Author Topic: Todd Elton  (Read 76448 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Pick 26. Todd Elton
« Reply #150 on: June 28, 2012, 02:53:53 PM »
Graham is crap and any thought of bringing him in the side should not even be discussed.

Yep wish claw woukd shut up on this issue.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #151 on: June 28, 2012, 03:06:07 PM »
 :cheers
Graham is crap and any thought of bringing him in the side should not even be discussed.
:cheers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #152 on: June 28, 2012, 06:49:42 PM »
Congrats to Todd on getting the call up to make his AFL debut. Best of luck on Saturday  :clapping.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ruanaidh

« Reply #153 on: June 28, 2012, 06:56:12 PM »
Big call by the club in a crunch game - would have been much easier for him next week......Having said that.....GO YOU GOOD THING!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Elton up for the challenge (RFC)
« Reply #154 on: June 28, 2012, 07:04:47 PM »
VIDEO: We speak to Tiger debutante @toddeltz about his call up to the seniors

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/roar%20vision%20archive/tabid/11454/contentid/463829/default.aspx

VIDEO: Intro:
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/roar%20vision%20archive/tabid/11454/contentid/406732/default.aspx

Elton up for the challenge
By Tony Greenberg
richmondfc.com.au
6:27 PM Thu 28 Jun, 2012

Richmond debutant Todd Elton is determined to approach his first AFL game this weekend in the same manner he would with the marks he enjoys flying for.

“I’m definitely going to take it with both hands . . . I’m excited for the opportunity,” an excited Elton told ‘Roar Vision’.

Read the full article here: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/139879/default.aspx

tony_montana

« Reply #155 on: June 28, 2012, 07:36:58 PM »
Big call by the club in a crunch game - would have been much easier for him next week......Having said that.....GO YOU GOOD THING!

or last game vs GWS  ::)

but anyhow hes in and good luck to him.  :cheers

talk about a baptism of fire, AAMI, in the wet with the crows on the rebound, welcome to the bigtime son

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #156 on: June 28, 2012, 07:52:26 PM »

talk about a baptism of fire, AAMI, in the wet with the crows on the rebound, welcome to the bigtime son

Good luck to the kid. :thumbsup

Here's to another 200 for the kid. :thumbsup

Its the only way the kids learn. At least he plays a toughie first up and learns to adapt a game against lesser opponents in the following weeks.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #157 on: June 28, 2012, 07:59:08 PM »

Good luck to the kid. :thumbsup

Here's to another 200 for the kid. :thumbsup

Its the only way the kids learn. At least he plays a toughie first up and learns to adapt a game against lesser opponents in the following weeks.
One thing is for sure, Big Eeeevarn will protect him :thumbsup

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #158 on: June 28, 2012, 09:52:46 PM »
Congrats to Todd on getting the call up to make his AFL debut. Best of luck on Saturday  :clapping.

Yeah hope he does really well. Tough gig.

the claw

« Reply #159 on: June 28, 2012, 11:04:33 PM »

Yep wish claw woukd shut up on this issue.
why because you disagree.
make no mistake ive been wanting the likes of graham and white chopped for yrs on end now and nothing has changed.  but we are in the now and we do whats best for the long term. i make three points.

1/ who comes in if ivan goes down and we are puching for finals. hmm do i hear you say angus graham. wtf just throw him in the deepend probably when his form has drpped away and is pooe at coburg

2/ look at most clubs #1 ruckmen. most  have been out injured at some stage this yr. sooner or later we will lose ivan for a game or two or even long term.

3/ ffs what does it say to everyone at coburg, and even worse in the team  when the best players every week at coburg are just overlooked.  white and graham are clearly not the future but what about a thing called culture and a thing called earning your spot. no one can say  graham or white have not earnt a game.
we can play both at the drop of a hat and not lose a thing when one considers how badly out of form the players they would replace have been. ie vickery king nahas  these blokes dont have to improve or become consistent because they know no one will be promoted.

jeezus we  moan and groan me included when players we dont think are good enough get games or continue to get games, but bloody hell we all have to acknowledge when players deserve a call up like it or not.i dont like it but graham and white deserve a game. especially when the mantra out of the club was you have to earn it.

graham for vickery what do we lose. a side benefit from that is ivan gets to spend more time forward and is not run into the ground. graham will give something in the ruck unlike vickery and can do no worse forward atm.

white for one of nahas or king.  what do you lose? the answer nothing.  you actually drop players for poor performance and promote those who have earnt it at coburg now that is taking care of culture.

yep we need to both reward the good performances regardless of who they are like it or not,  and we desperately need to keep pushing kids to the front at the same time  because we are still very much at that stage.

its not all about this week or next week but the long term. something we do this week may well hurt us this week but long term will benefit us.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #160 on: June 28, 2012, 11:32:30 PM »
Synopsis please.

dwaino

« Reply #161 on: June 28, 2012, 11:33:51 PM »
Synopsis please.

tldr, pls  fwd me the memo. kthxbai.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #162 on: June 28, 2012, 11:35:31 PM »

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #163 on: June 29, 2012, 06:50:20 AM »
Run it through babelfish, source language = Whine, target language = English
result
"keep developing kids at the expense of everything else."
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #164 on: June 29, 2012, 07:46:52 AM »
 :lol
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI