Author Topic: No more excuses, says Daniel Jackson (heraldsun)  (Read 7052 times)

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
No more excuses, says Daniel Jackson (heraldsun)
« on: December 16, 2011, 10:05:34 PM »
RICHMOND onballer Daniel Jackson says there will be no excuses for failure next season.

After two seasons under coach Damien Hardwick, Jackson said yesterday it was time for the Tigers to stop falling back on inexperience and deliver.

"We are looking to really have a crack next year," Jackson said.

"The first two years are more of a learning experience; a lot of young guys who hadn't even played five games, but have now played 50; the senior players are a lot more experienced now.

"The last two years we had people making excuses for us and at times I suppose we had reasons why we weren't doing so well, but those are out the door from now on."

The Tigers finished 15th and 12th in Hardwick's first two seasons, but Jackson said the club's expectations had lifted across the board.

"Our performance has to raise as well," he said.

"If we keep going as we are, then we are heading in the right direction.

"If we had had a few better games this year we would have been cutting it close (to finals).

"We want to improve so it (finals) is certainly on the horizon - that's what everyone aims for."

With games against Carlton, Geelong, Collingwood and West Coast in the first five weeks of the season, Jackson said the Tigers had the chance to set the foundations for their year early.

"Footy is such a confidence game and if you can pull off some of those bigger scalps, especially earlier in the season ... it can really set you up for the rest of your year," he said.

"The best sides are the ones that consistently beat the teams above them, so that's what we need to start doing and that's going to be one of our goals."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/no-more-excuses-says-richmond-midfielder-daniel-jackson/story-e6frf9jf-1226224328443

The club and players need to learn that while making finals is a goal for every team when you say it publicly the media will always spin it as an expectation which can come back and bite us in the arse if we don't look like making them through the season.
Also Daniel good teams consistently beat teams below them as well. I think we should strive more to do that next year(given we lost to port and gold coast this year).

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: No more excuses, says Daniel Jackson (heraldsun)
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 10:16:45 PM »
Well, well, well..........and I have been made out to be the stupid one, Newman, now Jackson..... NO EXCUSES. The players get it....

RICHMOND onballer Daniel Jackson says there will be no excuses for failure next season
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 10:20:14 PM »
Oh and just in case you forgot, please see link below, and.....Just love the first reply to my thread..... :rollin :rollin :rollin

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=14437.0

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Ox

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 10:28:12 PM »
saw her on the news toight....she surfs like she kicks

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 10:29:23 PM »
saw her on the news toight....she surfs like she kicks

:lol...come on Ox, let me have my fun.... :thumbsup :thumbsup

"Rucks:

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 11:15:07 PM »
I was with you on the no excuses thread WAT, but you'll quickly lose my support if you use Jackson as evidence!
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2011, 11:20:35 PM »
I was with you on the no excuses thread WAT, but you'll quickly lose my support if you use Jackson as evidence!

Haha....mate, come on, I need all the support I can get with my No Excuses thread....... :lol

"Rucks:

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2011, 11:29:39 PM »

Gold.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2011, 09:54:58 AM »
Jackson is taking the pee. Have they kicked him out of the leadership group yet or is that farce still going on :help

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2011, 09:58:14 AM »
Jackson is taking the pee. Have they kicked him out of the leadership group yet or is that farce still going on :help

Davey also wants to know this. Would be a joke if he gets to stay in the leadership group

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2011, 10:03:08 AM »
there weren't any last year either but that didn't stop it happening lol
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2011, 10:15:35 AM »

Davey also wants to know this. Would be a joke if he gets to stay in the leadership group

Whoa!! Surly Maric the Jr prodigy is a walk up start for a leadership role, Jackson should be removed immediatly ;)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2011, 02:02:39 PM »
What about DJ's excuse for a football brain?
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2011, 02:04:20 PM »
What about DJ's excuse for 9-ironing every kick directly to an opposition player?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2011, 02:35:58 PM »
Well, well, well..........and I have been made out to be the stupid one, Newman, now Jackson..... NO EXCUSES. The players get it....

RICHMOND onballer Daniel Jackson says there will be no excuses for failure next season

I'm just relieved that youwould seem to have found a favourite players for 2012 now  :rollin :thumbsup

But I have to agree with Davey, using Dan Jackson as you evidence is fought with massive danger  :rollin :rollin

Actually I wonder if the meda bothered to ask Dan if there would be "no more excuses" regarding his ill discipline on the footy field
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)