Author Topic: No Excuses  (Read 85679 times)

the claw

Re: No Excuses
« Reply #405 on: July 02, 2012, 08:39:27 PM »
We will make finals this year.

We will?
without a doubt we are some sort of chance. next yr we may not.  thats just a case of where the list is at.
god help us if we scrape in this yr and fail next yr. expectations will be extreme but the kpis  say its just as likely we will miss.

tony_montana

« Reply #406 on: July 02, 2012, 10:05:42 PM »
finals 2012 = gonski  imho

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #407 on: July 02, 2012, 10:21:28 PM »
Finals will be nice and a reward for the development of the squad, we won't win the flag its hardly the end of the world without finals.

Regardless of where we finish this year the blow torch will be on us to play finals as a pass mark.
Go Tigers!

tony_montana

« Reply #408 on: July 02, 2012, 10:49:27 PM »
Finals will be nice and a reward for the development of the squad, we won't win the flag its hardly the end of the world without finals.

Regardless of where we finish this year the blow torch will be on us to play finals as a pass mark.

Sorry pope don't agree with that, you rarely just waltz to a premiership, u need to do the hard yards, firstly as a regular finals side, then you learn from those experiences and try and take the next step to serious finals contender. Not to mention how good it would be corporate $$$ wise if we scrape in and play finals as opposed to finishing 9th or 10th
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 02:09:45 AM by tony_montana »

Offline rfctigers05

• Premiership Captain
  • Like the Tigers of Old
« Reply #409 on: July 03, 2012, 12:36:52 AM »
Rubbish people
Bombers pinched 93 And Hawks2008
You strike when you can
Making the finals for two years doesn't guarantee glory look at🐭enz crappy blues
I'm out of excuses and patience
I want success
Roy From Coburg
RFC
Truly my dear in this world a square is not round-Don Giovanni

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #410 on: July 03, 2012, 08:04:27 PM »

Agree, but it was gone before the injuries, still too many free loaders and mentally weak players, the injuries just gave the players the excuse to totally capitulate.....which will start against the Dees.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #411 on: July 03, 2012, 08:19:11 PM »

Agree, but it was gone before the injuries, still too many free loaders and mentally weak players, the injuries just gave the players the excuse to totally capitulate.....which will start against the Dees.

Saturday's loss probably confirms this Tony, although given the draw we have the improvement in the type of play we have shown and the pluck the side has shown mathematically we are still in it I guess.

There are definentely a few on the list who should not be there but whilst we know now that another dip into the draft and table may fill a few needs to bolster us next season.

PNGQT, mate I know it's hard given our lack of success, but you just can't attribute this year to the past and equate it to failure given the way we have played and the natural improvement in our list and the astute pick of Morris and the fact that Ellis has been great this year. You yourself have answered our issue yourself by calling some of our players freeloaders who once the needs are filled this draft these freeloaders will be phased out.

We have come from a long long way back. To be where we are right now compared to the end of 2009 only two full seasons ago is remarkable in itself and a credit to the coach and the players.

Yes Saturday's result hurts no question about it but a 19 point loss is better than a 19 goal loss which lamentably have been a regular occurance in the last few years.

Would at least give the team more credit this year than what you are giving them in suggesting they will pack it in now merely because Vickery aint playing for the rest of the year when he has been struggling all year and Grimes who has played one game in the last 6 will miss a few more.
I just find it galling to the boys and baffling. :-\

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #412 on: July 03, 2012, 08:44:23 PM »

Saturday's loss probably confirms this Tony, although given the draw we have the improvement in the type of play we have shown and the pluck the side has shown mathematically we are still in it I guess.

There are definentely a few on the list who should not be there but whilst we know now that another dip into the draft and table may fill a few needs to bolster us next season.

PNGQT, mate I know it's hard given our lack of success, but you just can't attribute this year to the past and equate it to failure given the way we have played and the natural improvement in our list and the astute pick of Morris and the fact that Ellis has been great this year. You yourself have answered our issue yourself by calling some of our players freeloaders who once the needs are filled this draft these freeloaders will be phased out.

We have come from a long long way back. To be where we are right now compared to the end of 2009 only two full seasons ago is remarkable in itself and a credit to the coach and the players.

Yes Saturday's result hurts no question about it but a 19 point loss is better than a 19 goal loss which lamentably have been a regular occurance in the last few years.

Would at least give the team more credit this year than what you are giving them in suggesting they will pack it in now merely because Vickery aint playing for the rest of the year when he has been struggling all year and Grimes who has played one game in the last 6 will miss a few more.
I just find it galling to the boys and baffling. :-\

Tucker, I know what you are saying mate and to some degree I do agree, but.....how long have you and I been on this forum, how many times have we said what you are saying?? How many times are we coming from a long long way back? Do we go as far back as the possum poo that Wallace cleaned out? Do we go as far back as the manure dumped outside the clubhouse? Do we go as far back as Bartlett getting the sack? Do we go as far back as Tony Jewel tearing his hair out at against the Swans (I think)........ How far.

Because that's how long I have been listening to the voice of reason....

This year is no different to 1995...... Or the other years we ended up 9th, the game against the Crows showed us the Richmond of a long long time ago, mentally weak...30+ points up to lose by 19.... That's 50+ point turnaround.......how does that happen and we should be......oh well it was only a 10 goal turn around??

FFS, we had Knights, Campbell, Broderick, Richo, Gayle x 2,  and we good good youth coming through.Coghlan.....sound familiar....sounds like now.

Anyway, I will always follow the Tiges but geez I will never understand their lack of mental strength compared to players and cultures from other clubs..

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #413 on: July 03, 2012, 09:00:39 PM »
That's the problem you can't get rid of 30 players in one hit. Players that Wallet left Dimma to deal with. By next year I would assume/hope that the only players left from the Wallace era and for good reason are

1. Newman
2. Deledio
3. Riewoldt
4. Cotchin
5. Edwards
6. Rance
7.Tuck
8. One of Nahas or King probably Nahas
9. Vickery
10. Foley

That's 10 of 42 players. I hope putting it that way puts the magnitude of this rebuild into perspective. At least if we finish 9th this year its a good 9th. A 9th that has us on the way up, not a ninth like 2006, 2008 that just masked the massive cracks in our list. In those years we struggled to beat the top sides and were mauled only to pay out on the lower sides and beat narrowly the sides around us. At least this year we have been brave and beaten genuine finals sides in Hawthorn Sydney teams we have traditionally struggled against.

I've had time to reflect on Saturday's loss and as I have said not happy about it but certainly a loss that whilst pride and honour don't come to mind given we were 33 points up I have come to realise that this list minus a few duds still left in there will take us places in 2013 and beyond and whose to say that finals is not a possibility this year either. Mathematically we could still get there and currently we have a better % to Nought and are one game out.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #414 on: July 03, 2012, 09:06:40 PM »
That's the problem you can't get rid of 30 players in one hit. Players that Wallet left Dimma to deal with. By next year I would assume/hope that the only players left from the Wallace era and for good reason are

1. Newman
2. Deledio
3. Riewoldt
4. Cotchin
5. Edwards
6. Rance
7.Tuck
8. One of Nahas or King probably Nahas
9. Vickery
10. Foley

That's 10 of 42 players. I hope putting it that way puts the magnitude of this rebuild into perspective. At least if we finish 9th this year its a good 9th. A 9th that has us on the way up, not a ninth like 2006, 2008 that just masked the massive cracks in our list. In those years we struggled to beat the top sides and were mauled only to pay out on the lower sides and beat narrowly the sides around us. At least this year we have been brave and beaten genuine finals sides in Hawthorn Sydney teams we have traditionally struggled against.

I've had time to reflect on Saturday's loss and as I have said not happy about it but certainly a loss that whilst pride and honour don't come to mind given we were 33 points up I have come to realise that this list minus a few duds still left in there will take us places in 2013 and beyond and whose to say that finals is not a possibility this year either. Mathematically we could still get there and currently we have a better % to Nought and are one game out.

I think the problem was ingrained in our paying list and selection of players a long way before Wallace and thats what people keep forgetting..

Also we don't have a chance of beating North, they have sef belief and pay for each other.....we don't!

"Rucks:

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #415 on: July 03, 2012, 09:16:12 PM »

Mathematically you guess Tucker?  We beat Melbourne this weekend (16th on the ladder), the 3 teams above us lose to teams above them that they play (8 v 3, 9 v 4, 10 v 1), and we sit in the 8 come Sat night.  That is, the 4 favourite teams win these games as expected and we are in the 8 this very round.  Then, we have as easy or easier draw than anyone else in the competition to complete the season, so as long as we beat the teams below us it will be nigh impossible for any team under us to kick us back out - in theory they would have to win every game!  Being a realist I know that upsets happen and we still really can't be relied on to beat anyone, let alone everyone we play to finish the season out but given we have been one of the most competitive teams in the competition for every single game so far then "mathematically" possible seems the most likely, not the least.  It is more mathematically probable that we make it than we miss!

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #416 on: July 03, 2012, 09:18:50 PM »
I think the problem was ingrained in our paying list and selection of players a long way before Wallace and thats what people keep forgetting..

That's true to a point but I reckon for the frist time we have people around the place that genuinely want to change that.

You see a kid like Cotchin (and BTW Cotchin is still a kid) and how much it hurts him to lose, ditto Lids, Martin, Jack and now Morris and I just think that problem has a chance to finally be eradicated.

You go back pre- Wallace or even Frawley I don't think we had enough players who cared or hurt enough.

It is changing but it was never going to happen over 3years no matter how much we want it too
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #417 on: July 03, 2012, 11:23:10 PM »

That's true to a point but I reckon for the frist time we have people around the place that genuinely want to change that.

You see a kid like Cotchin (and BTW Cotchin is still a kid) and how much it hurts him to lose, ditto Lids, Martin, Jack and now Morris and I just think that problem has a chance to finally be eradicated.

You go back pre- Wallace or even Frawley I don't think we had enough players who cared or hurt enough.

It is changing but it was never going to happen over 3years no matter how much we want it too

Cotchin isn't a kid. He's young but he's not a kid.

gerkin greg

« Reply #418 on: July 03, 2012, 11:40:36 PM »
Also we don't have a chance of beating North, they have sef belief and pay for each other.....we don't!

You're a stuffing clown sometimes

Stomping your feet like a Veruca mate

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #419 on: July 04, 2012, 12:23:14 AM »
I agree with Dr Greg.......WAT, your out of line....pull your head in!  ;D