Author Topic: Brett O'Hanlon [merged]  (Read 51200 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Brett O'Hanlon [merged]
« Reply #150 on: June 13, 2012, 07:14:48 PM »
VIDEO: O'Hanlon receiving his Tiger guernsey pre-game last Saturday from the great Roger Dean ...

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/roar%20vision%20archive/tabid/11454/contentid/459188/default.aspx
or
http://bigpondvideo.com/RichmondTV/459188/Brett%20OHanlon%20jumper%20presentation/

... when O’Hanlon received his opportunity late in the game, he didn’t let anyone down.  He had six kicks, two handballs and took two marks in the soggy conditions, in his limited game time, to underline the potential that caught the eye of the Tigers in the first place.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/138501/default.aspx

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #151 on: June 13, 2012, 08:09:40 PM »
Was a very tidy debut just quietly :shh...didnt look out of place at all, whoa, im pinching myself we managed to nab this fella :o
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #152 on: June 19, 2012, 04:19:15 PM »
Richmond has been granted permission by the AFL for promising youngster Brett O’Hanlon to play with Coburg in the VFL next Sunday (June 24).

Clubs going into the mid-year bye need that official consent for certain players to drop back to VFL level.

The Tigers were keen for O’Hanlon, who spent his first two games of AFL football as the team’s substitute, to play a full match.

Read full article here: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/138956/default.aspx

the claw

« Reply #153 on: June 19, 2012, 08:00:22 PM »
Richmond has been granted permission by the AFL for promising youngster Brett O’Hanlon to play with Coburg in the VFL next Sunday (June 24).

Clubs going into the mid-year bye need that official consent for certain players to drop back to VFL level.

The Tigers were keen for O’Hanlon, who spent his first two games of AFL football as the team’s substitute, to play a full match.

Read full article here: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/138956/default.aspx
and why would the club not give him some decent game time especially against gws. may only be minor things but theres a lot of minor things they dont seem to be getting right.
whats the point of bringing a young fella in if all he does is sit on the pine. yet dan connors another medium forward can come straight in and get a whole game ffs.

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #154 on: June 19, 2012, 08:05:54 PM »

and why would the club not give him some decent game time especially against gws. may only be minor things but theres a lot of minor things they dont seem to be getting right.
whats the point of bringing a young fella in if all he does is sit on the pine. yet dan connors another medium forward can come straight in and get a whole game ffs.
I guess he could be included as more of a learning experience in regard to how players prepare, bigger crowds (GWS game excepted) and what is expected pre game. He may not have got much game time but the experience would have been of great benefit anyway.

gerkin greg

« Reply #155 on: June 19, 2012, 10:22:22 PM »
You an expert on the use of the substitute too the claw? Stuff me, should have guessed. No doubt you've got it all mapped out. Get your hands on some Microsoft PowerPoint tutorials and whoa lookout  :shh

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #156 on: June 19, 2012, 10:27:43 PM »
It's not rocket surgery Gerks, just "get the cattle first and the rest takes care of itself, almost"

Pretty simple really, no thought or planning needed besides that.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

the claw

« Reply #157 on: June 19, 2012, 10:32:46 PM »
You an expert on the use of the substitute too the claw? Stuff me, should have guessed. No doubt you've got it all mapped out. Get your hands on some Microsoft PowerPoint tutorials and whoa lookout  :shh
nope im just one of thousand of nuffers who uses just a bit of common sense every now and then.

why did connors start and ohanlon who had 8 good possesions as a sub in about 20 minutes of footy the week before have to be the sub again. both ohanlon and connors were played as medium sized forwards.
you dont need me to point this out its there for you to see by their actions.
development went out the window again. they played a 6th yr player who has battled all sorts of things and is on about his 5th chance over a young player again stifling that young players development to the point he has to go back to coburg to get some touch.

they have it wrong. we wont make finals, and if we do   i certainly dont want to make finals at the cost of development. we have been there done that so many times for the last 26 yrs.

gerkin greg

« Reply #158 on: June 19, 2012, 10:44:51 PM »
So you're just going off common sense? That is quite a surprise. Disappointed there is no spreadsheets. Not even a napkin with some notes? You could scan it.

Have been told that O'Hanlon's development is far above expectation, few outside the club also surprised this PSD pick is coming on so quickly. Some recruiters thought he'd be a year or two away from getting senior games.

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #159 on: June 19, 2012, 11:56:03 PM »
So claw's forgetting that Connors kicked 3 goals and presented all day, whereas O'Hanlon dropped a pretty simple mark and fumbled repeatedly when he came on?

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #160 on: July 05, 2012, 03:44:33 PM »
lets hope the kid gets another shot this week.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #161 on: July 05, 2012, 06:33:18 PM »
He's back in the side roger so you'll be a happy man.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #162 on: July 05, 2012, 06:42:00 PM »
Hope he gets a full-game and A Maric is the sub.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #163 on: July 05, 2012, 06:48:56 PM »

:thumbsup. we have a winner here!

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #164 on: July 05, 2012, 07:58:53 PM »
Ya beat me to it  :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled