Author Topic: Brandon Ellis to Gold Coast / Richmond receive pick 39 as compo [merged]  (Read 297667 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Brandon Ellis [merged]
« Reply #1665 on: March 30, 2018, 08:48:47 PM »
The fact we won a flag with a girl playing is a testament to her team mates
You're making it unfair on girls calling him that.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #1666 on: March 30, 2018, 08:52:49 PM »
Was it just me or did Branden really stink it up last night?
Groundhog Day

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #1667 on: March 30, 2018, 09:11:22 PM »
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1668 on: March 30, 2018, 09:12:07 PM »
Was it just me or did Branden really stink it up last night?
Groundhog Day

It wasn’t just you, he stank it up bad along with Conca and Cellis

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1669 on: April 03, 2018, 01:50:18 PM »
After his first 2 games this guy should be dropped big time, no accountability and his disposal is woeful.

IMO he should be traded. He is as good as he will ever be and no disrespect he is holding his spot under false pretenses.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1670 on: April 03, 2018, 02:39:43 PM »
traded

haha that didnt take long

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #1671 on: April 03, 2018, 03:19:44 PM »
After his first 2 games this guy should be dropped big time, no accountability and his disposal is woeful.

IMO he should be traded. He is as good as he will ever be and no disrespect he is holding his spot under false pretenses.

I think he'd be one of the first names thrown up if we were going to trade a 'premiership' player. Easily replaceable.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1672 on: April 03, 2018, 04:28:08 PM »
Alas he won't be traded on Hardwick's watch.....never even been dropped... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1673 on: April 03, 2018, 05:19:19 PM »
I just hope he doesn't return to that frustrating player again first 2 games been poor.His a premiership player and had a big contribution to our flag only way is up.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1674 on: April 03, 2018, 06:36:19 PM »
As we can all agree, body contact is not this guys strong point. So what I don’t understand is with this being the case why was he moved to defence? I mean hard to argue with the results given we were premiers the first season he started playing there, but surely he’d be more useful playing on the wing where he can utilise his strong aerobic running ability and get the ball on the outside. Don’t think you can use 2016 as a reference point as to why he shouldn’t play there considering literally every player bar a small handful were pathetic that year.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1675 on: April 08, 2018, 05:13:25 PM »
Well done Brandon, good game, that should be your output every week

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1676 on: April 09, 2018, 02:11:28 PM »
The 'G suits him best..... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1677 on: April 14, 2018, 12:21:17 PM »
'It's energy in for me': Durable Tiger opens up

Jennifer Phelan
afl.com.au
Apr 14, 2018 11:10AM

EVEN AS a junior suburban footballer, Brandon Ellis knew the importance of post-match recovery.

Every Sunday, Ellis' dad Dale would drop the teenager off at the Brunswick Baths on Dawson Street in Melbourne's north, so he could soak his battered body after playing for the Calder Cannons the day before.

It was a ritual that started when Ellis was in the Cannons' under-16 program. He'd just been introduced to ice baths, and the idea of recovery sessions away from the club. 

Ellis, 24, laughs now when remembering how his unspecific approach to pool sessions probably didn't do a great deal for the repair of his body.

But he believes it influenced the meticulous approach he now has to recovery, which might just be why he's played 109 consecutive games to be second to only Zach Tuohy as the competition's current most durable players. 

"It's got me to where I am today, doing those little things when I was younger," Ellis told AFL.com.au, on the eve of his 110th-straight game. 

"It's energy in for me – for a lot of guys, it could be energy out, thinking, 'I've got to come to the club again' when they just want to get away, but I love doing it.

"For me, it's more mental. If I'm good mentally, my body's going to feel fine."

Many would be surprised at the level of dedication Ellis shows to manage his body between games.

He does extra Pilates and weights sessions outside of the club, and sources his own two-hour massage on his day off. 

He always gets moving two days after a game – the danger period when players naturally want to rest after recovery the day before – with a light run or bike session.

And he goes into the club for extra ice baths, having discovered a way to make them bearable. 

"You put the towel in the spa and put it around your neck, so you get the hot water running down for 10 minutes," he said.

"And you wear socks. Always wear socks."

It's been a big 14 months for Ellis. In last year's pre-season training camp in Mooloolaba, the hard-at-it Tiger had a personal awakening. 

He was the first player to present at the Tigers' now-famous Triple H (hero, hardship and highlight) sessions, where he shared the story of his dad's battle with cancer, how he'd been ashamed to grow up in a housing commission flat, and about the day he was drafted.

It was an emotional time for Ellis, who hates public speaking, as he talked about how Dale was one of the lucky ones who recovered despite a bleak initial diagnosis.

The exercise brought the Tigers closer together on the eve of their premiership season, and one Ellis says keeps delivering today. 

"I was being this person I wasn't before," he said.

"I told my story and it felt like a big monkey off my shoulders. People just knew why I was the way I was, because of my past.

"I think it 100 per cent still affects us now. You can just be yourself. That's it. 

"That's the best part about coming to the club every day now, you can come in and be yourself, you don't have to be anyone else."

It's all come together for Ellis over the last few years. 

Early in his career, Damien Hardwick told the group they wouldn't be picked if they didn't have something to busy themselves outside of football. 

In his first year, Ellis simply focused on surviving each session, as most players new to the system do.

But in his second season, he did a real estate and a business course. 

In his third year, he founded his company Uncle Jack with close mate Robbie Ball, which has gone from strength to strength. 

Their affordable range of watches has grown to a collection of 39 styles that have recently been launched in America.

It's all helped Ellis balance his life away from football, which he struggled to do in the early days after being drafted in 2011. 

Last year, Ellis was moved to half-back. Hardwick came up to him after a pre-season time trial and told him the move was happening.

It was there he flourished as a hard-ball winning defender after losing his way somewhat on the wing in 2016, and down back is where he wants to stay. 

"I needed change. Change is always good and healthy, and I think 'Dimma' picked it at the right time," he said.

"When I go out there, I just feel free. Everything is just so simple and easy. I just know what I have to do.

"I love the backline now so hopefully I can keep growing there."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-04-14/its-energy-in-for-me-durable-tiger-opens-up

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1678 on: April 15, 2018, 01:20:11 PM »
Brandon on the Sunday Footy Show today:

VIDEO: https://twitter.com/SunFootyShow/status/985337173359538177

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1679 on: April 15, 2018, 10:49:58 PM »
Just out of interest, what would Brandon be earning this year?