Author Topic: Official team Round 2  (Read 12469 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Official team Round 2
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2012, 09:21:34 PM »
Back on topic ppl!

Edwards needs a good one. Although I'm sure his supporters will tell me I'm just not looking hard enough at the good things he does. I do notice them. I also notice the fact he's a momentum killer and he's inconsistent at best.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2012, 09:23:09 PM »
think you'll find it's a sheep. shows how much you know.

If you are a Kiwi it is.......shows what you are!!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2012, 09:30:21 PM »
your a baaaad man WAT
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2012, 09:34:58 PM »

Edwards needs a good one. Although I'm sure his supporters will tell me I'm just not looking hard enough at the good things he does. I do notice them. I also notice the fact he's a momentum killer and he's inconsistent at best.

Spot on.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2012, 09:37:12 PM »

"Rucks:

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2012, 09:37:43 PM »
Would think that S.Tuck and T .Vickery are extremely lucky
If either put in shockers this week.they will follow Post and Maric down to Coburg

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2012, 10:52:09 PM »
since when do you worry about what most agree on?
how about addressing the questions, in particular the turnovers?

Is there any chance that rather than just say he was crap, which you have been waiting all pre season to say, that you could tell us why?

Go back and watch the goal he missed in the 1st, go back and watch how he couldn't make the distance to his target let alone hit it in the first GOING INTO THE 50.....go back and watch him trying to kick 10 metres to another player......go watch the game again.

I don't have rose coloured glassed on R3, perhaps you need glasses, go read my post again, I said he wasn't far from the worst but he was at the top......See, you say TV was worst I think Jackson was.....

Why bother WAT same comments with the same blinded people about the same player albeit different year.

Edwards is rubbish. Hang on let me remember all the times when he didn't go all in and attack the ball

The only positive about SE apart from being one game closer to his last for our club is that it seems he had more tackles which has been a big criticism about him for me.

Another  issue i have is how many times he actually touches the ball. Look at his stats over his career and they are always near the bottom. Nowhere near enough for a guy who spends a lot of time on the ground.

Lets face it Jackson is a similar case but at least Jackson brings a harder edge to our club who have known to be soft in the past. SE is just a nothing footballer who will not play in our GF side. That much was evident 2 years ago.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2012, 11:41:17 PM »

Is there any chance that rather than just say he was crap, which you have been waiting all pre season to say, that you could tell us why?

Go back and watch the goal he missed in the 1st, go back and watch how he couldn't make the distance to his target let alone hit it in the first GOING INTO THE 50.....go back and watch him trying to kick 10 metres to another player......go watch the game again.

I don't have rose coloured glassed on R3, perhaps you need glasses, go read my post again, I said he wasn't far from the worst but he was at the top......See, you say TV was worst I think Jackson was.....

Why bother WAT same comments with the same blinded people about the same player albeit different year.

Edwards is rubbish. Hang on let me remember all the times when he didn't go all in and attack the ball

The only positive about SE apart from being one game closer to his last for our club is that it seems he had more tackles which has been a big criticism about him for me.

Another  issue i have is how many times he actually touches the ball. Look at his stats over his career and they are always near the bottom. Nowhere near enough for a guy who spends a lot of time on the ground.

Lets face it Jackson is a similar case but at least Jackson brings a harder edge to our club who have known to be soft in the past. SE is just a nothing footballer who will not play in our GF side. That much was evident 2 years ago.

:cheers :bow :thumbsup :clapping

"Rucks:

TigerTimeII

« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2012, 06:41:42 AM »
i think everyone who played poor has been given a chance, imo post was only dropped as i think they are planning for a wet slippery night and want more players on the deck running, getting the spills

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2012, 07:02:32 AM »

Daniel, you are correct in what you say, it's just that we were specifically discussing his game the other night and whether he was the worst, or among the worst, on the ground, rather than his whole career.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2012, 11:46:18 AM »

Daniel, you are correct in what you say, it's just that we were specifically discussing his game the other night and whether he was the worst, or among the worst, on the ground, rather than his whole career.

No he was not the worst. Players like Vickery, Maric, Jackson, and Miller were ahead of him IMO. but he was his usual self. Some good things like that kick to Jack and some nice tackles but how long can we wait for him to start producing regular descent football.

It makes me laugh when people call for Post's head. Although warranted, he is still had less chances than say a Edwards and Jackson and takes more time to develop than a mid.

These both are the most inconsistent performers on our list and sadly the truth is maybe they get played because we have no one else yet.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2012, 11:52:05 AM »

sadly the truth is maybe they get played because we have no one else yet.

:yep

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2012, 11:52:56 AM »
Again its our so called second and third tier players who are letting us down.

No matter if we have 6-8 A graders if our lower tiers have no impact due to their inconsistencies or in Jackson and Edwards cases their failures and these blokes keep getting games because we have nobody else due to our depth then lamentably we will continue to struggle in the lower half of the table.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2012, 12:44:37 PM »

sadly the truth is maybe they get played because we have no one else yet.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2012, 01:15:50 PM »
i think everyone who played poor has been given a chance, imo post was only dropped as i think they are planning for a wet slippery night and want more players on the deck running, getting the spills

Makes sense