Author Topic: Todd Elton  (Read 74488 times)

Dubstep Dookie

Re: Pick 26. Todd Elton
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2011, 09:20:06 PM »

Lookalike time

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2011, 09:20:55 PM »
Can Elton sing  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2011, 09:39:45 PM »
Some more pics:

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2011, 09:47:50 PM »
Anyone rate Dylan Sheils? Off topic

gerkin greg

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2011, 09:53:20 PM »
Shiels is good  :thumbsup
Seen quite a bit of him up here

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2011, 09:54:38 PM »
Played junior footy against him under 15's/16's. Always been seen as a future AFL player

gerkin greg

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2011, 09:55:24 PM »
He dominates NEAFL

TODD ELTON!!!

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2011, 09:56:41 PM »
Good on him, glad to be able to say I've tagged an AFL player;)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2011, 10:14:39 PM »
Bigfooty's phantom draft summaries of Elton:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
#29 Fremantle - Todd Elton (Dandenong – KPF/Ruck/KPD)
Height: 197cm, Weight: 90kg, DOB: 29/04/1993
Recruited from: Dandenong Stingrays
Style: Drew Petrie
Range: 5-35
Profile: Athletic leading forward/ruckman. Very agile and moves really well for someone of his size. Has great speed for his size. Has a big leap on him as his running vertical jump score as his result at the draft combine shows. Good tackler for size. Very competitive at ground level. Has a very long kick on him. Strong mark overhead. Probably needs to influence more games more consistently because some games he can be among the better players and in other games can do very little. Didn’t really stand out during the champs as much as I would have liked and has had a very inconsistent season, but still is one of the better tall prospects because he still has all the pieces to develop into a serious player at the next level. Potential is there but just hasn’t put it together yet.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=843582
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#12 Brisbane - Todd Elton (197cm forward - Dandenong)

Probably not the pick Brisbane were hoping to make, but they do have some young midfielders stepping up so that does make this one easier. Elton's Championships weren't the greatest, but since not being picked up by GWS as a 17 year old he has worked on his strength and has also played both in the ruck and down back. Despite his quiet Championships, the ability and potential is still there. He moves well for someone his size, and takes a strong mark. AFL Comparison: Drew Petrie.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=883264
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# 25 St Kilda – Todd Elton (Dandenong / 197 / 92 / 93)

IVery close to going to GWS last year but didn’t quite work out and given his year I think he may slide a little albeit if GWS miss Tomlinson or McInness I can still see him being selected by them. I am told McConnell is a fan. Elton is a key fwd who can drift into the ruck. Is pretty mobile, has a terrific leap and has good strong hands and is a pretty good user for a big boy. His testing at the Combine was very good and would give the Crows some insurance against losing Tippett at the end of the year. If they don’t lose him then they potentially have a couple of tall fwd types who in 2-3 years should be very formidable. Problem with him is he just didn’t do enough at TAC or Champs and thats not ideal.
AFL Comparison – Kurt Tippett’ish

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=885853
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pick 29 - Fremantle

Elton is as close to Mitch Clark are you are going to get in this draft. He is a KPF / ruck who has a world of athletic talent, good game skills, great highlights package but is a poor lead for the ball and has an inability to get any kind of consistency especially up forward. He is a top 10 selection on talent if a team can get him to play to his potential.

Todd Elton
DOB 29/4/93 Height 197 Wt 92

Elton had a poor year but is likely to go higher than his performances warrant because he is an intriguing mix of physical talent and game skills. At the moment though he has not really put it all together even playing against guys significantly smaller and less talented than himself. For a big tall with the athletic talents he has he does not influence the game consistently enough. With all that said though its easy to be enticed by his highlights package.

He moves very nicely for a big guy and can link up well going through the middle of the ground becoming another midfielder with the ball. He is a balanced kick and weights his passes well. He is a right footer and much stronger on his preferred but he is capable on his left foot. He extends well for marks and takes the ball where it is very difficult for others to reach but he does not do this often enough.

He is not a great leader in the forward line and tends not to lead to great spots. I like him more marking down back or in the middle of the ground. Overall I would rate him much more highly as a CHB prospect rather than a CHF. Behind the ball I think he can float into the contest more easily and then get off and present nicely as an option going through the middle of the ground. He can deliver into 50 from this position more easily as well. For someone who I rate as a pretty good field kick his kicking for goal is below par and this is another reason I would rate him more highly as KPD prospect.

He does a fair bit of rucking at junior level and he is solid in underage company. In the AFL he is undersized for a ruck but would be capable of competing against most second rucks who are really just key positions who are relieving the number 1 ruck.

I usually have concerns with underaged rucks converting to KPDers based mainly on substandard speed and agility but that is certainly not a concern with Elton. He did a great 2.93 in the 20m sprint and was in the top 25% of the agility test. His jumping was also great and he finished 3rd in the running vertical. Around the ground he usually looks good and seems to cover plenty of ground but he tested at just over 13 in the beep test which indicates that he has quite a bit of work to do there to compete as a CHB.

Elton does not handle physical players who he comes up against and that is going to be a problem he will need to overcome at the next level if he is going to be worth anything. He is a big framed guy who I would expect to have a powerful build when he is fully developed. Think Leigh Brown / Tom Hawkins in this regard so there is no reason why he shouldn’t be able to compete physically.

Overall he really suits the current KP/Ruck model currently in vogue and the lack of KP depth this year probably helps him go higher than his performances would warrant. He is potential over performance though and needs to work much harder at getting into games and actually contributing. At the moment he looks entirely too comfortable doing not much up forward.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=890556

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2011, 02:04:43 AM »
Here are Todd Elton's TAC Cup stats:

http://www.sportingpulse.com/team_info.cgi?player=Todd%20Elton&action=PSTATS&pID=192123220&client=1-3020-0-150804-14527853

Matches: 9
No. times in bests: 3 (including 2 B.O.Gs)

Disp:  109   (DE: 67, DIE: 42 = 61.5%) ..... avg: 12.1
Kicks:   74   (KE: 40, KIE:  34 = 54.0%) ..... avg:  8.2
Hballs:  35   (HE: 27, HIE:    8 = 77.1%) ..... avg:  3.9
Marks:  52  (CM: 26, UM: 26) ..................... avg:  5.8
HR:       15 ...................................................avg:  1.7
Tkles:   13 ................................................... avg:  1.4
Goals:    9 ................................................... avg:   1.0
Bhds:     7

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2011, 02:26:12 AM »
Looks likes less than a girl than the bloke that went to the lions.

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2011, 02:40:37 AM »
The key question is related to whether the RFC forward line can sustain a triangular structure of Riewoldt, Griffiths & Elton on a sustainable basis, OR whether he is insurance as a 2nd tall forward in case Griffiths shoulders are shot as of 2012/13.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2011, 07:04:29 AM »
Glad to see he can take a contested grab. Hope he develops into a champion. Definitely has the potential to quickly over take Browne and Graham

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2011, 07:09:41 AM »
The key question is related to whether the RFC forward line can sustain a triangular structure of Riewoldt, Griffiths & Elton on a sustainable basis, OR whether he is insurance as a 2nd tall forward in case Griffiths shoulders are shot as of 2012/13.

I have a feeling they might be looking at him more as a tall defender.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2011, 08:18:25 AM »
it's called depth Darth.

Oh, to be in a situation where young blokes with promise start looking elsewhere for opportunities.

It's a problem i crave.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI