Author Topic: Brandon Ellis to Gold Coast / Richmond receive pick 39 as compo [merged]  (Read 297565 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Brandon Ellis [merged]
« Reply #1620 on: June 04, 2017, 09:23:54 AM »
Thought his first half was just OK

2nd half was excellent

Though, he first option is still looking to go backwards or sideways, which he just doesn't need to do.

Couple of times last night he created the only option of going sideways because he had killed momentum when he didn't need to. Stop, prop look every way but ahead. Missed a couple of free blokes down the line by doing this

(and FWIW I was at the game and believe it or not watched it  >:()
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 07:50:53 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1621 on: June 04, 2017, 09:28:20 AM »
Was very good again, shows that when the coaching staff have our mid tier prepared, fit and at their best we are a top top side!!
Go Tigers!

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1622 on: June 04, 2017, 07:33:20 PM »
He went back to kicking it backwards and sideways last night. Why does he do that?

Can someone tell me how many meters he gained for his 18 kicks?

Reason he went backwards TWICE as North had pushed every player behind the ball and we had 4 players sitting behind Brando
Watch the game
382 meters gained
So he averages 20 metres per kick.
With our long kicking style of footy this year that stat doesn't really fit with that. It's barely the required distance.
Like WP said, there is just no need to go sideways WITHOUT looking forward first.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1623 on: June 04, 2017, 08:10:13 PM »
I understand your point BT but he was as important as Jack in that 3rd quarter and looks to be really hitting his straps
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1624 on: June 04, 2017, 08:13:36 PM »
I understand your point BT but he was as important as Jack in that 3rd quarter and looks to be really hitting his straps
I already said he played well but my point was that he still wants to take the easy option when he gets the footy by going backwards.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1625 on: June 04, 2017, 10:22:16 PM »

With our long kicking style of footy this year that stat doesn't really fit with that.

That's a tad misleading bro. You can't just take his metres gained and divide it by his kicks (and still round it down to 20 :lol) and not factor in handballs

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1626 on: June 04, 2017, 11:01:53 PM »

With our long kicking style of footy this year that stat doesn't really fit with that.

That's a tad misleading bro. You can't just take his metres gained and divide it by his kicks (and still round it down to 20 :lol) and not factor in handballs
If you factor in the handballs into his metres gained its worse than 20 metres per kick bro. What is misleading about that?
I look forward to your reply bro

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1627 on: June 05, 2017, 12:48:29 AM »
Caracella
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1628 on: June 05, 2017, 02:32:34 AM »

If you factor in the handballs into his metres gained its worse than 20 metres per kick bro. What is misleading about that?
I look forward to your reply bro

Was exactly my point bro but I forgot you can't handle anyone questioning you, even if in the grand scheme of things it proves your original point even more :lol
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 07:01:28 AM by WilliamPowell »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1629 on: June 05, 2017, 07:52:28 PM »
Brandon Ellis’ excellent emergence

richmondfc.com.au
5 June 2017

Richmond vice-captain Jack Riewoldt believes growing maturity and self-belief have been key factors in hard-running Tiger Brandon Ellis producing arguably the best football of his six-year AFL career during the past few weeks.

Ellis, 23, has racked up 25-plus disposals in Richmond’s past three games and been a major contributor for the team through his impressive rebounding work.

He finished with 30 disposals in the Tigers’ victory over North Melbourne at Etihad Stadium last Saturday night, including four inside-50s, five score involvements, plus seven marks, 18 pressure acts and 382 metres gained.

It’s a significant upturn for Ellis, who established himself as one of the competition’s best young players early in his AFL career, before his form tapered off a bit.

“He probably excelled well beyond his years early on,” Riewoldt said on SEN.

“He made an All-Australian squad three or four years ago and people were ready for him to break out, but he had a couple of probably down years by his own high standards.

“It comes back to a little bit of maturity, and he’s really grasped that half-back/wing role . . .

“He’s playing so well for us and believing in himself as well.

“The group’s believed in him for a long time, but sometimes it’s hard for a young kid to see the light for himself, especially on the big stages of AFL footy, at a big club like Richmond.

“But he looks like he’s done that, and he’s been super-impressive . . .

“He’s become a reliable player for us and someone that we can count on.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2017-06-05/ellis-excellent-emergence

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1630 on: July 29, 2017, 11:16:08 PM »
We've rightly on here criticised Ellis in the past (especially last year) but credit where it's due. As TM pointed out during the game, Brandon had one of his best games tonight - 27 possies @ 81% eff., 7 marks, 4 Re50s, 4 In50s and 3 goal assists.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1631 on: July 30, 2017, 06:42:19 AM »
We've rightly on here criticised Ellis in the past (especially last year) but credit where it's due. As TM pointed out during the game, Brandon had one of his best games tonight - 27 possies @ 81% eff., 7 marks, 4 Re50s, 4 In50s and 3 goal assists.

Yeah agree it is just frustrating when he has his soft games of which there have been plenty

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1632 on: July 30, 2017, 07:47:52 AM »
He still pulls out of contests but I think he's found his niche as a player in the team which we need.
He's become someone who makes me comfortable he won't turn it over when he has ball in hand
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #1633 on: July 30, 2017, 09:39:58 AM »
11.15 left in the last

He's our softest player. If that was anyone else people would be all over it, but with Bellis it's the norm and we are immune 

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1634 on: July 30, 2017, 10:40:26 AM »
I hate soft pricks.

Overall that's what the team are

They lack any killer instinct.
Caracella and Balmey.