Author Topic: Intra club match today  (Read 11824 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Injury scare for Deledio (Age)
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2012, 12:23:25 AM »
Injury scare for Deledio
Emma Quayle
February 11, 2012

BRETT Deledio's move back into the Richmond midfield was yesterday halted by some tightness in the back and hamstring, which cut short his first significant hitout of the pre-season.

Deledio left the ground early in the Tigers' intraclub game at Whitten Oval and took no further part, with assistant coach Ross Smith hopeful he had not done any serious damage.

''It's hard to know until we scan it, but at the moment he's just tightened up. He ran off the ground so it doesn't seem to be anything major at this stage,'' Smith said after the 80-minute match.

''It's an intraclub, and the first real major hitout, so it's better to be precautionary at this stage, because there's still six or seven weeks until the season starts.

''There's no point leaving him out there, but at the end of the day, we don't know much at this stage until we get a scan and see what it's like.''

As two of Deledio's potential replacements at half-back - Steve Morris and Brandon Ellis - stood out yesterday, Smith said the club had planned for the 24-year-old to spend more time in the centre this year.

Morris, the son of former Tiger Kevin, was recruited via a trade deal with GWS last year, with Ellis the club's first choice at the November national draft.

Both played in what appeared to be the club's first-choice team yesterday, with Morris' second efforts and tackling particularly eye-catching.

''Both those young guys have come to the club and had a really good pre-season. We expect both those guys at some point in time will play, probably early in the season. Who knows, it might be round one for one of them,'' Smith said.

''They certainly add a bit of aggression to our side, and a bit of run. Both those guys have good tanks, and Morris is certainly hard at it. We hope those guys will bolster our back-line, and certainly add to our depth.

''We're pretty keen to get Lids back into the middle of the ground. He had a pretty good season down in the back-line and really bolstered the back-line.

''We probably needed his ball use down there, and his class, but we certainly need him in the midfield as well, so I think we'll play him in the midfield a bit more this year.''

Trent Cotchin and Dustin Martin were both prominent yesterday, as was Jack Riewoldt, despite being in the midst of a carefully managed pre-season program following operations on a finger, an ankle and both hips.

Defenders David Astbury (knee) and Kel Moore (hip) are still some time off playing, with young forward Ben Griffiths (thigh) closer to a return. The Tigers are intending to play a full-strength side in their opening NAB Cup game next Friday.

''We were probably low on numbers all pre-Christmas with our training, and [Jack] has only just come back on board in the last three or four weeks, so we're mindful that he's still got a fair block of training to get him up and going,'' he said.

''His management has been really steady to this point in time and we havent rushed him at all. We expect him to be up and going, certainly, by round one.''

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/injury-scare-for-deledio-20120210-1sma3.html#ixzz1lz81nzZ1

Dubstep Dookie

Re: Intra club match today
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2012, 07:18:34 AM »
That comment about newy...
I reckon he could play off the wing, even half foward flanker

Has been strictly training in the midfield group  ;)

Cut out the winking rubbish. On this site we don't have a peeing contest about who has the most "info" or "goss". Save that stuff for wankers who like to big note themselves.

If you wish to resent my awesomeness, do it quietly please. It's distracting my stretch off with the club 80 members.  ;)

( ;) ;) ;) )

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2012, 08:40:16 AM »
 :shh :shh  ;) ;) :shh :shh :gobdrop whoah!
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2012, 10:48:04 AM »
Went to today's Intraclub Praccy Match at the Whitten Oval. Most of the list played as far as I could see with Griffiths and Astbury as notable omissions. Feel free to ask any questions but in the meantime I will proffer some observations.

First Year Players: Ellis and Arnott were not intimidated in the slightest. Arnotts inside grunt was evident however I can see trouble with his aerobic capacity over 4 quarters. Ellis seemed to knit with Grimes and Rance seamlessly. Darrou is a brute, but will need time. Elton is a project player and is a least 2 years away - too skinny. The one I really liked was Piva Wright - this boy has speed and a leap and is big-bodied even at this young age. He positioned himself well and gave a solid contest to Jack and Co.

Older players: Best: King, Martin, Conca and Foley. Jack looked to be moving well. I love Conca's attack on the ball. He is a deadset inside/outside mid and seems to direct play intuitively. Eddo has gained muscle but may have lost speed. Post - not sighted. Vickery moved well....and unfortunately is probably our best Ruck prospect. Maric, Browne, and Graham are on par with Maric possibly shading the other 2. Loved the look of Grimes/Rance/Batch. Moore and Dea were servicable. Dan Conners played forward and looked likely. Newy kicked a goal from outside 50 and I couldn't help thinking that he really should be played forward of the ball.

Conditions were typical W/O with the wind driving down to the Northern end so the game was a bit patchy overall.

Ok fire away.

Moore didnt play.. i was there as well and i woul say other than Lids tweaking his back or hammy there is nothing to take away from it.. i thought roles were being played and our defensive structure was prety good with players really concentrating on getting it right. It was physical without it being match physical..  Connors was the only suprise for me..  Hmmm maybe a stevie J role for mr Dan

Ruanaidh

« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2012, 11:33:14 AM »
Went to today's Intraclub Praccy Match at the Whitten Oval. Most of the list played as far as I could see with Griffiths and Astbury as notable omissions. Feel free to ask any questions but in the meantime I will proffer some observations.

First Year Players: Ellis and Arnott were not intimidated in the slightest. Arnotts inside grunt was evident however I can see trouble with his aerobic capacity over 4 quarters. Ellis seemed to knit with Grimes and Rance seamlessly. Darrou is a brute, but will need time. Elton is a project player and is a least 2 years away - too skinny. The one I really liked was Piva Wright - this boy has speed and a leap and is big-bodied even at this young age. He positioned himself well and gave a solid contest to Jack and Co.

Older players: Best: King, Martin, Conca and Foley. Jack looked to be moving well. I love Conca's attack on the ball. He is a deadset inside/outside mid and seems to direct play intuitively. Eddo has gained muscle but may have lost speed. Post - not sighted. Vickery moved well....and unfortunately is probably our best Ruck prospect. Maric, Browne, and Graham are on par with Maric possibly shading the other 2. Loved the look of Grimes/Rance/Batch. Moore and Dea were servicable. Dan Conners played forward and looked likely. Newy kicked a goal from outside 50 and I couldn't help thinking that he really should be played forward of the ball.

Conditions were typical W/O with the wind driving down to the Northern end so the game was a bit patchy overall.

Ok fire away.

Moore didnt play.. i was there as well and i woul say other than Lids tweaking his back or hammy there is nothing to take away from it.. i thought roles were being played and our defensive structure was prety good with players really concentrating on getting it right. It was physical without it being match physical..  Connors was the only suprise for me..  Hmmm maybe a stevie J role for mr Dan
I corrected that some posts ago.....I meant to say Morris. As for Connors, I said he looked "likely" in that I believe there is potential for him to play the role you mentioned. I agree with your comment re the relative lack of physicality in the match. BTW did you notice the size of Batch...it will be interesting to see if it affects his agility or speed. 

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2012, 02:15:45 PM »
Notice Dmac at all?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Ruanaidh

« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2012, 07:26:30 PM »

Ruanaidh

« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2012, 08:03:49 PM »
Here's some brief vision of the intra-club match plus Ross Smith's interview:

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/roarvisionarchive/tabid/11454/contentid/421435/default.aspx

And here's a fair few pics from the intra-club match:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150599217803276.409546.298686323275&type=3
If you look closely at some of the pics you will find a strapping tiger supporter sitting against a pylon with his mate ;)

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2012, 08:14:39 PM »
SWEET JEEEEEZUS, we have some nice 'watergirls' this year.....

0 to chub in 1 second  :yep

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2012, 08:25:15 PM »
You mean 1?
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2012, 08:34:48 PM »
You mean 1?

I'm a tolerant man. As long as I'm respected the next morning.

gerkin greg

« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2012, 08:42:06 PM »
Is this a first year player making Daniel Jackson wet his pants?

Oh Daniel  :-[

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2012, 08:43:46 PM »
Notice Dmac at all?

The dude from Y & B?
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2012, 09:41:01 PM »
Nice post Ruanaidh
Lots of people name their swords......