Author Topic: Intra club match today  (Read 11822 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Intra club match today
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2012, 04:39:25 PM »
Injury scare for Tiger
afl.com.au
2:50 PM Fri 10 Feb, 2012

RICHMOND star Brett Deledio hobbled off Whitten Oval on Friday with tightness in his back and hamstring, leaving the field early in the Tigers' intra-club hit-out.

Scans will determine the nature of the injury, but Richmond assistant coach Ross Smith said he expected it to be at the lower end of the scale.

"He tightened up in the back ... it's hard to know until we scan it, but he ran off the ground, so we don't think it's anything major at this stage," Smith said.

"It's a first real intra-club hit-out, so it's better to be precautionary at this stage, because there's still six or seven weeks before the start of the season."

The squad played three periods in its first major pre-season practice game, a week out from the Tigers' first NAB Cup matches.

"I thought it was a really good hit-out for the boys," Smith said.

"They played with really good spirit.

"I think we were a bit more competitive in the ruck. We need to do a lot more work in the clearance area of the game, so that was really pleasing."

Most of the Club's star players were in action, with only Kel Moore, David Astbury and Ben Griffiths - all recovering from injury - missing the game.

Jack Riewoldt moved freely up forward while Jack Dyer Medallist Trent Cotchin continued his excellent 2011 form in the midfield.

Newcomers Brandon Ellis and Steve Morris impressed off half-back.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/128812/default.aspx

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2012, 04:42:56 PM »
Where's our reporter on the spot Danog?  ;D
Working off a hangover at home... If there was information about the intra-club posted YESTERDAY, I might have been able to go.

;D
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2012, 04:47:26 PM »
Went to today's Intraclub Praccy Match at the Whitten Oval. Most of the list played as far as I could see with Griffiths and Astbury as notable omissions. Feel free to ask any questions but in the meantime I will proffer some observations.

First Year Players: Ellis and Arnott were not intimidated in the slightest. Arnotts inside grunt was evident however I can see trouble with his aerobic capacity over 4 quarters. Ellis seemed to knit with Grimes and Rance seamlessly. Darrou is a brute, but will need time. Elton is a project player and is a least 2 years away - too skinny. The one I really liked was Piva Wright - this boy has speed and a leap and is big-bodied even at this young age. He positioned himself well and gave a solid contest to Jack and Co.

Older players: Best: King, Martin, Conca and Foley. Jack looked to be moving well. I love Conca's attack on the ball. He is a deadset inside/outside mid and seems to direct play intuitively. Eddo has gained muscle but may have lost speed. Post - not sighted. Vickery moved well....and unfortunately is probably our best Ruck prospect. Maric, Browne, and Graham are on par with Maric possibly shading the other 2. Loved the look of Grimes/Rance/Batch. Moore and Dea were servicable. Dan Conners played forward and looked likely. Newy kicked a goal from outside 50 and I couldn't help thinking that he really should be played forward of the ball.

Conditions were typical W/O with the wind driving down to the Northern end so the game was a bit patchy overall.

Ok fire away.
Great report Ruanaidh  :thumbsup and welcome aboard OER  :cheers.

I've got a couple of questions...

Apparently the intra-club was Probables (most likely to play seniors) vs Possibles. Who was playing for the Probables side?

Who played CHB?

How did Morris go?

Cheers.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2012, 04:55:07 PM »
Hey Ruanaldh - thanks for the report. You mentioned you though Moore and Dea was servicable. Did Moore play? What did Dea do? Would Ellis and Moore be infront of Dea at this stage from your observations? Who were the multiple goal kickers? How did Houli play?

Cheers  :cheers

dwaino

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2012, 05:42:09 PM »
Thanks for the report Ruanaldh  :thumbsup I like what you said about Piva. I've been keen to check out his progress ever since we rookie'd him. How solid is his body at the moment? Considering the state of our backline I'm wondering how possible it would be that he could be the mid year, or surprise pre-season rookie elevation. It sounds like Arnott just needs to work on his aerobic capacity. If I remember correctly, I read either on the Facebook post from RFC at the time or it was on BigFooty by somebody that said they knew Arnott, and mentioned that he really hit the weights hard in the past year or two. I guess at the cost of his stamina. I'm sure Hornsby and co will get him up to scratch anyway.

I was just listening to Nathan Brown on Triple M's Rush Hour while I was driving home from work, he said that too that Cotchin is looking awesome. They all agreed that he'll be up for a Brownlow in the not too distant future. Brown is usually pretty Tiger biased (duh lol) but even he said the backline is poo, though the mids have been working on their defensive game over the summer to take some of the strain off our backs. He pumped up Rance big time.

...and maybe a couple injuries could do Deledio some good to drop his market value :P  :outtahere
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 05:57:34 PM by dwaino »

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2012, 05:55:47 PM »
Darrou and right need to work on their fitness majorly.  I wouldn't think we'd see them this year.  They need another pre-season in them.

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2012, 06:40:27 PM »
Video up on the RFC website.  About 30 seconds of playing then talking to Ross Smith for 5 minutes.
We want to see the vision tigers.
Poor effort!!!!!

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2012, 07:08:01 PM »
 :cheers
Darrou and right need to work on their fitness majorly.  I wouldn't think we'd see them this year.  They need another pre-season in them.

Agreed. From the training sessions I've seen they are down on their haunches. 2013 at minimum.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2012, 07:20:03 PM »
That comment about newy...
I reckon he could play off the wing, even half foward flanker
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2012, 07:44:06 PM »

Has been strictly training in the midfield group  ;)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2012, 08:08:51 PM »

Dimma said he will plays mainly down back this year despite expressing interest in and effectively 'trying out' for a midfield role. We are just too inexperienced for him to move out this year....apperently  ;)

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2012, 08:13:54 PM »

Dimma said he will plays mainly down back this year despite expressing interest in and effectively 'trying out' for a midfield role. We are just too inexperienced for him to move out this year....apperently  ;)

I get my info off big footy.   ::) How dare you   ;)

Ruanaidh

« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2012, 08:19:24 PM »
Hey Ruanaldh - thanks for the report. You mentioned you though Moore and Dea was servicable. Did Moore play? What did Dea do? Would Ellis and Moore be infront of Dea at this stage from your observations? Who were the multiple goal kickers? How did Houli play?

Cheers  :cheers
:-[...pooe, I meant to say Morris. Dea looked ok...but I concentrated on those who 'stood-out'. Ellis and Dea played different roles today but both would be vying for a spot in Round 1. Morris is behind the other 2. Didn't note the leading Goal kickers but Jack and Vicks would have led them I'd suggest. Houli looked classy and pinpointed some lovely passes. As with Newy I'd love to see him on a wing or thereabouts where he could be a damaging goal-kicker.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2012, 08:23:53 PM »
Thanks for the report Ruanaldh  :thumbsup I like what you said about Piva. I've been keen to check out his progress ever since we rookie'd him. How solid is his body at the moment? Considering the state of our backline I'm wondering how possible it would be that he could be the mid year, or surprise pre-season rookie elevation. It sounds like Arnott just needs to work on his aerobic capacity. If I remember correctly, I read either on the Facebook post from RFC at the time or it was on BigFooty by somebody that said they knew Arnott, and mentioned that he really hit the weights hard in the past year or two. I guess at the cost of his stamina. I'm sure Hornsby and co will get him up to scratch anyway.

I was just listening to Nathan Brown on Triple M's Rush Hour while I was driving home from work, he said that too that Cotchin is looking awesome. They all agreed that he'll be up for a Brownlow in the not too distant future. Brown is usually pretty Tiger biased (duh lol) but even he said the backline is poo, though the mids have been working on their defensive game over the summer to take some of the strain off our backs. He pumped up Rance big time.

...and maybe a couple injuries could do Deledio some good to drop his market value :P  :outtahere
Cotch looked in magnificent shape. Piva reminded myself and my mate (also a tiger supporter) of a young Josh Gibson. Really liked his body work. One thing re Arnott... he doesn't take a backward step for anyone. He has king's aggression and is twice the size. Landed some crushing tackles today and had a couple of quality clearances. At one stage he was tackled and whoever it was must have had a score to settle as he drove Steve into the dirt ;D
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 08:53:05 PM by Ruanaidh »

Ruanaidh

« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2012, 08:29:28 PM »
Went to today's Intraclub Praccy Match at the Whitten Oval. Most of the list played as far as I could see with Griffiths and Astbury as notable omissions. Feel free to ask any questions but in the meantime I will proffer some observations.

First Year Players: Ellis and Arnott were not intimidated in the slightest. Arnotts inside grunt was evident however I can see trouble with his aerobic capacity over 4 quarters. Ellis seemed to knit with Grimes and Rance seamlessly. Darrou is a brute, but will need time. Elton is a project player and is a least 2 years away - too skinny. The one I really liked was Piva Wright - this boy has speed and a leap and is big-bodied even at this young age. He positioned himself well and gave a solid contest to Jack and Co.

Older players: Best: King, Martin, Conca and Foley. Jack looked to be moving well. I love Conca's attack on the ball. He is a deadset inside/outside mid and seems to direct play intuitively. Eddo has gained muscle but may have lost speed. Post - not sighted. Vickery moved well....and unfortunately is probably our best Ruck prospect. Maric, Browne, and Graham are on par with Maric possibly shading the other 2. Loved the look of Grimes/Rance/Batch. Moore and Dea were servicable. Dan Conners played forward and looked likely. Newy kicked a goal from outside 50 and I couldn't help thinking that he really should be played forward of the ball.

Conditions were typical W/O with the wind driving down to the Northern end so the game was a bit patchy overall.

Ok fire away.
Great report Ruanaidh  :thumbsup and welcome aboard OER  :cheers.

I've got a couple of questions...

Apparently the intra-club was Probables (most likely to play seniors) vs Possibles. Who was playing for the Probables side?

Who played CHB?

How did Morris go?

Cheers.
Sorry, I didn't take note of the sides overall, just tried to remember what and who looked successful on the day.  The Rance/Grimes/Ellis combo was a ripper.

Post played CHB for the probables so didn't have much to do. Piva and Darrou took turns at CHB (on Jack) for the possibles as far as I could tell. Morris had a couple of touches but as I mentioned earlier I'd suggest others are ahead of him ATM.