Author Topic: Richmond V Geelong - sold out!  (Read 15599 times)

Ruanaidh

Re: Richmond V Geelong - sold out!
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2012, 06:29:07 PM »
Thanks Stripes :thumbsup BTW when are the teams out?

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2012, 10:38:21 PM »
Chapman usually has a good game against us.

His stats have been down on previous seasons this year but he is the type of player that can explode against us.

In a strange way this game I am starting to feel is winnable.

Maybe our once a decade win at the tin sheep shearing shed is hapenning on Sunday and then we don't have to ever go there again. Baa baa baa. :lol :rollin :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2012, 04:12:51 AM »
The bookies are all pricing Geelong to win by plenty...

Richmond   $5.25
Geelong     $1.16

Source: TAB Sportsbet

Every footy journo in the Age and Herald-Sun have tipped Geelong.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2012, 12:04:33 PM »
Were gunna get smashed

Ty and jack will have a shocker

And the batman and Robin show will be in full swing

FACT

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond confident of matching Cats (AAP)
« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2012, 01:39:47 PM »
Richmond confident of matching Cats
Guy Hand
AAP
April 20, 2012

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick says the Tigers' pre-season AFL win over Geelong is irrelevant.

So is the fact the last time Geelong were beaten by North Melbourne and played the Tigers the next week, the Cats won by 157 points to start a dynasty.

Hardwick's reasoning is that Geelong have come a long way since the NAB Cup.

And results this season show Richmond are no longer the rabble they were reduced to in 2007 at Etihad Stadium in one of their worst-ever losses.

Hardwick has stopped short of declaring the Tigers can produce a breakthrough home-and-away victory against the defending premiers, though they won at the same venue by 59 points in the NAB Cup.

But he is confident they'll be competitive when they take on the Cats at Simonds Stadium on Sunday.

"Geelong are an outstanding side so we've certainly got our work cut out against formidable opposition," Hardwick said on Friday.

"Whether that (a breakthrough win against a top four side) is next week, the week after or whenever, we'll go into every week confident, and this week's no different.

"We've planned, we're prepared, the boys are training to a standard we always want to improve, but they're going about it the right way.

"We know we'll put in a solid performance. We've just got to make sure we put in greater consistency for a longer period of time."

Richmond actually sit above Geelong on the AFL ladder - albeit on percentage - with both sides having 1-2 win-loss records.

The Tigers' win over Melbourne last weekend perhaps reinforced Richmond are capable of beating poor sides, yet their losses against Carlton and Collingwood to open the season show how far they have to go to be at the pointy end.

Richmond trained at Geelong's home ground Simonds Stadium on Thursday, primarily to get the feel of a field which is undergoing redevelopment work and minus one grandstand.

Hardwick said it was a worthwhile exercise.

"We'd train at the MCG every week if we could. If you can train on the ground you're playing on, you'd do it all the time," Hardwick said.

"Without that grandstand down there, the wind can be quite tricky. We had a northerly down there. They're predicting there's going to be a northerly at the weekend."

The Cats will unfurl their 2011 premiership flag before Sunday's match.

Midfielder Shane Edwards has withdrawn from the Richmond squad due to calf soreness.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/afl/13479831/richmond-confident-of-matching-cats/

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2012, 02:00:42 PM »
Edwards out (Calf) :cheers
Webberley in
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Roar Preview: Round 4 (RFC)
« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2012, 02:14:48 PM »
Roar Preview Round 4: Richo and Lade preview the Geelong game...

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/roarvisionarchive/tabid/11454/contentid/441901/default.aspx

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2012, 02:31:33 PM »
The bookies are all pricing Geelong to win by plenty...

Richmond   $5.25
Geelong     $1.16

Source: TAB Sportsbet

Every footy journo in the Age and Herald-Sun have tipped Geelong.

$5.25 sure is tempting to put a redback on......

tony_montana

Re: Richmond confident of matching Cats (AAP)
« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2012, 02:38:40 PM »
Richmond confident of matching Cats
Guy Hand
AAP
April 20, 2012

So is the fact the last time Geelong were beaten by North Melbourne and played the Tigers the next week, the Cats won by 157 points to start a dynasty.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/afl/13479831/richmond-confident-of-matching-cats/

Im tired of expecting to get reamed against this mob

Its about time to come full circle and end the dynasty that started against us.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 03:10:35 PM by tony_montana »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Hardwick confident of matching Cats (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2012, 08:30:32 AM »
Richmond coach Damien Hardwick confident of matching Cats

Matt Windley
April 21, 2012

IN RACING terms, Richmond is a last-start winner but faces a massive step up in class and distance against Geelong at Simonds Stadium on Sunday.

Fans will point to the Tigers' victory, in a canter, during the NAB Cup as a reason why their side can notch a second consecutive win.

But coach Damien Hardwick joined Cats counterpart Chris Scott in saying that result was "completely irrelevant" as a measuring stick.

"Both clubs were at different preparation stages," Hardwick said.

"I think Geelong only had nine or 10 players in there that will play Round 4.

"There's some things that we'll take out of it in terms of the way we play, but what Geelong got out of that game is completely different to what we got out of it.

"The way we played that ground was certainly good and we felt, from an experience point of view, it's always good to play a certain style of footy at that ground because it is very different. It's longer than the MCG, but also skinnier. You have to adjust."

Richmond had a rare training gallop in Geelong on Thursday, with Hardwick saying it was important for his players to acclimatise to the conditions.

"It was more about ground familiarisation. Obviously, with that grandstand (rebuild) down there the wind can be quite tricky," Hardwick said.

"It's always good to train at the ground you're going to play at. The surface is fantastic."

The Cats will unfurl their 2011 premiership flag before tomorrow's match.

Richmond actually sits above Geelong on the ladder on percentage, with both having 1-2 records.

The Tigers' win against Melbourne last weekend perhaps reinforced they are capable of beating poor sides, but losses to Carlton and Collingwood showed how far they have to go.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/richmond-coach-damien-hardwick-confident-of-matching-cats/story-e6frf9jf-1226334346738

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2012, 09:05:23 AM »
We've gone from not being sure we can compete to being pretty sure we can?
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

tony_montana

« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2012, 11:02:22 AM »

baby steps?  :lol

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2012, 11:08:58 AM »

Hasnt that been said here before?? jees dejavu (im not taking the pee either, I think it has  :-\)
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2012, 11:34:52 AM »
I've gone for a Tiges win in my multi.

We're in this.

hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

gerkin greg