Author Topic: Your 22 for round 1?  (Read 4850 times)

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Re: Your 22 for round 1?
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2012, 08:00:12 PM »
Going by the coburg side and current injury it looks fair clear this is current best 22.

King will force out little maric. I reckon moore is in trouble and.its a bit odd he bot dekisted  hope a fit.asrbury is ahead of miller.

I would love to see griffiths  batchelor  and maybe derickx  helbig  elton  aarnot  oushing for our first finals side..

In light of Batchy playing at the Burgers and assuming he won't be AFL ready with just 5 days cool down, I'll take a punt at it looking some like

B: Morris, Rance, Grimes
HB: Newman, Post, Houli
C: Deledio, Cotchin, Grigg
HF: Martin, Vickory, Nahas
F: Miller, Riewoldt, A.Maric
R: iMaric, Foley, Tuck
I/C: Conca, Jackson, Edwards
SUB: Ellis

Pretty vanilla and includes pets. Swap around Jack and TV, and Conca and Ellis possibly. Ellis would be good sub material this match IMO. I'd bet on Carlton playing a quick sub and Ellis would be a good option late in the game to apply pressure on tired opponents and break lines.

:cheers

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2012, 09:05:10 PM »

Have to agree with you on your lineup dwanio. Though I would prefer to see Ellis in our backline over Morris. Morris will be harder at the ball but Ellis better at moving the ball out of defence and through the zone. I worry Morris may turn the ball over at crucial times.

Tuck will obvious be in the team for similar reasons as Morris and have many of the same flaws.

Should be interesting how everyone plays their roles.

dwaino

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2012, 09:15:25 PM »

Have to agree with you on your lineup dwanio. Though I would prefer to see Ellis in our backline over Morris. Morris will be harder at the ball but Ellis better at moving the ball out of defence and through the zone. I worry Morris may turn the ball over at crucial times.

Tuck will obvious be in the team for similar reasons as Morris and have many of the same flaws.

Should be interesting how everyone plays their roles.

After watching Dimma on EMT I would agree with you re: Ellis. At first I thought either or, but Dimma stated Ellis looks to play back pocket on Thursday. Morris will be near necessary down back to outweigh Carlton in sheer kegs.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2012, 09:58:52 PM »
We need someone to lock down Betts, maybe Morris can worry him off his game.
Matt White might be a smoky, did a job last year on Yarren who is a very dangerous and quick playmaker off their d50.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2012, 10:34:16 PM »
White seemed to play a full game Saturday i reckon he would be out of calculations
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2012, 11:22:14 PM »
If Ellis and Morris are penciled into the starting lineup then could Edwards be the sub? Perhaps Conca?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 02:05:59 PM by Stripes »

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2012, 11:29:05 PM »
If Ellis and Moore are penciled into the starting lineup then could Edwards be the sub? Perhaps Conca?

Morris, Stripes. Morris!!

dwaino

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2012, 12:21:12 AM »
Perhaps Conca?

If it weren't Ellis, then I'd guess Conca. Not for any reason other than the trend of quick line breakers typically being the sub. I can see Morris getting subbed off but not subbed on late in the game to fill this role. Could be completely wrong though as I've only seen him play a couple Nob Cup matches. I assumed Ellis being the newbie, but Ellis + Morris starting down back gives that size, rebound, and unlocks others into the midfield. Using my completely uneducated formula, Conca could also fit this role as he is quick and can go back and forward, and he has missed 3 games of pre-season footy.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2012, 12:57:42 AM »
If Conca plays I'd expect him to either be the sub or start and be the one subbed off. Hard to see him lasting through a whole game after not playing a competitive match for a month.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2012, 08:39:43 AM »
Reckon you might be right there mt
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2012, 10:09:41 AM »
I reckon Concs might be subbed off for A. Maric.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2012, 10:20:29 AM »
. Hard to see him lasting through a whole game after not playing a competitive match for a month.

This makes me laugh a little, Lids had a whole month off with an injury and still managed 30 possessions and a couple of goals in his return game! the down time didn't seem to affect his match fitness. With Conc's he hasn't had the injury to contend with and I'm sure the fitness staff has tailored his program to be cherry ripe for this game ;)

dwaino

« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2012, 12:43:27 PM »
. Hard to see him lasting through a whole game after not playing a competitive match for a month.

This makes me laugh a little, Lids had a whole month off with an injury and still managed 30 possessions and a couple of goals in his return game! the down time didn't seem to affect his match fitness. With Conc's he hasn't had the injury to contend with and I'm sure the fitness staff has tailored his program to be cherry ripe for this game ;)

Spot on. No different from any player returning from suspension.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2012, 01:52:03 PM »
You cannot attain match fitness by training. The game will be played at a frenetic pace. Conca will be one of the first to tier.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2012, 02:08:25 PM »
If Ellis and Moore are penciled into the starting lineup then could Edwards be the sub? Perhaps Conca?

Morris, Stripes. Morris!!

Fixed! How funny. I was just reading how on SEN they referred to Morris as Moore and thought what idiots!  :P  ;D