Author Topic: Richmond v GWS  (Read 11421 times)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Richmond v GWS
« on: April 19, 2012, 12:40:07 AM »
Know it's a way off but does 15 game have entry entitlements, or do I have to purchase tickets anyone?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Richmond v GWS
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 03:25:33 AM »
Know it's a way off but does 15 game have entry entitlements, or do I have to purchase tickets anyone?
I guessing not as far as the 15/16?-game membership as it's an interstate game.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 06:59:18 AM »

Purchase tickets

It's interstate not in Victoria so a 15/16 membership gets you zippo
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 03:49:21 PM »
Already have my seats. As I rarely get the chance to go to Melbourne these days I bought a GWS platinum membership just for this game. I think my seats are right near the coaches box so it was worth every penny.  :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 11:08:47 PM »
For those living in Sydney or heading up there for the game, there's an open training on Friday at Skoda Stadium at approx. 2pm and also a Sydney Tigers Supporters Function on Friday Night.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 11:16:24 PM »
Thought I fluked it and happened to be in Sydney when this game was on but I arrive roughly when it finishes  :(

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 11:14:46 AM »
Sydney Tigers Supporters Function

Friday night, Paddington RSL, 6.30pm Tommy Hafey/Flea/Craig Cameron, $30 and you can pay at the door

Source: RFC twitter

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 06:02:17 PM »
Patton will be making his AFL debut against us. Izzy is back as well.

The AFL website is tipping us to win by 41 points.

Preview: Greater Western Sydney v Richmond
By James Dampney and Paul Daffey
AFL website
12/06/2012

WHERE AND WHEN: Skoda Stadium, Saturday June 16, 2.10pm
LAST TIME: First meeting

Greater Western Sydney will front up for the second half of its debut AFL season hoping to improve on its one victory to date. Coming off a tough clash with Geelong at Simonds Stadium, a fortnight off would have done the Giants' youngsters the world of good. They welcome a Richmond side to Skoda Stadium that will be smarting from last week's home loss to Fremantle that snapped a run of four wins in five games. The Tigers are 5-6 and in 11th place and will be keen for a percentage-boosting scalp to boost their hopes of September action.

THE FOUR POINTS

GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY

1. How much impact can Jon Patton have for the Giants if he lines up as expected? The 2011 NAB AFL No. 1 Draft pick has been forced to watch his young teammates from the sideline, recovering from knee surgery. But he has shown glimpses of his enormous talent in the reserves and will be keen to demonstrate his athleticism in the forward line and across the ground.

2. GWS will turn out for its second match at its brand new home at Sydney Olympic Park. In a mirror image of most of their season, the Giants were competitive for a half before falling away in their first match at the ground, against Essendon in round nine. This time they will be hoping for a more sustained effort and an increase on the 11,887 fans they got for the opening game at Skoda Stadium.

3. How will the Giants' self-belief be sitting after one victory in their opening 10 games? A breakthrough win over the Gold Coast in round seven was impressive, but they have rarely threatened to pick up another four points. Kevin Sheedy regularly compares his side to the Suns in their first season and GWS needs two more wins if it is to match its fellow newcomers' year-one feats.

4. A huge area of concern for the Giants has been kicking a winning score. After 11 games they are still yet to kick more than 100 points. Patton's input will surely help, but the midfield needs to lift to ensure he and his fellow forwards, including Jeremy Cameron and Israel Folau, can help kick a winning score.

RICHMOND
1. Richmond has not won in the Harbour City since defeating the Sydney Swans in round seven, 2004 at the SCG. Its record against the Swans in Sydney since then is: 2005 (no game), 2006 (no game), 2007 (lost by 66 points), 2008 (82 points), 2009 (19 points), 2010 (55 points) and 2011 (10 points).

2. Midfielder Trent Cotchin spoke early this week about the Tigers' pledge to concentrate on contested footy against the Giants, who have been an impressive contested team in their debut season. The Giants had 17 more contested possessions than Geelong in their loss to the Cats in round 10 at Simonds Stadium. Richmond had six more contested possessions against St Kilda in round 10 (win) and one fewer than Fremantle (loss) at the weekend, leaving room to improve.

3. Richmond lacked a hard edge against Fremantle, even if the contested possession count was even; Tigers coach Damien Hardwick said his team was simply not as tough as its opponent. The return of small forward Jake King from a week's suspension will stiffen up the Tigers. They will need that harder edge if they are to get through that post-halfway period when young teams traditionally drop off. After the bye in round 13, the Tigers face Adelaide, Melbourne, Gold Coast and North Melbourne.

4. One of the Tigers' problems against Fremantle was poor conversion. They had 15 more inside 50s and yet lost by 12 points. The Tigers' conversion ambitions this week present a large challenge if Jack Riewoldt fails to come up from his ankle injury. They might replace him with a tall option like Tom Derickx or Angus Graham or they might go in small; Daniel Connors has been in good form in the VFL. Hardwick will be working in translating forward entries into goals. The Giants defenders will want to be on their mettle.

AFL.com.au prediction: Richmond by 41 points

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/16931/Default.aspx#fixtureid=7758&tab=Preview

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 07:00:27 PM »
For those heading to the game on Saturday here's a seating map. The GA sections are at either end of the stadium (light blue areas).

http://www.afl.com.au/Portals/0/images/2012/GWS_Skoda%20Stadium%20Map%20-%20D.pdf

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 01:45:02 PM »
Playing the way we did last week we would win this game, and that was our poorest performance of the year. If we don't, then we do not deserve finals. Anyone know what the weather is expected to be like on Saturday?? :rollin

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2012, 02:29:25 PM »
There was word going around today that Patton's debut might be in doubt but Sheeds and Patton are dismissing that talk.

No 1 draft pick Jonathon Patton expecting rough stuff from Tigers

June 13, 2012 1:02PM

GREATER Western Sydney Giants No.1 draft pick Jonathon Patton expects Richmond to try and rough him up on debut this weekend, but is looking forward to that challenge.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/patton-expecting-rough-stuff-from-tigers/story-e6frg7mf-1226394321816
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/138454/default.aspx

gerkin greg

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2012, 02:46:50 PM »
Pinhead

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2012, 02:55:16 PM »
Pinhead

Only fitting that he debuts against us. ;D

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2012, 02:59:54 PM »
He will probably kick 6 and the winning goal after the siren :p
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2012, 09:11:05 PM »
He will probably kick 6 and the winning goal after the siren :p

OMG was so thinking the same thing. Whether or not it happens remains to be seen.
The crowd will use blow up dolls with half inflated heads as mascots.. Chanting pin head, pin head, pin head!!!
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S