Author Topic: Todd Elton  (Read 76451 times)

dwaino

Re: Pick 26. Todd Elton
« Reply #105 on: December 08, 2011, 10:52:38 PM »
Is that you, BJ?!  :shh

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #106 on: February 29, 2012, 02:52:28 PM »
I've just been watching some highlights of the NAB Cup games from the Friday before. When Elton slipped down to pick 26 there apparently was a question mark on his hardness by some around the net. Those last couple of plays against Hawthorn that lead to Whitey's winning goal clearly makes a mockery of that talk. First Elton gets cleaned up from behind in a pack and is taken off. Then he comes back on a couple of minutes later and immediately floats back again into a oncoming pack, makes a contest and keeps his feet before dishing off a handball in front of Whitey who goals. Those actions and second efforts are what you want to see from a young key forward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jea9XKOPTbM&feature=endscreen&NR=1
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #107 on: February 29, 2012, 09:18:22 PM »
Good post MT. That assist looks better from the young bloke each time you watch it.

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #108 on: February 29, 2012, 09:59:45 PM »
First time I watched the game, I only noticed him when he got cleaned up and what he did after that.

Watching the game again, he presented very well up to the wing and even half back. He looks a likely type.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #109 on: February 29, 2012, 10:04:47 PM »
Agree with what MT has highlighted

Looking forward to seeing the kid get some beef across those shoulders and arms
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

dwaino

« Reply #110 on: February 29, 2012, 10:11:07 PM »

Looking forward to seeing the kid get some beef across those shoulders and arms

Will be a dead set ripper when he does. When we drafted him I thought he was a hat rack. At the Nob Cup game, after he went off for the blood rule, I remember him warming up along the boundary just below where I was sitting, and couldn't believe how much he has stacked on in even this short time.

Credit to our training and conditioning staff  :thumbsup

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #111 on: March 01, 2012, 10:10:29 AM »
Good post MT and agree, Elton looks really promising.

Was the critiscm more of his thirst to throw his weight around rather than be courageous? I thought I read something saying he needed to grow a mean streak and learn it was ok to bash packs and impose himself physically. I can't remember reading he wasn't hard or courageous enough?
Go Tigers!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Todd takes off (RFC)
« Reply #112 on: March 02, 2012, 07:20:23 PM »
Todd takes off
By Tony Greenberg
richmondfc.com.au
Fri 02 Mar, 2012

Talented, young Tiger ‘tall’, Todd Elton, is thriving in the AFL environment.

The 197cm, 18-year-old, who was Richmond’s second selection (No. 26 overall) in the 2011 AFL National Draft, has made huge strides in his football development since arriving at the Club from TAC Cup team Dandenong Stingrays.

“It’s been pretty full-on, a big step up from TAC Cup into pre-season, but they’ve been very exciting times,” Elton said on the ‘Sportsday’ radio show.

“The game plan’s obviously pretty difficult because we’re getting a fair bit put at us that we have to revise.

“But we’ve got Greg (Mellor), our development coach, who’s taken our first and second-years (players) through all game set-ups, making sure we understand it, which has been good.

Read more and the full article at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/129924/default.aspx

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #113 on: March 02, 2012, 08:31:24 PM »
stuff me man. I thought this was another bloke going home because of 'personal problems'

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #114 on: March 02, 2012, 10:45:33 PM »
stuff me man. I thought this was another bloke going home because of 'personal problems'
:lol

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #115 on: March 03, 2012, 09:47:53 AM »
gee Id love him to come out and kick 4 or 5 sunday night, wouldnt suprise me if he did either :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #116 on: March 03, 2012, 10:34:36 AM »
gee Id love him to come out and kick 4 or 5 sunday night, wouldnt suprise me if he did either :shh

woah.....ease up on the expectations.  :shh

sheesh the kid has played 1 game so far sheesh.  :lol

Ruanaidh

« Reply #117 on: March 03, 2012, 10:50:58 AM »
I've just been watching some highlights of the NAB Cup games from the Friday before. When Elton slipped down to pick 26 there apparently was a question mark on his hardness by some around the net. Those last couple of plays against Hawthorn that lead to Whitey's winning goal clearly makes a mockery of that talk. First Elton gets cleaned up from behind in a pack and is taken off. Then he comes back on a couple of minutes later and immediately floats back again into a oncoming pack, makes a contest and keeps his feet before dishing off a handball in front of Whitey who goals. Those actions and second efforts are what you want to see from a young key forward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jea9XKOPTbM&feature=endscreen&NR=1
With 50 secs to go he once again backed back to make a contest against 2 hawks after a quick back-line clearance from Tucky. Miller crumbed and forced the ball deep into our forward line where Mini Maric deliberately fumbled  the ball over the boundary line whilst being shepherded by:....... Elton!..... He had run 50 metres from the original contest, leaving his hawk opponent in his wake.  :clapping

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #118 on: March 03, 2012, 07:16:30 PM »

woah.....ease up on the expectations.  :shh

sheesh the kid has played 1 game so far sheesh.  :lol

Yeah, a 40 minute pre-season practice game at that.

gerkin greg

« Reply #119 on: March 03, 2012, 08:59:28 PM »
Is it now?