Author Topic: Todd Elton  (Read 76005 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Todd Elton
« Reply #465 on: April 26, 2017, 12:18:33 AM »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #466 on: April 26, 2017, 01:23:43 AM »
What was reason we got rid of him?
The club that keeps giving.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #467 on: April 26, 2017, 07:03:27 AM »

Would you prefer I asked you that question in the Astbury topic?

I just would like to know what you thought of his game? A KPP player of 65 games.

You obviously have an opinion on a 6 game KPP, so I just wanted to see how you judge players both being KPP. Not really that hard to comprehend is it?

And if the question is too hard just deflect again.

I wasn't deflecting simply didn't understand why you asked the question because I don't think it has any relevance to Elton, still don't but anyway

I am on record as saying I don't rate Astbury. He is a momentum killer with his painfully slow & poor decision making, who gives away stupid free kicks because he watches his man more than he watches the ball.

Will go further and say I am probably in the minority after Monday night's game and say I thought he had a very average game. Gifted the Demons 4 very soft goals again via poor decisions (brain explosion resulting in frees).

Funny how you only directed a question to me rather than anyone else who in the last 24-48 hours in this thread who's been critical of Elton's game.  :whistle
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 01:26:45 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #468 on: April 26, 2017, 07:23:41 AM »

I just would like to know what you thought of his game? A KPP player of 65 games.

You obviously have an opinion on a 6 game KPP, so I just wanted to see how you judge players both being KPP. Not really that hard to comprehend is it?

I wasn't deflecting simply didn't understand why you asked the question because I don't think it has any relevance to Elton, still don't but anyway

I am on record as saying I don't rate Astbury. He is a momentum killer with his painfully slow & poor decision making, who gives away stupid free kicks because he watches his man more than he watches the ball.

Will go further and say I am probably in the minority after Monday night's game and say I thought he had a very average game. Gifted the Demons 4 very soft goals again via poor decisions (brain explosion resulting in frees).

Funny how you only directed a question to me rather than anyone else who in the last 24-48 hours in this thread who's been critical of Elton's game.  :whistle
So after saying all that about Astbury, (giving away 4 soft goals) and yes he was terrible, so bad Dimma had to move him forward, that you are happy for him to stay in the side but you have seen enough of a 7 game KKP in Elton? Does that make sense to you WP? It doesn't to me. Especially with our lack of depth at the club in this position.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 02:40:34 AM by one-eyed »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #469 on: April 26, 2017, 12:42:04 PM »
So after saying all that about Astbury, (giving away 4 soft goals) and yes he was terrible, so bad Dimma had to move him forward, that you are happy for him to stay in the side but you have seen enough of a 7 game KKP in Elton? Does that make sense to you WP? It doesn't to me. Especially with our lack of depth at the club in this position.

I am on record as saying I would have traded Astbury away a long time ago. But he is a favourite so we are stuck with him.

And yes I have seen enough of Elton at both AFL level and VFL level to say he is not going to make it at AFL level. He is completely lost and overawed. At first I thought it was he just struggled with the pace of the game because you and I both know that the gap between VFL and AFL has been in the past massive, has got smaller but it is still large.

But having seen all his AFL games (yes even his debut against Adel in Adelaide all those years ago) I now believe it is more than that and he is one of those blokes who is betwixt and between = above VFL level but not up to AFL level (like McBean).

He was so woeful on Monday night that I actually felt sorry for him. He looked so lost, out of his depth call it what you will that it was actually terribly sad to watch. So for his sake more than anything else I'd drop him back to the VFL before any confidence he has left is completely blown away. I don't think he needs to be tortured anymore

You are right I should remove the 2nd part of your post not because of but I wont because I want to use it as an example and a warning to ALL POSTERS. Emphasis on the words ALL POSTERS.

I will keep it short and simple so for the absolute final time....

It is against site rules to bait, abuse and troll other posters. It is also against the rules for people to call out and accuse others of trolling. We have a report function for people to do that, so we can deal with it. Suggest people use it. The only people who have access to what comes through are the mods, it is purely confidential, so rather than complaining use it!!

If people refuse to use it and would rather us as mods just make the call without consultation (which we do as a last resort) then we can do that too. If people want we'll issue strikes to anyone we deem as trolling/abuse/baiting.

But as I said a few years ago ...be very careful what you wish for imply you want.... because you probably wont like the end result

Further, I must say I find it amusing that people who sometimes do report others for trolling and baiting do a helluva lot if it themselves. Would be great if people applied the same standards to their own posting habits as they appear to expect of others

Finally, I would hope that people actually take on board what I've just said rather than thinking it doesn't apply to them...as I said this final warning applies to ALL POSTERS.

If people continue down the road of abuse, baiting and trolling they will face the consequences of the 3 strikes policy which means people may just end up where others have = banned from this site permanently

**Just to reiterate this isn't a reply to just big tone, it is directed at everyone.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 02:43:13 AM by one-eyed »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #470 on: April 26, 2017, 12:47:35 PM »
Quote from: WilliamPowell
But having seen all his AFL games (yes even his debut against Adel in Adelaide all those years ago) I now believe it is more than that and he is one of those blokes who is betwixt and between = above VFL level but not up to AFL level (like McBean)

Elton makes McBean look like Richo Mk.II.......and was considerably better than your wonder boy Chol at the same stage of his career too...whilst playing in a considerably worse VFL side than Chol currently does and suffering injuries... :shh
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 01:21:23 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #471 on: April 26, 2017, 07:00:34 PM »
I would have thought we'd have tried Elton down back given how poor Astbury was playing.

Not convinced this week coming is the right time to experiment too much though, however we will need the talls.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #472 on: April 26, 2017, 10:09:41 PM »
And yes I have seen enough of Elton at both AFL level and VFL level to say he is not going to make it at AFL level. He is completely lost and overawed. At first I thought it was he just struggled with the pace of the game because you and I both know that the gap between VFL and AFL has been in the past massive, has got smaller but it is still large.

finally we agree. I wanted to give him a go and normally wouldnt bash a young player who has played sfa games but he is terrible at the moment.

Its like he is playing his first game of football every week.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 07:07:38 AM by WilliamPowell »
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #473 on: April 27, 2017, 06:24:14 PM »
Todd keeps his place in the side for another week.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #474 on: April 27, 2017, 06:36:00 PM »
Todd keeps his place in the side for another week.
Is held in really high regard inside the club apparently.  :lol

On a serious note, I'm wrapt for him and I actually think he is competing really well. There was a few times the other night, and some seem to forget it was a wet slippery night, that instead of trying to take mark of the year and put his name up in lights, he tapped the footy front and square for our little guys.

I must admit I do have a soft spot for him as I think he works hard and plays for the team ahead of his own personal gain. Playing a roll. That is something Griff can learn from him.

I also find it annoying that people can write him off after so few games. I'm hoping for us and even as importantly himself, he gets some more confidence at this level and feels he belongs and starts getting a few more touches as that's what most on here judge most players by.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #475 on: April 27, 2017, 09:03:35 PM »

Yes Yes Yes
Astbury has one or two good games and thinks that can carry him for the rest of the season.  I still think its disgraceful he was given the number 12.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #476 on: April 27, 2017, 09:16:57 PM »
Wasn't that Richo's choice? I didn't think the club made him do it IIRC.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #477 on: April 27, 2017, 10:26:50 PM »
Goodbye Yellow brick road.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #478 on: April 27, 2017, 10:54:29 PM »
Goodbye Yellow brick road.
Where the dogs of society howl
You can't plant me in your penthouse
I'm going back to my plough!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #479 on: April 28, 2017, 12:56:19 AM »
Also, I've seen some posters say he has had good VFL form (e.g. WP said "he is one of those blokes who is betwixt and between = above VFL level but not up to AFL level"). When the stuff did he consistently play good VFL football to warrant the opinion he is "above VFL level". I can hardly remember one good game let alone a string of good games. That is the main reason a lot of us don't rate him, it's not a case of writing him off after "7 games" but actually writing him off after only a few good VFL games after 6 years of VFL and AFL footy.