Author Topic: Todd Elton  (Read 76002 times)

Offline FLATearth

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Todd Elton
« Reply #390 on: April 08, 2017, 10:56:29 PM »
The tall stocks on the list is pretty concerning. The remaining big options are all fairly speculative picks and long shots; Chol, Garthwaite, Soldo, Moore ...

Elton is problematic.

Griffiths gets knocked out every five minuets

tony_montana

« Reply #391 on: April 08, 2017, 10:57:56 PM »
He'll probably get another crack at it next week - you'd think Benny will have a bit of time off. If he struggles again next week, its Chol time. We've really got to rotate and give Chol and Moore a crack at it this season

Did you watch the VFL today? If you did you would know it's not yet Chol or Moore time.

No I didn't and even if I did I wouldn't judge them on a game where we got done by 12 goals, I also would cut Chol bit of slack given he got ko'd last week..  Chol has been pretty good this preseason and deserves a crack, and I'm sure at some stage this season Moore will deserve a shot too.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #392 on: April 08, 2017, 11:45:01 PM »
Come back Benny....all is forgiven.....
:lol

Elton Struggled.  :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #393 on: April 09, 2017, 07:21:13 AM »
I haven't seen the game yet as I'm moving house and could only listen to it on the radio.
So I make these comments without really knowing just how ordinary Elton was but regardless of that I think he deserves a couple of games to get the pace of it at least.
No one else is bashing the door down so why wouldn't you persist with this guy for a few weeks and really find out if he is worth persisting with. Either way he has had long enough on our list and an informative decision needs to be made on him at the end of this year. It's the perfect time to give him a block of games to show us all if he can play at the level.

I might think differently after watching the game but I doubt it.

Anyway good win by our boys.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #394 on: April 09, 2017, 08:46:38 AM »
I haven't seen the game yet as I'm moving house and could only listen to it on the radio.
So I make these comments without really knowing just how ordinary Elton was but regardless of that I think he deserves a couple of games to get the pace of it at least.
No one else is bashing the door down so why wouldn't you persist with this guy for a few weeks and really find out if he is worth persisting with. Either way he has had long enough on our list and an informative decision needs to be made on him at the end of this year. It's the perfect time to give him a block of games to show us all if he can play at the level.

I might think differently after watching the game but I doubt it.

Anyway good win by our boys.

:shh He want as bad as some on here are making out. I was at the game and he played his role which for a player who has only played a few games is all we can ask at this stage. 9 possessions, 3 marks, 5 hit outs and 4 tackles....not bad.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 09:59:27 AM by WilliamPowell »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #395 on: April 09, 2017, 10:02:52 AM »

:shh He want as bad as some on here are making out. I was at the game and he played his role which for a player who has only played a few games is all we can ask at this stage. 9 possessions, 3 marks, 5 hit outs and 4 tackles....not bad.

Tend to agree with this

Didn't think he was that bad.

Thought in the ruck he was poor (Griff much better option) but he made contests, created contests for the small forward sand bought the ball to ground. So based on that I reckon that was his job yesterday and he was Ok
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #396 on: April 09, 2017, 10:18:04 AM »
Agree, he deserves a few more games IMO, his shot at goal was a classic, probably very nervous as well.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #397 on: April 09, 2017, 10:24:50 AM »
I'm not a Benny fan but he's light years ahead of this bloke .

How could Chol be any worse ??
Unleash the tornado

tony_montana

« Reply #398 on: April 09, 2017, 12:27:55 PM »
Hope Im wrong but I reckon hes done. I have been happy to give him a fair go but like when I saw Mcbean in the seniors, there is not getting the pace of the game  and then there is wayyyy off the pace of the game to the point where you cant see them bridging the gap required. Would love to be wrong but after 5 years Ive seen enough, looked well off it.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #399 on: April 09, 2017, 12:31:22 PM »
Hope Im wrong but I reckon hes done. I have been happy to give him a fair go but like when I saw Mcbean in the seniors, there is not getting the pace of the game  and then there is wayyyy off the pace of the game to the point where you cant see them bridging the gap required. Would love to be wrong but after 5 years Ive seen enough, looked well off it.

Mostly agree. I think that it's important that we give him a few games in a row though.

Offline FLATearth

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #400 on: April 09, 2017, 01:38:00 PM »

Hes Not done, cause There's nothing else.

Mcbean and vikery are gone

Griffs alway hurt

Chol, garthy, soldo, Moore are no where near it

Geez help us if jack goes down

Questionable like management by Hardwick and friends

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #401 on: April 09, 2017, 07:54:10 PM »
Grigg Chaplin

Offline FLATearth

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #402 on: April 09, 2017, 07:57:27 PM »
Can we bring in Tyrone on loan?

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #403 on: April 09, 2017, 08:05:47 PM »
Can we bring in Tyrone on loan?

Mr Vickery go away with this embarrassing idea.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #404 on: April 09, 2017, 08:48:33 PM »
I just watched the replay and I thought Elton did ok.
Competed like he had to and got a few kicks himself. The second half was a scrap and impossible for a 200cm forward.
He will keep his spot going off what I saw.