Author Topic: Rudd Resigns  (Read 11674 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Rudd Resigns
« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2012, 09:05:02 PM »
Leave out the personal comments ppl!

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #91 on: February 24, 2012, 09:20:42 PM »
Gee whiz

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2012, 09:26:51 PM »

It's ok OER me and Dooks go back a long way.

;)
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2012, 09:30:42 PM »

It's ok OER me and Dooks go back a long way.

;)

Have you unblocked me from Facebook yet old knobber?

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #94 on: February 24, 2012, 09:31:43 PM »

Nope

:lol
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #95 on: February 24, 2012, 10:46:24 PM »
The question for me is, if rudd happens to win back the leadership, who becomes treasurer? Surely he couldnt keep swan on after his comments about rudd, and really, swan has done a pretty good job.

pretty good job?

Sorry but i dont count announcing to the country  Australians should vote with their feet and move to a different lender, as being a very difficult thing to do.

the guy is a puppett and repeats the same crap every time i hear him. China this surplus by 2013, shame on banks etc etc

give me a spell useless fool

Any chance you can tell us what he done wrong in managing the economy?

l

He took over from the Costello who had the country in the best shape. Fueled by China we are in fantastic shape, not by anything that Swan has done. He was part of a government who wasted countless money and after he is long gone, someone else will have to come in and fix up that party's mess.
still no mention of where he has gone wrong managing the economy.

Interest rates ? about where the reserve bank wants the,.
unemployment? about the mark they aim for.
inflation? again, about the mark they aim for.

all of these had been on a steady rise when for 12-18 months when he took over.

the question remains, what has he done wrong, as treasurer? 5 years on and the economy is still pretty sound, despite a global economic downturn. must be a real dud.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #96 on: February 25, 2012, 05:25:51 AM »
Yep policy isn't the issue. If you go back before the original challenge in 2010, Rudd and Gillard had been fairly close friends which is unusual in politics. Like a divorce it's become more and more bitter between the two and rather than them being able to go their separate ways as it would happen to most people they've been forced to stick around work together which in turn then makes it a tense situation for everyone else in the caucus. It's like at school or the workplace when everyone else who was friends with both gets caught in the middle having to choose.

Not saying I want him back but if Rudd is cunning he'll be on a two-strike strategy. Lose on Monday but not badly and then wait 12 months re-building burnt bridges. It's a greater advantage to gain back the Prime Ministership this time next year when the Carbon Tax has been in for 8 months and all the teething problems and negative politicking from the opposition and media will be Gillard's problem while Rudd lies low on the backbench. Rudd then comebacks all cleanskin and reborn having won over his colleagues (politics is fickle on both sides as we all know), brings the ETS forward (no more "carbon tax") and eliminates the asylum issue somehow before the end of 2013 election to force Tony 'no policy, no commitment to anything' Abbott to have to change tact with his two main areas of attack nullified. Anytime Abbott is forced away from his repetitive 5-sec mantra one-liners for the TV and has to provide detail he is like a fish out of water. It's why he's just as unpopular as Gillard despite the Coalition's clear lead in the polls. The public don't trust him either.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #97 on: February 25, 2012, 08:37:31 AM »
BTW, how's that investigation going into Craig 'credit card' Thomson going  :whistle

It's still going, I am surei t will be finished in time for the 2016 election  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #98 on: February 25, 2012, 10:30:18 AM »
Lose on Monday but not badly and then wait 12 months re-building burnt bridges.

I sense he'll lose badly on Monday.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #99 on: February 25, 2012, 10:30:32 AM »
Rudds gonna delay the intro of any fiasco type carbon tax. That means that up to 40 members of the Labor Caucas know that Climate Change is fake and that the carbon tax is a total fiasco. Vote 1 the Ruddster!

10 FLAGS

« Reply #100 on: February 25, 2012, 10:31:18 AM »
Gillard Labor is a laughing stock  :lol

FNM

« Reply #101 on: February 25, 2012, 11:06:20 AM »
BTW, how's that investigation going into Craig 'credit card' Thomson going  :whistle

It's still going, I am surei t will be finished in time for the 2016 election  ;D
You betcha lol  :thumbsup

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #102 on: February 26, 2012, 12:58:49 PM »
Rudds gonna delay the intro of any fiasco type carbon tax. That means that up to 40 members of the Labor Caucas know that Climate Change is fake and that the carbon tax is a total fiasco. Vote 1 the Ruddster!

Err no he isn't unless he's changed his mind again, said in one of his many pressers he would review it after 6 months.

And on this gem "That means that up to 40 members of the Labor Caucas know that Climate Change is fake ..firstly he will be lucky to get 30 voted let alone 40 ;D and 2ndly when he was PM he prmosied an ETS to tackle Climate Change so I don't think he thins Cliamte Change is fake ...

Lose on Monday but not badly and then wait 12 months re-building burnt bridges.

I sense he'll lose badly on Monday.

Would love to know what the media and other pollies deem "a bad loss"? Would think any result where the "winner" gets 60+% of the votes would be a bad loss  ;D Not sure Kev would though  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #103 on: February 26, 2012, 01:17:13 PM »
Think we owe it to Big Sexy to show him respect

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #104 on: February 26, 2012, 02:16:59 PM »
Anyone prepared to have a crack at the voting outcome?

I'll say:-

Julia 61
Rudd 42