Author Topic: What if Jackson is named AGAIN to play next week?  (Read 19060 times)

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
Re: What if Jackson is named AGAIN to play next week?
« Reply #120 on: April 11, 2012, 12:17:03 AM »
If we lose to Melbourne this site is going to go into meltdown

I'm lighting the torch as we speak ;) ;)

Ox

« Reply #121 on: April 11, 2012, 02:15:58 AM »
If Jackson plays then Hardwick should resign. Hardwick needs to do the right thing by the club and drop Jackson. If he doesnt drop him it means Hardwick doesnt have the balls for the job. Made a decent start to proceedings as a coach but sadly has fallen for the same old trick of keeping players like Jackson on. If Jackson plays poorly and we lose and Hardwick doesnt resign the club should sack him and appoint Malthouse.

but that wont happen because it's right.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #122 on: April 11, 2012, 07:18:43 AM »
There is some club intelligence that suggests that Jack Trengove is allergic to red hair.
I think we need to just hold fire here.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #123 on: April 11, 2012, 11:12:52 AM »
Jako has gotten two years. ::)

I don't know where we will finish this year in terms of the superdraft and in terms of the type of players we will be targetting but if Jako is there beyond 2013 which is when his contract runs out expect 2014 to be Dimma's swansong. It would mean that we are at least 4-6 positions away from where we would like to be. Even if we don't make the 8 this year I didn't expect us to but next year 7-8 minimum and 2014 pushing top 4 at least similar to Carlton last year 5th minimum they were 3 points away from a Prelim. Anything less than that even if finals were achieved lets say an 8th and I would consider it a fail and the club should also.

I am horribly afraid that an 8th spot next year if we do not make finals this year may be seen by the club as some sort of Holy Grail achievement and Hardwick made a miracle worker when blokes like Jako getting selected in the team baffles me when the bloke offers no positive input whatsoever.

I would have thought his epic stuff ups in the last game last year against Nought in Lids 150 would have been the final straw and a reminder to the coaching staff until the list was finalised on how much of a liability he is. If Jako was a soldier he would either get the whole platoon killed or most of them or lead them into a minefield missing the signage indicating where they were heading.

Even if the club make the 8 next year the hot coalface of September will expose Jako and will show we can't progress with blokes like him. Not to a second week. Teams like Sydney and Adelaide don't have blokes like Jako in their 22.

The hot coalface of March- August exposes Jako Titch and others. :thumbsup

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #124 on: April 11, 2012, 11:21:38 AM »
Dimma is surely praying for blokes like Post, Astbury, Griff etc to magically turn into gun KPPs. Your big blokes are the most important people in a footy side, IMO. We have Jack as our only KPP that can be considered anything more than reasonably good. Jack's a gun player on his day. Rance is reasonably good. Vickery was reasonable last year as was Grimes when he played. Other than that, what have got going with our talls? We (and especially Hardwick) need these young blokes to come good very soon otherwise we will continue to rely on blokes like Miller and Jackson.

It's ridiculous that the only bloke that is a suitable replacement for Jacko is a kid who has played 3 VFL games. The depth is poo. White and Webberley are good VFL players but they're not a long term options at AFL level. After these guys, who is knocking on the door? There's nothing there. and bugger me it doesn't help when you draft McDonald and Troy Taylor only for them both to stuff off  :banghead

gerkin greg

« Reply #125 on: April 11, 2012, 12:13:34 PM »
I've seen Jackson release his teammates with a handball multiple times during a game. No poo, he got a handball receive and got it on to the next player in the chain. This is called setting up play. Open your eyes.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #126 on: April 11, 2012, 12:52:33 PM »
Dimma is surely praying for blokes like Post, Astbury, Griff etc to magically turn into gun KPPs. Your big blokes are the most important people in a footy side, IMO. We have Jack as our only KPP that can be considered anything more than reasonably good. Jack's a gun player on his day. Rance is reasonably good. Vickery was reasonable last year as was Grimes when he played. Other than that, what have got going with our talls? We (and especially Hardwick) need these young blokes to come good very soon otherwise we will continue to rely on blokes like Miller and Jackson.

It's ridiculous that the only bloke that is a suitable replacement for Jacko is a kid who has played 3 VFL games. The depth is poo. White and Webberley are good VFL players but they're not a long term options at AFL level. After these guys, who is knocking on the door? There's nothing there. and bugger me it doesn't help when you draft McDonald and Troy Taylor only for them both to stuff off  :banghead

What about Elton too? We have numbers there just not the quality or experience. Would like us to have a crack at Chaplin in Free Agency if someone hasn't made CHB there own yet. We still need a couple of drafts of midfielders to get the depth up. Would argue Helbig is the one groomed as Jacko's replacement. Hard as nails, looks like he will be a good size when he matures but quicker and a better kick. Doesn't mind hurting people either  ;D

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #127 on: April 11, 2012, 12:54:35 PM »
I've seen Jackson release his teammates with a handball multiple times during a game. No poo, he got a handball receive and got it on to the next player in the chain. This is called setting up play. Open your eyes.

So have I before in my team. Doesn't mean I should play AFL.  :lol

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #128 on: April 11, 2012, 12:55:53 PM »

I've also seen Jako hung draw and quarter his teammates and his team also. Then he retaliates by pushing the player who tackled Jako's hot teammate in the firstplace.

It must be taht sort of stuff that Dimma keeps him in the team for.

Jako our tough guy.

dwaino

« Reply #129 on: April 11, 2012, 12:57:59 PM »

What about Elton too? We have numbers there just not the quality or experience. Would like us to have a crack at Chaplin in Free Agency if someone hasn't made CHB there own yet. We still need a couple of drafts of midfielders to get the depth up. Would argue Helbig is the one groomed as Jacko's replacement. Hard as nails, looks like he will be a good size when he matures but quicker and a better kick. Doesn't mind hurting people either  ;D

Or look to the VFL  :whistle :shh

Oooh b-b-bombshell.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #130 on: April 11, 2012, 01:00:19 PM »

Or look to the VFL  :whistle :shh

Oooh b-b-bombshell.

Yer well there's that too.

Offline Tiger Woods

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #131 on: April 11, 2012, 03:23:23 PM »

The hard reality is that it takes a lot longer for big, solid talls to develop into top AFL standard players (about as long as Jackson's contract?). I'm tipping that Jacko will start to get subbed off in later rounds for the new guys to have a crack. I've had a hard think about all this. I refuse to believe that Dimma and the RFC are totally oblivious to Jacko's shortcomings, nor will they let personal feelings get in the way of success. So barring "Dimma is soft, the RFC is a basketbase" routine, what are other plausible explanations. Let's think long-term.

They were hard up on Martin because we all know that he is better than that. Not so much on Jackson because they know that he will not improve in that capacity. Sometimes the older players teach things better than the coaching staff. Jacko has heart, fight and loyalty. He helps set the culture (certainly not the plays). If that rubs off on the new guys then mission accomplished.

And it is worth it. Culture is a massive factor. It's why during recruitment they screen the kids in terms of personality, family, values etc and not just seeing if he can get a job done on the field. Fevola anyone?  :-\

RFC only claimed top 8 in short-term. I guess they figured they could carry Jackson that far. They know, we know and I suspect Jackson knows that he will not be a part of the premier contending team that the Tiges are building towards. He's just laying some bricks to get there.  ;)

gerkin greg

« Reply #132 on: April 11, 2012, 05:04:29 PM »

So have I before in my team. Doesn't mean I should play AFL.  :lol

Middle stump

gerkin greg

« Reply #133 on: April 11, 2012, 05:05:32 PM »

I've also seen Jako hung draw and quarter his teammates and his team also. Then he retaliates by pushing the player who tackled Jako's hot teammate in the firstplace.

It must be taht sort of stuff that Dimma keeps him in the team for.

Jako our tough guy.

Knicked to first slip

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #134 on: April 11, 2012, 08:38:21 PM »
 ;D got him! Yes!