Author Topic: What's wrong with Tivas?  (Read 2580 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
What's wrong with Tivas?
« on: April 04, 2005, 04:05:06 AM »
The poor guy needs a run at Coburg as he looks to have lost all belief and confidence in himself.

You can point to him obviously being one-sided player and oppositions trapping him on his right but that still doesn't explain his low stats and looking totally lost in the first two games. Wallace's game plan should be suiting Tivas down to the ground especially if he could get the footy 50-60m out from goal and on the run.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2005, 04:08:27 AM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline H Tiger

• Premiership Captain
  • Tigers the biggest hunter
Re: What's wrong with Tivas?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 07:02:46 AM »
Absolutley shocking yesterday.

Needs as long in the magoos as it takes for him to force TW to put him back in the side.

ie. 30+ posessions 4 goals BOG

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2005, 01:17:08 PM »
Shocking isn't it?

So badly out of form it aint funny.

I wonder if it is because he actaully has to think now?

What I mean by that is we have a game plan that players are expected to follow, Tivva just seems sometimes to not be able to decide whether he should kick or handball to a running team-mate. The time it takes him to think and subsequently make the decision, he seems to either a) making the wrong choice or b) get pinged because he's taken too long :-\
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Roar

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • Tigers to thrive in 2005
    • www.yellowandbBlack.info/ - Where true Tigers Roar
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2005, 02:19:15 PM »
He spent a lot of time warming the pine yesterday and when given a run well what can i say he's lost all confidence in his running ability and his kicking, i think this was his was his last chance they tried him as an impact player when the game slowed.

Has to go back to Coburg and try and get his footy in gear i can't see him surviving the cut at seasons end.
GO TIGES !!!                   Roar

Bulluss

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2005, 05:11:03 PM »
No heart, thats the problem

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2005, 06:29:06 PM »
Shocking isn't it?

So badly out of form it aint funny.

I wonder if it is because he actaully has to think now?

What I mean by that is we have a game plan that players are expected to follow, Tivva just seems sometimes to not be able to decide whether he should kick or handball to a running team-mate. The time it takes him to think and subsequently make the decision, he seems to either a) making the wrong choice or b) get pinged because he's taken too long :-\

LOL WP

He has to think how to always get onto his left foot because he has no right one. He has the same problem as Lucas does at the Bombers. What should be a straightforward pass off the right, Tivs needs to figure out how to get on his left. By the time he has checked and arced back around the option is gone so he either goes through with it which is a poor choice or find another option. By the time that happens there's a good chance he'll be nailed in a tackle and pinged.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2005, 07:42:17 PM »
We've pinpointed the problems together. In summary: no heart, no brain and no right foot.

Ox

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2005, 12:15:31 AM »
Terry's told him to go hard or go away and he's sihtting himself @ every contest.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2005, 09:12:51 AM »
lets hope we have seen the last of him, since the day he got his first game, i havent been a fan of tiv, he just does not have it!

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2005, 12:59:52 PM »
Must give Raines a call and give Tivers a rest.....
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2005, 09:55:53 PM »
The stint at Coburg did not do Bowden any harm, maybe it would be good for Tivs and one or two others who are not putting in

Offline LondonTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2005, 07:50:11 AM »
Personally, I would have prefered to see Tivva start on a wing last week against the Dawks.  He needs to get some confidence with the footy.

When he came on in the second half, he lost control on the ball under no pressure twice, and also found himself under the pump twice.  I would expect maybe one incident coming off the bench and getting the ball, but for his experience, four is way too many errors.

I did think however, he straightened up the play in the last few passages into the forward line   (you know, where Kayne nabbed a two grab mark, and a loose ball for a couple of goals  :thumbsup).  We certainly look a more dangerous side when Tivva is delivering into the forward line off a wing.

Maybe he needs a week in the twos.  I would give him one last week against the dogs, and start him on the wing if I was TW.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2005, 09:18:23 AM »
As Royal said there won't be hardly any changes you might be right LT about Tivs getting one last chance. Lucky if he does. Agree LT he needs to be taken out of the backline. Would stick him on a HFF and tell him if in range go for goal or send him back to Coburg to get rebuild his confidence.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2005, 07:38:35 PM »
An improved performance today but Tiv's old offensive game is still missing IMO. Maybe they were just beyond his range but I thought he had a couple of chances to kick long 50+m goals which he is capable of but instead went to the top of the square. 

Bulluss

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2005, 08:17:20 PM »
I didnt really rate his performance at all today. Was a little better but still really stuggled in my opinion.