. the thing is a lot of players in the gun to be cut at seasons end are in those categories.

get 15 players into the 25 plus age bracket. get 12 or so good players into the 100game plus category,  get another 10 with more than 50 games  find two or three more high quality players and get 6 0r 8 decent players outside your best 22 and your there. we are nowhere near it and it takes time.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #394 on: July 01, 2012, 02:18:17 PM »
TBH PNQWAT the fact this thread is in its 27th page speaks volumes for where we are at as a supporter base.
No excuses for this dribble but we still participate, go figure  :huh
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #395 on: July 01, 2012, 03:45:21 PM »
Quote from: PNGQ Tiger

which club has had to strip everything back bare, in terms of playing list and game plan the way we have and shown more improvement.

Has any club even been as perennially poo as we were, to actually compare improvement from such a low base?

which club has gone from a soulless, directionless, basket case to a genuine contender in 3 years?

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #396 on: July 01, 2012, 04:00:29 PM »

which club has had to strip everything back bare, in terms of playing list and game plan the way we have and shown more improvement.

Has any club even been as perennially poo as we were, to actually compare improvement from such a low base?

which club has gone from a soulless, directionless, basket case to a genuine contender in 3 years?

Hawthorn

you forget how bad they actually were

who said we should be a contender in 3 years?

You are kidding yourself if you think Dimma and the RFC were preparing for finals this year. Damm straight they were

Everyone expects finals this year, even though Dimma doesnt say it. Everyone wants to do it for Newman

Reality is we are not good enough with this list.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #397 on: July 01, 2012, 04:35:04 PM »
Just watched an interview with Scott Watters, he says that they don't accept excuses when they lose or lose the close games. He also said that the entire group always believe that they can beat anyone in the comp.....

Gee Scott lucky you don't coach our bunch where some supporters and players do accept the excuses!!!

"Rucks:

Tigermonk

« Reply #398 on: July 01, 2012, 05:15:11 PM »
Let the club with new facilities & with the group of players work hard. If they want it bad enough these players will produce.
A list under Hardwick needs another year.

took along time to build the Realto Tower  ;D

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #399 on: July 01, 2012, 06:18:12 PM »

Hawthorn

You are kidding yourself if you think Dimma and the RFC were preparing for finals this year. Damm straight they were

Everyone expects finals this year, even though Dimma doesnt say it. Everyone wants to do it for Newman

perhaps you should actually read the conversation so you understand the context in which comments are made. a bit of thought before posting wouldnt go astray either.

shall we look at the record of hawthorns 5 years before clarksdon took over (15,9,10,6,8, (thats 2 final series in 5 years)) to ours before dimma took over?(15,9,16,9,12, (how many finals in 5 years?))go back  10 years and it gets worse 20? 30?

no comparison. they may have had a couple of poor years, which is part of the cycle, but were nowhere near the perennial basket case we were. no club has been as bad as us for so long in recent times. no club has started their "rebuild" so far behind in terms of personnel and culture.

as for the three years, if you read the conversation or comprehended what was said you would know that WAT was bemoaning that other clubs turn things around quicker than us. well we are into hardwicks third year, so quicker than us means three years or under.

pretty simple really. I'd have thought that even a simple mind would grasp that concept.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #400 on: July 01, 2012, 06:40:20 PM »

Hawthorn

perhaps you should actually read the conversation so you understand the context in which comments are made. a bit of thought before posting wouldnt go astray either.

shall we look at the record of hawthorns 5 years before clarksdon took over (15,9,10,6,8, (thats 2 final series in 5 years)) to ours before dimma took over?(15,9,16,9,12, (how many finals in 5 years?))go back  10 years and it gets worse 20? 30?

no comparison. they may have had a couple of poor years, which is part of the cycle, but were nowhere near the perennial basket case we were. no club has been as bad as us for so long in recent times. no club has started their "rebuild" so far behind in terms of personnel and culture.

as for the three years, if you read the conversation or comprehended what was said you would know that WAT was bemoaning that other clubs turn things around quicker than us. well we are into hardwicks third year, so quicker than us means three years or under.

pretty simple really. I'd have thought that even a simple mind would grasp that concept.

actually its very similar, thanks for aiding my argument

lets do go back further then.  Hawthorn was a club who was struggling off and on field and was staring down the barrel of a merger what 15 years ago. Yet you think they werent as bad as us in the last 10-15 years

Lets not forget most on here was very supportive of TW in his 3rd and 4th year saying he needs more time, their just kidsbla bla bla

facts are the club wanted and expected finals this year.

FWIW i still believe if the likes of Gypsy's, Fre4o or Stkilda can make the 8 then why the stuff cant we.

How is our cattle any different than them

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #401 on: July 01, 2012, 06:56:34 PM »
have any of "them" turned over the players we have in the last two years?
do any of them still have to turn over another large number of players at least once, maybe twice more?

dont confuse a clubs finacial state with the football side of things. from hawthorns premiership in 1991 to their next in 2008 the most they went without a finals appearance is 6 years. in that time they played finals in 9 years out of 18, but you think they were a basket case like us?

if you think that record is similar to ours, or even playing 2 finals series in 5 years is similar to playing none...well what more can be said?

Think I'll take wp's advice on this one as you obviously dont comprehend just how bad we were when hardwick took over

the claw

« Reply #402 on: July 01, 2012, 09:07:04 PM »
have any of "them" turned over the players we have in the last two years?
do any of them still have to turn over another large number of players at least once, maybe twice more?

dont confuse a clubs finacial state with the football side of things. from hawthorns premiership in 1991 to their next in 2008 the most they went without a finals appearance is 6 years. in that time they played finals in 9 years out of 18, but you think they were a basket case like us?

if you think that record is similar to ours, or even playing 2 finals series in 5 years is similar to playing none...well what more can be said?

Think I'll take wp's advice on this one as you obviously dont comprehend just how bad we were when hardwick took over
while we may vigorously disagree on player merit and worth on this we are in total agreeance.

when can we realistically and confidently expect to make finals. i ask it without the b/s and spin a club must put on things to get supporters and members in.

the real question is not when will we make it but do we meet the key criteria that will enable us to make it.
fail to understand what the criteria is and expectations can go thru the roof. fail to achieve the criteria yr after yr and you wont make finals.

to me and ive spoken about this lots of times on all sites the important criteria are.

1/ age groups - can people remember wallace bemoaning not having enough good players in the critical age group well he wasnt just peeing in the wind. what are  the critical age groups. 22 thru 24 and 25 thru 28 and onwards.
an example of us lacking in this area is the simple fact that at the start of the season we had  just 9 players aged 25 or more. they were maric, moore, king, mcguane, tuck, newman, foley, miller, and jackson. the age problem is then exacerbated by the over all quality of the players in this bracket. 7 of those 9 are likely to be gone within two yrs. so when the next tier like deledio derickx white nahas and graham step into this senior category  the numbers wont be alleviated. the simple fact is the next tier to step up are mostly in the gun themselves. we either wait till enough good players develop and fall into this category or we can speed it up a bit by targeting a few mature types the reality is there is no quick solution to this.

2/ games played  - which is directly linked to age but is also different. examples of why we dont put em all in one category is.  morris and derickx are in  critical age brackets but at the same time very inexpeienced when it comes to games played.
at the start of the season we had just 6 100 gamers and again the overall quality has to be called into question ffs miller was  one of the 6. to go with this we had just 10 who had managed 50 to 99 games and again the likes of moore white edwards king mcguane  and nahas made up the bulk of these numbers where was the quality.

3/ depth - again is loosly linked to the first two but is different depth is about having enough players in all positions to cover for injury and poor form its about having enough proven players who are up to standard.
surely i dont have to go into this the problem is there for all to see in most areas.

4/ quality of players - must have a good spread of high quality players thru the entire squad. and at the other end at least enough players who are up to standard.
simply put we dont have enough top end talent and the simple fact we play each week with a terrible bottom 6 in the 22 says we dont meet either criteria yet. we may have a fair few pieces of this puzzle in our system but that comes back to development time and patience. some things it seems people have run out of.

5/ list structure - is related to depth . must have enough of each type in your system at the needed stages of development that will allow you to cover for injury form  and importantly development. player type and things like size height all fall into this category.
imo the list lacks about 4 genuine mids it lacks another competetive ruckman and one of quality in early development. it lacks a genuine big bodied fb and it lacks polished small forwards. mids aside we do have good numbers in most areas but we dont have the required quality or enough developed enough to help out and make a difference this yr.

it been plain all yr that this yr the 22 has needed a ruckman forward. a genuine second kpf, at least 3 genuine mids. a big bodied reliable key defender and goal kicking small/med forwards. again we may or may not have them in our system and we need to develop them.

anyway thats enough dribble the above is a pretty good reason imo why we should not have had expectations on the 8 this yr the above sort of says that the 8 next yr may not be a realistic goal either.

at the end of 2009 i thought we had only 5 or 6  definate long term keepers we now have about 16 with a few younger players who we should be able to add to the list in the future as well. we are getting there but it does take time.

for me the main aim for next yr should be to improve the bottom 6 in the 22 and build some actual depth.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #403 on: July 02, 2012, 01:22:11 PM »
We will make finals this year.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #404 on: July 02, 2012, 05:45:55 PM »
We will make finals this year.

We will?