Author Topic: Brett O'Hanlon [merged]  (Read 51544 times)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Brett O'Hanlon [merged]
« Reply #375 on: May 07, 2014, 08:13:06 PM »
Remain to be convinced but would like to see him get a chance to prove his worth in the seniors again before striking him off.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #376 on: May 07, 2014, 08:21:41 PM »
Remain to be convinced but would like to see him get a chance to prove his worth in the seniors again before striking him off.
TBH Magic, he's hardly had any chances in the seniors.  Played well on Sunday.  Previously had been playing in that developmental black hole called Coburg.  I think if he is played in the seniors he should at least have a decent run.  We all know if you are picked as a HFF or pocket player you need the ball kicked to you a reasonable number of times to be able to score.  Our mids have hardly dominated this year and when they've gone in they have looked for Jack most of the time.  It is really hard to have an impact if that is the case.  He needs to be given a decent chance as I think he may surprise many.  I know some opposition scouts that rate him only because of his size, strength and kicking ability.  Just needs to get the ball more.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

dwaino

« Reply #377 on: May 07, 2014, 08:33:21 PM »
Will probably be getting heaps of kicks for edi-asp next year.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #378 on: June 13, 2014, 05:38:41 AM »
That he can't get a game ahead of Newman, Aadwards and Lennon who had a couple of kicks last week speaks volumes about where Hardwick places this kid.
Geezus give him a go FFS Damien. He might just surprise you!

I don't expect him on the list next season.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #379 on: June 13, 2014, 06:20:33 AM »
Hope he gives him a chance but the way this club is run I have severe doubts.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #380 on: June 13, 2014, 07:04:31 AM »
That he can't get a game ahead of Newman, Aadwards and Lennon who had a couple of kicks last week speaks volumes about where Hardwick places this kid.

I don't expect a number of our kids to be on the list next year

Not because there not any good because I've said previously how would we know if they don't get a chance to show us what they've got

But simply because they don't get given opportunities and it's easier to say "you're de-listed" to a kid than it is to a favourite

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #381 on: June 13, 2014, 09:59:53 AM »

Not because there not any good because I've said previously how would we know if they don't get a chance to show us what they've got

But simply because they don't get given opportunities and it's easier to say "you're de-listed" to a kid than it is to a favourite

For mine

Donuts is not the problem.

Hardwick.

Feck him off. Hird might pump kids full of drugs via needles. But at least he played them

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #382 on: June 13, 2014, 01:49:31 PM »

For mine

Donuts is not the problem.

Hardwick.

Feck him off. Hird might pump kids full of drugs via needles. But at least he played them

Softwick is stuffing the list and will set our development back even further. Richmond - the hospice for hacks.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

tony_montana

« Reply #383 on: June 13, 2014, 03:20:06 PM »
I don't rate this bloke as a prospect, hope Im wrong but Ohanlon and Helbig are 2 I wouldn't bother with

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #384 on: June 13, 2014, 04:52:33 PM »
I don't rate this bloke as a prospect, hope Im wrong but Ohanlon and Helbig are 2 I wouldn't bother with

Helbig in particular is very ordinary IMO but at least he tries and is hard at it, a younger Thomas but with pace (i.e. faster than treacle) ,  O'Hanlon at least has a hint of class but hasn't shown much overrall and is a bit slow... still... give 'em a go ahead of the established hacks who we know will never improve ....they're still young and at least provide a glimmer of hope....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #385 on: June 13, 2014, 05:00:20 PM »
O'Hanlon is pretty outside. Would probably play better with better players around him.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #386 on: June 13, 2014, 05:05:10 PM »
O'Hanlon is pretty outside. Would probably play better with better players around him.

Reckon most of them probably would. Either way we'll never know unless we give them a go and with half a season left of dead rubbers it's the perfect time to do so.

- Thomas Sowell

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #387 on: June 13, 2014, 05:06:25 PM »

Reckon most of them probably would. Either way we'll never know unless we give them a go and with half a season left of dead rubbers it's the perfect time to do so.
We can dream and pretend they play AFL because in reality they ain't going to get a game.  :banghead

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #388 on: June 13, 2014, 10:21:50 PM »
This kid has been shafted by Richmond

Ala.  Arnot. Darrou. Miles. Etc

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #389 on: June 15, 2014, 05:54:10 PM »
Named in the best again for the VFL.