Author Topic: How did we rate how Richmond went in the draft?  (Read 10662 times)

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
Re: How did we rate how Richmond went in the draft?
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2011, 10:00:10 AM »
Imagine sombody saying that 12 months ago, they would of been laughed out of the place. Things can change so much and you watch your 3rd and 4th year guys come on this year.

True, we really need Post and Astbury to step up this season, Grimes still has a way to go and if he can improve again on last season we will be starting to look alright down there. Still allot of if's though for mine......

gerkin greg

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2011, 10:02:13 AM »
Only thing is to me we are carrying 6 Rucks or Ruck/Fowards on out main list this season, is that too many seeing only 2 of them can really get a game each week ?

I think it gives us options

Derickx, Maric & Elton can all go forward

Elton can also play back, might also see Griff down there too

Lot of flexibility with our talls  :thumbsup

10 FLAGS

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2011, 11:17:16 AM »
All are great kicks which is a tick.
Ellis is a lot like Morris, so dont know why you will pick up same type player.
Elton a bit soft
Arnott and Ellis are both hard at it, Arnott is a tad slow .

Weve needed more mongrel in the side for a long time now and if they can give us some in the team along with Morris then thats a plus. Arnot doesnt seem that slow - does anyone know what  scores he got for the sprints at the draft combine.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2011, 12:18:02 PM »
Looks ok on the face of it. We'll know in 4/5 years time.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2011, 12:40:10 PM »
http://youtu.be/Bo9M7qeEM5U

Video of interview with Richard Taylor from after the draft.

Says at the end of it that there are a 3 or 4 boys they thought would get drafted that didn't and that they will go back and think how they can get those boys in the Rookie Draft.

Goodbye Gourdis / Connors ?  :rollin

dwaino

« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2011, 12:49:30 PM »
Not so much here, but other places like BigFooty (lol) are having a bit of a crack at the athletic qualities of Crumpet and Biscuit, such as speed and stuff. But I think we've proved the athletics experiment isn't the way. See, Goudis, White, etc. We have picked some pure footballers and I see us going very much the way of a Geelong style of team build.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2011, 12:56:34 PM »
how the would I know :huh

gerkin greg

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2011, 01:42:15 PM »
Not so much here, but other places like BigFooty (lol) are having a bit of a crack at the athletic qualities of Crumpet and Biscuit, such as speed and stuff. But I think we've proved the athletics experiment isn't the way. See, Goudis, White, etc. We have picked some pure footballers and I see us going very much the way of a Geelong style of team build.

wasn't Ellis rated elite in kicking, clean hands, jumping, endurance and agility  :huh

i think he was

the only 'poor' result was being 3/10ths of a second off an elite 20m sprint time

dwaino

« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2011, 02:00:28 PM »

wasn't Ellis rated elite in kicking, clean hands, jumping, endurance and agility  :huh

i think he was

the only 'poor' result was being 3/10ths of a second off an elite 20m sprint time

Not sure :p people still having a dig. Might be the article that says he's sluggish off the mark? *shrug*

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2011, 02:26:49 PM »
Read somewhere that Ellis isnt very quick off the mark (which is dissapointing to an extent), but is quick over an extended distance (once he gets a gallop up)
He is elite in terms of endurance and verticle leap, which means he can play taller than he is.  :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2011, 06:27:28 PM »
Good old Mario was again ringing up 3aw just now bagging us for picking up two "midgets". Over-acted too much so he's probably some opposition supporter pretending to be a Tigers fan.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2011, 06:57:47 PM »
Happy with picks but note did not pick up a snall forward. How quick are the recruits?

Soo peed off that GWS jagged both Adams and Devon Smith at 13 & 14. I hope Morris was worth it as the slip from 14 to 15 could turn out to be a crucial one. I hope it doesn't come back to bite us on the ass ala Tambo /buddy

The thing is that unless the club come out say so, we will never know if either of those two were even in the calculations.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2011, 07:31:10 PM »
Gee whiz.

Ox

« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2011, 07:51:44 PM »
Seriously,how can we rate it yet???

3 snotty nosed possibles at this stage.

Guess what-other clubs got the same.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2011, 08:15:58 PM »
Happy with picks but note did not pick up a snall forward. How quick are the recruits?

Soo peed off that GWS jagged both Adams and Devon Smith at 13 & 14. I hope Morris was worth it as the slip from 14 to 15 could turn out to be a crucial one. I hope it doesn't come back to bite us on the ass ala Tambo /buddy

going into the 2012 superdraft where we will use the tambling pick the list looks in good shape.

A)
Morris. Grimes. Astbury.
Batchelor. Rance. Ellis.
Newman. Martin. Conca.
Reiwoldt. Griffiths. Nahas.
Deledio. Vickery. King.
Houli. Dea. Post.
Grigg.

B)
Moore. Gourdis. Connors.
Heslin. Mcgaune. Webberly.
Edwards. Tuck. Jackson.
Macdonald. Elton. White.
Miller. Derickx. 

Browne. Helbig. Arnot.
  • . Graham. 

The balance is good. All but eight RFC players are in the 24 years of age bracket or younger.

Our key backs situation is not too bad. Mcgaune and Moore were in our best side 3 or 4 years ago.  Gourdis seems a good vfl standard player. Elton adds deapth. Rance, Grimes, Astbury, Post all best 22 or there abouts.

Ellis and Morris in the back six should mean leaking less goals from Milne/betts
types and let's us play our best footballer in the middle or forward line instead of behind the ball.