Author Topic: Brandon Ellis to Gold Coast / Richmond receive pick 39 as compo [merged]  (Read 297049 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Brandon Ellis [merged]
« Reply #1680 on: April 15, 2018, 11:25:12 PM »
Based on 3/4 of his matches so far this year......way too much......
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1681 on: May 08, 2018, 05:25:41 AM »
Richmond player Brandon Ellis gives glowing character reference to alleged armed robber Omar Benhaddou
Ed Gardiner, Herald Sun
May 7, 2018 3:24pm
Subscriber only
A MAN accused of bashing a disability pensioner during a violent armed robbery has been granted bail after a glowing reference from an AFL premiership player.

Richmond star Brandon Ellis has come to the defence of his close mate, who is accused of taping a grandfather’s mouth shut and holding the man prisoner in his Carlton home.

Ellis’ long-time friend and former schoolmate Omar Benhaddou, 24, was released from custody last month after being charged with armed robbery and false imprisonment over the alleged incident in Carlton.

ELDERLY MAN HURT IN ARMED ROBBERY

TEEN CRIMS WARNED OF MENACE IN YOUTH CELLS

[​IMG]
John Mckay, with pet cockatoo Willen, was bashed and robbed during a violent attack at his home last year. Picture: Tim Carrafa

Alleged victim John McKay told the Herald Sun he was traumatised and frightened he could be targeted for speaking up about his ordeal.

The grandad, who suffers from epilepsy, said he was afraid to leave his house after two separate incidents, including one in which he claims he was threatened with a gun.

Police have charged Mr Benhaddou and two co-accused after the trio allegedly stole a television and two Xboxes belonging to Mr McKay’s grandchildren when they stormed his public housing flat on December 29.

Mr Benhaddou had allegedly warned Mr McKay a month after the initial confrontation not to talk to the police “or something might happen to you”, before punching him.

[​IMG]
Omar Benhaddou with Richmond premiership player Brandon Ellis.
[​IMG]
Ellis celebrates with teammate Dustin Martin and fans after the 2017 Grand Final. Picture: Alex Coppel.
In granting bail last month, Judge John Champion said Mr Benhaddou’s “good character” and lack of prior convictions had helped his case.

The Supreme Court judge took into account character references for Mr Benhaddou, including from Ellis praising his friend’s “honesty, loyalty, discipline and respect”.

Ellis grew up in Carlton North and went to school with Mr Benhaddou, who works as a hospital theatre technician.

The pair remains close and just eight days before the first alleged incident, Mr Benhaddou changed his Facebook profile picture to a photo of him in a Richmond jumper, with the 2017 premiership cup and a medal around his neck.

[​IMG]
Mr Benhaddou with the 2017 AFL premiership cup and a Grand Final medallion. Picture: Facebook
Mr McKay said he was shocked to hear Ellis had backed Mr Benhaddou.

Prosecutors argued that Mr Benhaddou should remain behind bars because of the fear of reprisal attacks on the victim.

Judge Champion moved to allay the prosecution’s fears with strict bail conditions.

Mr Benhaddou is on a curfew, must avoid Carlton and not use drugs. A practising Muslim, he will receive weekly counselling from the Somali Australian Council of Victoria and civics lessons from the Islamic Council of Victoria’s chief imam Sheikh Weli.

Mr Benhaddou is due back in court on July 18 for a committal hearing.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/5-brandon-ellis.1099417/page-53#post-55580256

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/richmond-player-brandon-ellis-gives-glowing-character-reference-to-alleged-armed-robber-omar-benhaddou/news-story/1e10edd60d2ee7c3cc9f17bd79b6c048

« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 01:27:36 PM by Diocletian »

- Gustav Mahler

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1682 on: May 08, 2018, 06:54:30 AM »
REMINDER

The above post was totally unacceptable in its original form because it did not quote the original source it came from  :banghead

It comes from a HUN article that is behind their paywall

it looks like it has been copied from somewhere, if it has again at the barest minimum the link needed to be included

So again if you copy something from another site or source please appropriate link or reference to the original source

I have included the HUN link for now but we require the proper link being included or it the post may be removed

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #1683 on: May 08, 2018, 08:04:52 AM »
Omar Sounds like an upstanding bloke.

Works as a theatre technician at the hospital and in his spare time likes to help the elderly de clutter their house whilst assisting them with some hands on therapy.  And then likes to follow up a month later just so he knows they are all ok. :clapping  :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #1684 on: May 08, 2018, 11:10:01 AM »
Great guy the Bellis & Omar  :gotigers
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1685 on: May 08, 2018, 01:29:12 PM »
REMINDER

The above post was totally unacceptable in its original form because it did not quote the original source it came from  :banghead

It comes from a HUN article that is behind their paywall

it looks like it has been copied from somewhere, if it has again at the barest minimum the link needed to be included

So again if you copy something from another site or source please appropriate link or reference to the original source

I have included the HUN link for now but we require the proper link being included or it the post may be removed

Done  - hopefully that's saved OER from the wrath of old Rupert's legal team & influential Big Footy powerbroker
_DBF_ .... :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1686 on: May 22, 2018, 05:35:30 PM »
Richmond development coach Ryan Ferguson provides ‘Roar Vision’ with an insight into how Tiger premiership defender Brandon Ellis has been performing at VFL level in recent weeks.

Challenge of going back to VFL level

“He’s been brilliant. I think he realised pretty quickly, and he’s seen ‘Milesy’ (Anthony Miles) and a few other guys do it . . . go back to the VFL and just embrace it. It’s the best way to get back to where you want to be. He’s helped the younger VFL guys and he’s been great for our culture.”

Why he was omitted from the senior side

“A lot of it’s just the squeeze came . . . Jayden Short stepped up, and then ‘Broady’ (Nathan Broad) came back in. He wasn’t playing bad footy . . . but the squeeze came and there were seven spots and eight guys in the mix. So he was the one that got squeezed out. You can always work on your game, and if you want to get back in, you’ve got to get better. So he’s gone back to the VFL and is working really hard.”

What he does well when he’s in good form

“His starting position’s really strong . . . When he’s playing really good footy, he’s strong over the ball, strong in the contest, and then he runs and guns. He’s a link player and then is able to get involved on offense.”

His leadership qualities

“He’s been outstanding with that. His first game back (at VFL level) . . . I don’t think we ever doubted it, but he was sensational. He really bought into it. He was carry-over for the AFL game against the Kangaroos, got back into the team meeting, and just wanted to get out to sing the song with the VFL guys . . . They embraced him and he embraced it.”

What he needs to do to return to the seniors

“Another thing that’s going to be important to his game is flexibility. I know he’s played wing in the past, but reacquainting him with that role, so he can play half-back, can play wing. Give him a bit more flexibility for himself and for our team. And then, hopefully, he can get back to his really strong starting points – strong over the footy, run-and-carry. Hopefully he can get back in the team that way . . . The good thing about ‘Brando’ is, when he gets back in, he’s going to be ready to go and he’s going to be a better player.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-05-22/coaches-corner-brandon-ellis

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1687 on: May 22, 2018, 05:44:09 PM »
, hopefully, he can get back to his really strong starting points – strong over the footy

:biglaugh :biglaugh :biglaugh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1688 on: May 22, 2018, 06:08:44 PM »
 :clapping
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #1689 on: May 22, 2018, 11:28:52 PM »
Looking forward to “the squeeze” taking Butler, Grigg and Lloyd also.
Butler inparticular just needs to go back and find his mojo.
They other two can go back and stay there for good IMO

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1690 on: May 29, 2018, 01:02:30 PM »
At the other end of the scale, Brandon is in the top 10 who have fallen away significantly in 2018 according to Champion Data along with some other high profile names in Ablett, Sam Jacobs, Taylor Adams and Jayden Hunt.

Source: Glenn Luff on SEN.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1691 on: May 29, 2018, 01:13:46 PM »
:shh :shh :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1692 on: June 04, 2018, 12:56:40 PM »
Dumping was perfect wake-up for Tiger

Mitch Cleary
afl.com.au
Jun 4, 2018

RICHMOND defender Brandon Ellis admits being dumped to the VFL for a month was the wake-up call he needed in the Tigers' premiership defence.

Ellis' second match back in the senior team resulted in a season-high 25 disposals as the Tigers accounted for Essendon in Dreamtime at the 'G on Saturday night.

The 25-year-old said the end to his 111-game streak after round five would keep him on edge for the rest of the year.

"Yeah, you could say that," Ellis told AFL.com.au of his wake-up call.

"It's been a slow start to the year, not the start I would've liked.

"(I) did my time in the twos, I love playing with the VFL boys and I learnt a lot. It just shows you can't take your spot for granted and everyone's trying to play in your spot.

"I've learnt my lesson and hopefully I never have to look back.

"Not that I got complacent or anything, it's just the boys like Bachar (Houli) and Shorty (Jayden Short), our other half-backs were playing better than I was at the time."

Coach Damien Hardwick said the coaching staff gave Ellis specific instructions to focus on in his time in the VFL.

"In fairness to Brandon, he didn't go out playing horribly," Hardwick said post-game.

"He had some areas that he needed to improve, and he needed to work on those.

"We had some players below who were playing some really good footy. I was really pleased for him (tonight), (he) really got back to the Brandon Ellis we know and love.

"Playing to his strengths, being really strong in the air and just covering the ground incredibly well."

Ellis acknowledged his kicking was the one area of his game that needed to change with time out of the side.

"Just my contested ball and being composed when I get the ball, because I was rushed and just blast kicking," he said.

"I went back, worked on those things and I'm just pleased I could put a four-quarter effort together tonight."

With Houli to be sidelined with a groin injury up until the Tigers' round 14 bye, Ellis will have his chance to secure his spot for the second half of the season. 

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-06-04/dumping-was-perfect-wakeup-for-tiger

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1693 on: June 04, 2018, 01:11:51 PM »
Inb4 AT jerks off all over the thread again..... :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1694 on: June 04, 2018, 02:44:32 PM »
 :clapping