Author Topic: Miller and A.Maric promoted off the rookie list [official]  (Read 6880 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Miller and A.Maric promoted off the rookie list [official]
« on: March 15, 2012, 10:53:41 PM »
Meanwhile, the Tigers are set to promote Brad Miller and Addam Maric from the rookie list, with both a chance to play in Round 1 against Carlton.

Hardwick indicated the pair of Melbourne rejects were likely to be rewarded for impressive pre-seasons.

Defender Kelvin Moore and young forward Dean MacDonald are on the long-term injury list, allowing the Tigers to elevate two replacements.

"We have been really pleased with the way Brad and Addam have applied themselves this pre-season," Hardwick said.

"They have worked hard on and off the field, and obviously put themselves in contention for a place on the senior list."

Maric, 21, has been a surprise packet, while Miller, 28, who played 14 games for the Tigers last season, continues to impress as a third tall forward option.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/tigers-re-sign-hardwick-until-2014/story-e6frf9jf-1226300859883
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 11:59:39 AM by one-eyed »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Miller and A.Maric to be promoted off the rookie list
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 11:04:19 PM »
Not a surprise at all  :bow

Mini Maric has been the biggest and most pleasant surprise of the pre-season IMHO

:gotigers
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 11:47:01 PM »
Actually if Miller keeps going with his form he could be in the team for a couple of more years yet.... :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 12:45:48 AM »
Miller gawwwn at seasons end. If Griff can't replace him soon the stuff him off too ;D Plus 1 is going ok but the man can't kick or take a contested grab. Seriously average key forward. Bring back drink driving Jay yiew

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 12:54:39 AM »
Miller gawwwn at seasons end. If Griff can't replace him soon the stuff him off too ;D Plus 1 is going ok but the man can't kick or take a contested grab. Seriously average key forward. Bring back drink driving Jay yiew

Wouldn't be to sure CD, most were saying that at the end of last year. I think the coaching staff have quite a bit of respect for what he has brought to the club.

He is also playing ok, if he plays well all year he will stay IMO.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 12:57:16 AM »
Wouldn't have a problem with him being here another year if he's performing. I'd be worried though if Griff was not starting over him in round 1 next year. Maybe even Elton as well. We need these young guys with potential to push Miller out of the side.

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 01:20:51 AM »
Was reported that Miller was ready to retire at the end of last year but was talked into going around again.

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=14289.msg265415#msg265415

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 06:56:50 AM »
Was reported that Miller was ready to retire at the end of last year but was talked into going around again.

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=14289.msg265415#msg265415

"Talked into going around again" & "ready to retire"?

The article doesn't say that, says he was offered a contract and it was his choice if he continued, which is the norm for alot of older players 

And having chatted to him at the B&F which was about a month before that article was in the HUN he was always going to continue   :thumbsup :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 07:59:52 AM »
Next Tuesday both will be promoted

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 11:17:36 AM »

As i have said before, Miller should not be replaced until someone can prove that they are capable of playing better than him in his current role. Until then he has my full support.  :thumbsup

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 03:33:33 PM »
IDAF what you think Tiga. If you love average players playing average footy and helping us stay an average team then stuffen good on ya . time to get serious at Punt Road  :santa

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2012, 04:08:38 PM »
IDAF what you think Tiga. If you love average players playing average footy and helping us stay an average team then stuffen good on ya . time to get serious at Punt Road  :santa
Coach, stop impersonating someone who appears to know something about football. its not in your nature.  ;D

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2012, 04:12:35 PM »
Fancy a computer geek talking like this to a former gun. Fair dinkum.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2012, 04:18:30 PM »

who's ready to replace him?

when someone is ready to replace him they will. Just like 2010 when they wanted to play griffiths, he will go back and play for coburg.

he will have served his purpose, hopefully not just for the time being.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2012, 04:23:52 PM »
Who is ready to replace him :banghead John Butcher got thrown in the deep end last year and he dominated. Kid is the next Richo. He wasn't banging the door down with his form in the SANFL.Who is ready to replace Miller ;D Who has been given a shot at it? Griffiths is playing down back for Coburg ;D No one has been given a shot at it. Either our young forwards are terrible or they're lazy and are refusing to pull their finger out.

If we wanted an average key forward to hold back our kids then Kent Kingsley should still be at the club. At least he has kicked 50 in a season before.